We need a 5 year plan

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
check this out, everyone laughed at Goulds 5 year plan. Sure it took a little longer but he was spot on imo. I believe we are putting in place steps to revive our junior systems which is a good thing. Personally I originally didn't want to entertain the idea that we would need so long to get back to where we want to be but if I think our way out if this mess is to emulate the Panthers system. Forget about the quick fix, we wont be able to buy our way out of this like the Roosters for example and personally I think it would feel better as a fan of the Bulldogs to win a premiership with something like 70% at least team filled with dogs juniors. We need to fix our talent scouts big time. 279CFC3D-C6F4-464B-AC6D-6A3D7F873055.jpeg

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharks must be light when you take out a few of their players, thought they would have been way up the list

Also fun fact with Roosters, B Moz is playing with Sam Walker currently. B Moz actually played against Sams Dad, Ben in Round 18 2006 haha must make him feel like a dinosaur

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
check this out, everyone laughed at Goulds 5 year plan. Sure it took a little longer but he was spot on imo. I believe we are putting in place steps to revive our junior systems which is a good thing. Personally I originally didn't want to entertain the idea that we would need so long to get back to where we want to be but if I think our way out if this mess is to emulate the Panthers system. Forget about the quick fix, we wont be able to buy our way out of this like the Roosters for example and personally I think it would feel better as a fan of the Bulldogs to win a premiership with something like 70% at least team filled with dogs juniors. We need to fix our talent scouts big time. View attachment 23059
We need a plan for this week.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We will never win a comp with 70% juniors.
Unless we further our catchment by expanding through the southwest and creating a genuine pathway for first grade. Maybe an upgrade to facilities at bass hill for the juniors and a new home ground in Liverpool to rival BankWest.. not a bad start. But I guess it won’t happen quick enough for some.

Malla

Reaction score
Lol who's to say we don't have a 5 year plan? Just because we don't have a fat dog who keeps tabs on himself talking himself up to the media doesn't mean it isn;t happening lol

Malla

Reaction score
Also a bit of context is required here... last year Panthers let go of Tamou (273), Mansour (162 games), Whare (155 games) - that is almost 600 games - if you add the 600 to the fat fuck Goulds list that puts Panthers well up that list

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. Who said we're not already in that window in terms of planning junior development? Topine, Doorey and Schoupp are the next juniors to come through.

We already have Averillo and Okunbur.. Alamoti, Rajab and others from our brilliant Ball and junior teams are the best juniors we've had in years..

Plus we just signed the best young half in the comp, signed Addo-Carr, have a potential leader of the pack in Thompson and have a huge cleanout coming for next year with $2.5-$3 million to spend. We'll likely be a finals team next season if we recruit well.

So I'd say we're in great shape for the future as frustrating as this season and the present is..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They don’t need to be dogs juniors. They can be from other areas but you just get them early.

Like what the Roosters and Storm do and like we did back in the day with SBW, Asotasi, Matua, Price, etc
I just think people are getting way too caught up in what Penrith are doing. Like you said the Storm have successfully done this over an extended period and they've had like 3? players from Victoria actually make their debut for them.

Dubbo Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Also a bit of context is required here... last year Panthers let go of Tamou (273), Mansour (162 games), Whare (155 games) - that is almost 600 games - if you add the 600 to the fat fuck Goulds list that puts Panthers well up that list
What's your point? That was last year. The fact remains that they have successfully developed the majority of their squad.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
just goes to show "experience" isnt everything..

Malla

Reaction score
What's your point? That was last year. The fact remains that they have successfully developed the majority of their squad.
And??? They would not be the team they are not without those experienced players that have gone through their team - thats a fact. Tamou helped build that culture at Penrith, he was the captain last season lol.

Fuck em

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
and they actually look better this year also ..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just think people are getting way too caught up in what Penrith are doing. Like you said the Storm have successfully done this over an extended period and they've had like 3? players from Victoria actually make their debut for them.
Luckily we can have the best of both worlds. Promote some of our best juniors (Averillo, Topine, Alamoti, Rajab) in years which clubs like Melbourne and the Roosters rarely have and poach Burton at the perfect time and more like him (as attempted with Leniu and Piakura)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Luckily we can have the best of both worlds. Promote some of our best juniors (Averillo, Topine, Alamoti, Rajab) in years which clubs like Melbourne and the Roosters rarely have and poach Burton at the perfect time and more like him (as attempted with Leniu and Piakura)
We still need quality NRL players asap. It doesn't matter how many great kids you have coming through, the facts are that they're going to struggle to transition without these experienced blokes ahead of them. For all the great kids Penrith had they still had the likes of Maloney and Tamou mentoring them

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think those stats prove anything, there's successful clubs at both ends of the scale.

We've had 5 year plans in place - 2 premierships by 2019 anyone?

Every club has strategies and plans, the Panthers are entertaining to watch but have won nothing.

We used to be the club others wanted to copy, now we want to copy others, we need innovators not cut and paste.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We still need quality NRL players asap. It doesn't matter how many great kids you have coming through, the facts are that they're going to struggle to transition without these experienced blokes ahead of them. For all the great kids Penrith had they still had the likes of Maloney and Tamou mentoring them
For sure. That's what these signings are for. We need experienced players and a few young prospects. If we signed Clark at hooker with all of his international experience and then someone like Finucane/Taupau on the cheap to go with Rudolph/Vaughan and Capewell then you have the perfect balance.