the ben flower punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one commented on the elbow flower copped before he knocked the guy out

Second punch was to much but if he hadn't of copped a elbow in the first place it wouldnt of happened
Mate to be honest I don't think that peoples attention was on anything prior to the two punches. None of the commentators mentioned it though.I will go back and have another look, thanks for the heads up. Still, it was a dog act with a swift little sucker punch and then one to a defenceless player on the ground. Not good whichever way you look at it.

*****Mate you are pretty spot on. In the vision you see Flowers contact Hohaia as he runs through after Wigan put a kick up. Yes Hohaia chases him but I can't quite say it was an elbow from Hohaia, more of a push in the upper chest. That is when Flowers throws the punch. Hard to see what they will do but I can more than likely say that that will be the defence; responding to an elbow thrown by Hohaia.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No one commented on the elbow flower copped before he knocked the guy out

Second punch was to much but if he hadn't of copped a elbow in the first place it wouldnt of happened
Flower started it when chasing the kick. Lance went for a square up and a rub in after dropped ball.

flower the princess didnt like it + embarrased with dropping the ball

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Flower started it when chasing the kick. Lance went for a square up and a rub in after dropped ball.

flower the princess didnt like it + embarrased with dropping the ball
I thought as he ran through he pushes lance out of the way, lance stacked it got up ran after him and gave him a bit of an elbow to the head then got belted

As I said second punch was a bit much but there was more to the story, you just don't knock someone out for no reason

uk_bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hohaia charged with grade b offence possible 2 game ban, flower grade f with minimum of 8 games,greater Manchester police are looking into the incident despite no complaints being logged,if they charge flower it sets a very dangerous precedent for any sport

N

Natboy

Hohaia charged with grade b offence possible 2 game ban, flower grade f with minimum of 8 games,greater Manchester police are looking into the incident despite no complaints being logged,if they charge flower it sets a very dangerous precedent for any sport
You wouldn't think Hohaia will give a statement so it will go away. 8 matches is a bit lenient, especially if Hohaia gets 2!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was only a matter of time before an incident like this would draw the attention of the police who are considering whether or not it was a criminal offence. I thought that charges had to be pressed by the injured party for the police to take action. Maybe because it was in plain view of 70000 at the ground and countless numbers of TV viewers.?

uk_bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's got a six month ban,misses ten super league games,two friendlies a world club series game and possibly three international matches,I'm not sure if he was selected for Wales squad though

N

Natboy

Was only a matter of time before an incident like this would draw the attention of the police who are considering whether or not it was a criminal offence. I thought that charges had to be pressed by the injured party for the police to take action. Maybe because it was in plain view of 70000 at the ground and countless numbers of TV viewers.?
Yeah that's how it would work here and our law is based on theirs

He's got a six month ban,misses ten super league games,two friendlies a world club series game and possibly three international matches,I'm not sure if he was selected for Wales squad though
and Hohaia got 1 week

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
6 month ban during the off season is not really 6 months

uk_bulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think it's sufficient,we usually deal with matches bans not period of time bans in the UK,six months looks great to the media who have suddenly become interested in the game,it's a long period of time and the rfl looked to have taken the issue seriously

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it's sufficient,we usually deal with matches bans not period of time bans in the UK,six months looks great to the media who have suddenly become interested in the game,it's a long period of time and the rfl looked to have taken the issue seriously
I was curious about the way the bans are structured in England. As you said here it is normally expressed in weeks. Reading the article that I posted the link for shows it is not the longest ban ever given for illegal play, off course Bob Cooper and Les Boyd hold that dubious honour. When you look at it in terms of actual matches it is 10 competition proper and two pre season, to us 12 weeks which is what Jimmy got for the 2012 GF incident. Months does sound worse than weeks when you think about it.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will be selected to play for England, not only that, he will be Captain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.