Search results

1. dogsballs

We need a 5 year plan

check this out, everyone laughed at Goulds 5 year plan. Sure it took a little longer but he was spot on imo. I believe we are putting in place steps to revive our junior systems which is a good thing. Personally I originally didn't want to entertain the idea that we would need so long to get...
  2. dogsballs

Have we lost a lot of third party deals?

So with all the salary cap problems we are having, is part of the problem losing third party deals who were aligned to the dib administration? I totally agree he had to go but people were saying he had a lot of business connections. What I mean is did X amount of a players salary that was...
  3. dogsballs

Best youngsters yet to debut

If the rumours are true and we lose a big contract player and we need to fill out the top 30 with minimum wage contracts, who could/should we target. Obviously they will be most likely players yet to play nrl, but if we can target the right players maybe we can build them over the next few...
  4. dogsballs

Holland to Center

Something needs to be done with the Hopoate/Montoya side. I was a big fan of Montoya last year but he hasn’t had much impact at all this year and there is a defensive issue on that side in every game this year. Maybe put Holland in center and move Hoppa to the wing?
  5. dogsballs

Something's changed

So it could be only 2 things imo A. Des is sacked and the players are happy B. Players were affected by the uncertainty of being forced out but everything's now sorted behind the scenes. Who thinks A or B
  6. dogsballs

Will Hopoate Stats

I came across this comparison of Hayne vs Hopaoate and it's quite comical really. Sure Hoppa has less play making ability then some other fullbacks but he is dam good value, especially now he is playing sundays. Also there is no way Brad Abbey is better then him yet...
  7. dogsballs

Will we make the top 8?

Regardless of whether you see top 8 a successful season or not, or if you actually want us to miss the top 8 to put pressure on Des, I'm just curious to see the general consensus right now. Personally I feel if we win our next 3 we will make it but drop any one of them and we are gone.
  8. dogsballs

Dane Gagai is leaving Newcastle.

http://m.nrl.com/gagai-to-leave-newcastle/tabid/10874/newsid/107074/default.aspx Didn't say where he is going. Could the dogs have signed him?
  9. dogsballs

Time to play for 2017

So Josh is leaving and James Graham is gutted, as other players maybe as well. It's time to play your guts out for the rest of the year and try and bring this team a premiership together! If they can't do it then the right decision has been made anyway. If they do then what a way to send him...
  10. dogsballs

Our horrible kicking game...

I find our halves incredibly frustrating Hodko and Reynolds are both good players that put in 100% but both have weakness's that are becoming more and more obvious we can't win a premiership from. Hodko: defence is great, kicks goals great BUT can't kick in play and isn't very quick...