Search results

1. CBDog

OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 7 | Pre game / Game Day | Bulldogs vs Knights

They all look like Dylan Edwards
  2. CBDog

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

I think Kiraz is suited on the wing. Crichton and Xerri to feed the wingers whoever they might be in the future with good service
  3. CBDog

News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

I remember last year Curran was not named in the Warriors game last year after playing in Sydney. He remained in Sydney and reason cited was family/personal matter. I reckon he was out somewhere with Gus talking contract.
  4. CBDog

Jackson Topine appreciation thread

His health issues are his fat arse and ego
  5. CBDog

News Dogs hit with brutal front row omission as two other stars in doubt — Rd 6 Early Mail

Mate have always been a fan of his. He gives 100%. A point I see he has to improve on his turn and chase if there is a break on his side or kick and chase Definitely could make it in the forwards if wing doesnt suit
  6. CBDog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Only if they have broken jaws
  7. CBDog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Storm vs Bulldogs | AAMI Park

Have been watching him in NSW. Terrible. Cannot defend if his famliys' life depends on it. Made Skelton and BX look like him trying to defend the holes he leaves
  8. CBDog

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

Depends if he gets a couple of swigs from the special water bottle
  9. CBDog

Big packs have dominated us the middle and hence no go forward. The halves (if i can call them that) are supposed to set up the backs after the forwards have laid a platform for them.
  10. CBDog

Might be close to the best available, but not in the right positions Sexgton back in Hutch to 5/8 and Burton to centres
  11. CBDog

This will be Hughes first biggest test to date. Got to take it up hard and be available to do so every set, sometimes twice. This fast moving aggressive Roosters pack will expose any weakness he might have in the balls department. If only Curran had another 10kgs. He has been a standout making...
  12. CBDog

Trouble with that in wet weather the forwards have to aim up in the middle. Will see the trend after ten or so minutes if we have the grit
  13. CBDog

News He’s going to be a great No. 6’: Ciraldo shuts down Burton move after Bulldogs star ruled out

Hard to understand that when Gus and CC went after Burton that they were under the impression he is either a half or 5/8. At Penrith he was one of the best centres in the comp. We all thought at the time we were gaining a top notch centre not a potential half who had shown no form whatsover in...
  14. CBDog

News Weighed down by the responsibility’: Matty calls for Bulldogs’ Burton shake-up

Even if we reach the advantage line would be good. When there is no variety around the ruck the first three tackles are wasted when park footballers can read who is receiving the ball and get stacks on the mill. Hence slow play the ball. The 6, 7, and 9 made it very easy for Parra. Put some...
  15. CBDog

News Weighed down by the responsibility’: Matty calls for Bulldogs’ Burton shake-up

If I remember correctly Salmon played allright at No 6 for Parra.
  16. CBDog

News Bulldogs star Karl Oloapu breaks silence on career defining spinal surgery, rehab, Anthony Minichiello’s advice

The physical healing side of things is hopefully just a matter of time. Rehab. and a personal light training program in the meantime. Its his confidence that is an unknown factor as far as time goes.
  17. CBDog

News Liam Knight

Rumours were before joining us was he was lacking in the ticker department. All his runs on Saturday he pulled up before the line. Not exactly what we are looking for at the moment in the forwards
  18. CBDog

Official ROUND 1 | Bulldogs vs Eels | Post Game Discussion Thread

Love to see that next game. It has the look of experience in the right positions. Skelton has a future in game, but he has to get his defence in order. Positional play was terrible. Up too flat and could not turn and chase. Parramatta ran all their plays at him and Perham and made Loizou look...
  19. CBDog

Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

At 5/8 your are supposed to be the lynch pin in attack making the defence second guess the plays, not being so predictable. In the centres his new job description will to run the ball, make breaks, draw the defence, put support through the gaps etc. Stick him there and find out hopefully that he...
  20. CBDog

Ever since he got towelled up in the SOO by being targeted he has shown little as far as attack and organising the backs. Not once did he run at the line and slip the ball. If he has the smarts he is not showing it. Always has that dumb lost look on his face.
  21. CBDog

Only reason to keep the Fox on if he received good ball and gries ensued. No way in hell that was going to happen with Burton. Him and Hutchinson were only shovellers. No spark, no variation, nothing.
  22. CBDog

Perham is the new Tolman

Sometimes giving 100% effort with 50% ability is not going to cut it. Mate I can go out there and spill blood for the side but I can assure you the scoreboard is not going to look good
  23. CBDog

Perham is the new Tolman

Yeah not once have I seen him have a red hot go at the defence. Makes it easy for them by bouncing up and down on the one spot. Pin your ears back and just imagine your JAC
  24. CBDog

Opinion TPJ - Absolute waste of cap space

Maybe this is all part of a plan on his part to get punted by the Dogs. I remember Wayne Bennett having a boner over him and has said he would love him at the Dolphins. Keep up this form and he will get his wish and turn into a beast
  25. CBDog

Opinion Jack Bird

No thanks. Unless his roid bill is not part of the salary cap.
  26. CBDog

Opinion Harrison Edwards appreciation thread

Another player who I think he reminds me of and would love to have him try and play similar is Bradley Clyde. I know, big call Fine tuning his play and physique would be awesome.
  27. CBDog

Opinion Harrison Edwards appreciation thread

Yeah have seen that countless times. Could have been who was the coach at the time. Get them to be smarter anf have awareness on the field. They lose confidence , become dispirited if just used as battering rams.
  28. CBDog

News The Mole: Father's ploy to lure disgruntled Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan to rival club

Mate Im with you. Let daddy take take him to the Dragons and push Ben Hunt out to us
  29. CBDog

News HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD ITS A MIRACLE !!!!

Getting off the flogging the flog Fanno. After watching NSW Cup against Newtown I thought Sam Hughes went allright. Had a go. Reminds me a bit of Max King. His bio says 111kgs which he used pretty good on the weekend. PS May as well flog Flano when you can because he will never be in 1st...
  30. CBDog

News HALLELUJAH PRAISE THE LORD ITS A MIRACLE !!!!

Consistent. Like Flanagan is consistently awful
  31. CBDog

Opinion Burton's move to 7 is actually a demotion of Mahoney, not Flanagan

Being realistic without the rose coloured glasses I do think we will get beaten. But whatever we get beaten by it would have been double if Flanagan was still in the half position and much less if he wasnt there at all. What it all boils down to is we are much better off without him.
  32. CBDog

Opinion Burton's move to 7 is actually a demotion of Mahoney, not Flanagan

You've got to feel sorry for Mahoney, goes into dummy half and sees Flanagan there. If he could pass to someone else he would. To me this is probably the penultimate nail in his coffin. Many times he skips wide and cannot see the opportunities on offer and he kills the tackle. He has no...
  33. CBDog

Official Round 8 - Bulldog v Shark - Team List + Match Discussion

Yeah starting Reynolds might be a good idea. Coming off the bench he is wound up too much and is trying too hard to make an impact. Start him, get into a rhythm and create some sort of combo with the side
  34. CBDog

News Rugby convert explodes as solution to Dogs’ injury crisis emerges: Reserves Wrap

Was thinking of Lomu at the time Yeah the Avatar is easy on the eyes
  35. CBDog

News Rugby convert explodes as solution to Dogs’ injury crisis emerges: Reserves Wrap

Must remember we had centre by the name of Brenko Lee who couldnt defend to save his life. Now with a decent coach in Bennett he has thrived under him. Also he is a union convert. Give him time and he could be like an Olam in the centres or a cannonball on the wing
  36. CBDog

Tony Williams charged with grade 1 for trip

Yes but that is the point... he has to have momentum. Trouble is he is too scared to run at the opposition at speed. Ans as 'I' have said before he is a cat and an embarressment to our jumper. He dosent contribute anything get the side rolling, in fact he contributes nothing. If he had been...
  37. CBDog

What were the differences between Des' Manly premiership sides and his Dogs sides

Must have been the HGH.....oops I mean the calf blood
  38. CBDog

Your round 1 team

Fark!! ............... I knew that coke I got off him was cut to the shit. He's a scammer
  39. CBDog

B Moz to undergo more surgery

Hold on. Maybe I'm getting the Morris's mixed up. Wasn't it he that after being a cripple after SOO 2, 2014 decided to play in a dead rubber in the 3rd just for the money and was completely farked after that and has not recovered since. Another who has come to us just for the dollars and nothing...
  40. CBDog

Bulldogs - Position by position ratings

Tell me is this your version of what you rate our positions or from a drugged farked journo. Either way it is so way off the mark. Jackson?............we must have another Jackson playing for us, cant be Josh. Mentioning Rona as being a defensive or an error liability is way off mark as well...
  41. CBDog

shaun lane drops down pecking order ?

The problem with Lane last year was his lateral movement that found him out. Des would have had him working on these drills over the break. If you want to compare his defensive capabilities against she rex it is a a no brainer. At least Lane would have put his body on the line in front of...
  42. CBDog

Tell me is this your version of what you rate our positions or from a drugged farked journo. Either way it is so way off the mark. Jackson?............we must have another Jackson playing for us, cant be Josh. Mentioning Rona as being a defensive or an error liability is way off mark as well...
  43. CBDog

44. CBDog

Players that will make a big rise this year

Agree especially the point about Lane. Des would have seen it as well. Over the off season I would have him doing drills that would improve his lateral movement. He was found wanting when the attack came to him, ball turned back inside catching him flat footed.
  45. CBDog

Lloyd Perret in emerging QLD SQUAD

Yes I agree, as is the case with Williams. Maybe, I hope it might be more of lack of agro than ticker. When the penny drops and he realises that without the agro he is useless as a prop both in attack and defence. I'm prepared to give him a go this season and see if there has been an...
  46. CBDog

Quick Hasler Bash

Yeah I'm with you. Having a quite moan to myself about our prospects only hoping to prove it all wrong. Des is doing the best with what he has available, and in certain positions we are found wanting. It is not a side on paper that fills us with supreme confidence before the '16 kickoff. I...
  47. CBDog

Lloyd Perret in emerging QLD SQUAD

I dunno.....ask some of the old moles I went out with
  48. CBDog

Too quiet at the Bulldogs

'2916'...........How did that happen Dont ask me I'm too old to work out computers. As far as the 2016 season goes Expect the worst and hope for the best. I think just about everyone on the Kennel are waiting with baited breath what Des has done over the off season that is different from the...
  49. CBDog

Moses Mbye’s four-year $2.5m deal

I've said before he is fast after a wind up. I have not seen his pace of the mark and acceleration around the rucks which is required for a half ala Turvey. As far as the ability goes, he hasn't shown it at all. All he has shown is potential to become a star. There have been many at all clubs...
  50. CBDog

rugby league week - recruitment

I reckon a dead horse has much more get up and go than that imposter. I wont be happy till he is causing some grief to fans at another club. PS. Not going to believe it but she is in her late fifties. She takes 'grabbing a granny' to the extremes
  51. CBDog

rugby league week - recruitment

A player that is on 650K a year would have to be in the 'marquee' category Get rid of this piece of shit, Williams and and it would make recruitment and retaining much easier. How much of not signing a gun half or losing another player can we stand when Williams is taking up plenty of coin...
  52. CBDog

DOGS SNARE KNIGHTS YOUNG GUN - Kerrod Holland

Yeah I had to look twice lol. I can see a pattern emerging Des's house is coming along nicely. Perrett the builder, Holland the sparky. The next signing will have to be a plumber
  53. CBDog

Perrett to GC Titans rumour

Yeah,..but if they were I bet they would catch him
  54. CBDog

Des Hasler...

Its not the age of the coach or how long he has been coachcing. He was not referring to the new breed of coach but the new coaching methods that are changed yearly. Some coaches keep up with the changes and coach accordingly. The coaching methods and styles of the premiership winning coaches...
  55. CBDog

Jacob Loko’s career in tatters after being arrested for ecstasy possession

Yeah and end up an immortal like some other dickhead caught with MDMA
  56. CBDog

Bulldogs part ways with Harry Harris

Whats with if 'we' threaten to drop them....................... Are you Des and the training staff. He wont drop unless they have a broken leg.
  57. CBDog

Mortimer: I would have kept Thurston

Steve Mortimer?....great player. Leave me alone will you. Its easy to say that now. Why didnt you say I could see that Anasta was not our answer and I would have kept JT Or that you and the rest crucified him over the Coffs harbour affair. Go back and try selling shuffle boards
  58. CBDog

The Bulldogs in 2016

If that CEO with the bad haircut reckons we have not signed or not going to, players of some significance for next year, plus Des's reluctance to change in both selection and coaching is bad enough. Couple that with we just snuck into the semis along with, if you agree that the other teams in...
  59. CBDog

Should we re-sign Mbye or go after a genuine half back?

I dont know about time Give him time, find he is not up to scratch and our whole side suffers. You can do that to another position where it does not have the overall influence in the team performance, not the halves. We have the dollars, scrap both and go all out for proven quality. If you...
  60. CBDog

Frank the tank Pritchard has signed with Hull for 2016

Minto Mall ????...Never heard of it. I know there is a Mino Mall:)
  61. CBDog

Yeah I do. Sharks have more structure with added flair and are enjoyable to watch. Opposite tom us. All teams rely on errors from opp. esp. when hammering them on their line. I dont get what you are inferring
  62. CBDog

Because, even though they havent got a so called master coach, they have coaches who will let them play to their natural ability and not rely on boring, non productive, no structure or up to date set plays. They let them play to the talents for what they were signed for in the first place. You...
  63. CBDog

So will brad abbey change things?

Tune in on Fox at 5pm to watch Abbey in the NYC against the Panthers this arvo Will be keeping a close eye on him. Hope he kills it
  64. CBDog

Moses Mbye puts extension talks on hold after Bulldogs first offer

Agree on the point he is not an organiser and dosent have the foresight needed. If the last fouor or five games is anything to go buy, his value as one of the halves is deminishing faster than the Ozzie dollar and I would be hinting to Des to give me a go in the centres, fullback or wing...
  65. CBDog

Des Hasler...

If we had structure and a good game plan on the 4th and 5th no matter where the position on the field we would not make these mistakes ala drop the ball, give away penalties in desperation etc. The uncertainty at those time causes panic which result in 'what the fark we do now' and add libbing...
  66. CBDog

Next year starting team for 2016

I have had the same opinion of Tolman for a while but he is one of Des's love childs apparently. With him along with another his love children in the forwrds She Rex it takes up two of the four or five plays that could have some impact and get us a good roll on. Watch the Cowboys last night...
  67. CBDog

Des Hasler...

The reason why we did not win the premiership was not because we cheated the cap, it was because we got caught, given up by some mole working in the office that had a beef with management. I forget who else got pinched around the same time but nothing as big as us getting all of those points...
  68. CBDog

Moses Mbye puts extension talks on hold after Bulldogs first offer

The asking price by him and his manager was around the lead up games, about three or four from the semis. In that time when the going was tough he went missing and showed no 'grab the game by the balls' style of play that was required by a leader style of half. When Cook came onto the scene he...
  69. CBDog

Next year starting team for 2016

Wouldn't call that a 'complete' overhaul. The ?s I would agree with but I would include Tolman in that. Shout me down if you like but in this type semi footy he does not offer anything in my opinion. Yeah throw stats at me but the fact is all he is doing is being involved probably twice in a...
  70. CBDog

Season review of players

Mybe would be on the phone blowing shit out of his manager for not taking the early offer from the Dogs. His value has plummented to the extent the Dogs can now dictate terms or he can **** off. Has no vision or foresight needed for a player demanding the big dollars. And as far as his...
  71. CBDog

Thank the Tank

Frank, even loved you when you were playing at Penrith. You were a world beater with the passion and determination you displayed no matter what jumper you had on. That was your overwhelming committment to the task that was required from a player of your calibre. Team mates and all fans alike...
  72. CBDog

Are the Bulldogs the NRL’s new chokers?

Chokers is a term I would use when it comes down to the wire...the big occassion and it is all too much....Greg Norman comes to mind. Dont get me wrong, he is, and always be a champion but could not handle it. Same as us we are a champion team, but pushing shit uphill from outside the four...
  73. CBDog

Thanks to an anonymous Bulldogs fan.

Would you have done that if we had been beaten by Parramatta in a grand final:)
  74. CBDog

Stats show Canterbury’s Brett Morris has least involvement of any NRL finals fullback

'Have a plan late in the tackle count.' I would love to see that Have been waiting a long time. Bretts no dummy He plays to what he sees in front of him evolving. No use coming in when he sees no opportunity.The forwards dominate most of the play with four tackles and one tackle that...
  75. CBDog

Thursday and friday raining all day.. here come the dogs of war

The wet weather will suit Des's boring predictable keep taking it up the middle with no flair. Matter of plugging it up the middle with a mighty kick on the end. Pin them in their twenty and hope for a spilt ball. Will probably suit Lafai, defence wise as he is not defending too good laterally...
  76. CBDog

What's the go Ray warren

Listening to that old prick, the fat eyebulging has been and the 'the first time I had an ecky in my pocket I got busted' druggie half back gushing all over the so called great man Inglis made me sick. They wouldn't be saying that if the league had the balls to drug test their indeginous pin up...
  77. CBDog

Flanagan -v- Hasler

I have just watched the first half of Souths and Cronulla Ennis is killing it at the moment. Is allowed to run and pick up runners, grubbers etc. Where was that at the Dogs. First Lichha and now Cook from the Dragons game are playing a boring, predicatble game at the ruck. All it is...
  78. CBDog

Are Doggies Pretenders If We Lose Tonight?

We not only have to beat the Knights but to give them a caning. This will send a message to the other pretenders that we are coming to get them from behind. (under the radar) I dont think the Knights will be up to it. They already have had their big day out by beating Melb. last week and...
  79. CBDog

Brenko Lee

Monday night the Raiders against the Panthers. Brenko Lee lining up in the centres. Will be very interested how he handles himself. Anyone have any info. as far as him still coming to the dogs.
  80. CBDog

Cook just as fast as me: Brett Morris

Interesting to hear that from B Moz. We all know that Moses is very quick but it seems that he dosent have the acceleration off the mark or from slow pace. Cook does. Would be great if he had the speed and acceleration of the Morris' old man Steve. He was the quickest in all respects...
  81. CBDog

Damian cook

Yeah a couple of weeks ago when he wasn't known and on shit coin he loved the place to death. Wave a couple of big offers under his nose and the love will waver. Maybe not as much if he was a born and bred junior but I have been informed that he comes from down south. Thats the trouble...
  82. CBDog

So Robbie Farah anyone?

Wonder how Benji has taken this news. Got from good sauces, a player and a players father at the Tiges that a couple of years ago Farah gave the ultimatum to the club that Benji goes or he goes. He wanted to run the place ever since Sheensy was there and was probably part to blame for his...
  83. CBDog

Damian cook

Thanks. He has all of the early attributes to fill in the halves. Would like him to stay and specialise in a position. He actually gets out of dummy half at speed and goes looking for runners. No coincidence that our backs last week got fed bigtime and we looked dangerous at every sortie...
  84. CBDog

could this be first year team wins from outside thr top 4??

I'm thinking that if we re-produce the quality in the semis like we did against Souths we will have a good chance of setting a record of winning the comp outside the 4. That form cannot be matched by any of the sides in front of us at the moment. The only problem is repeating it week in...
  85. CBDog

Is anyone else sad that franky is leaving?

What!!!, T Rex maybe firing under the 'new" Hodko. All of a sudden Trent has become a heart transplant surgeon
  86. CBDog

Damian cook

Back on Cook, can anyone tell us what positions he has played in the last couple of years. I know it is one game that he has stood out, but I like the way he gets around the paddock. After Hodko is gone wouldn't mind seeing him in the halves. Looks to have good perception and foresight
  87. CBDog

Damian cook

Couldnt coach a pig to be dirty lol
  88. CBDog

Dogs Vs Souths 3-2-1

Kas Frank Cook
  89. CBDog

Round 24 - Dogs vs Souths - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Teams and Discussion Thread

Yeah all his steroids didn't protect him. Plus where has this been all year. I dont know if it was because of Cook but our backs for once have seen more ball tonight than you would at Mardi Gras. The six, seven and nine worked well together and gelled the rest of the side. This would have...
  90. CBDog

Round 21 Dogs vs Roosters Match Thread

Went last night. Not long out of bed with a hangover. Very angry last night. Now most of that is replaced by sadness because of our seasons end. My anger now is not because of what happened last night and before, but why this situation as a whole has been allowed to happen. Des's lack of...
  91. CBDog

Another club with salary cap issues - NOT Parra - Breaking News on 2GB

Another club with salary club issues. The issue with any club, including ours and the rest is whether they have concealed the rorting enough so it dosen't come under the NRLs scrutiny. The cap was bought in so the poorer clubs were on equally footing financially with the rich clubs to vie...
  92. CBDog

Loko

Same could be said of Lane last year and earlier this year. "non performer, not up to first grade standard, need to beef up etc' But then run out with the top side and play with purpose is another thing. For those who could remember when Loko was at Parra. he was a young gun. Clean up a few...
  93. CBDog

Lock in Hasler to a long term deal

Also when you sit down in front of the tele or at the game those sides coached by the aforemention will make it interesting because they will bring something different to the table (Wild Turkey anyone!) and not be predictable. They change their game plan according to what is in front of them...
  94. CBDog

Out of those four I would take Bellamy 100% The other three have attracted established well known players or have had them in their playing roster for some time. Bellamy on the other hand dosen't go out and throw the chequebook at players and their parasite managers. He seems to out of nowhere...
  95. CBDog

Reynolds Charged cops 2 week suspension (1 week if pleads early guilty)

First off I'm not racist. I just have views that are line with most people. I would like a person of any race, colour, creed or religion to make it not just in our beloved sport but any, on their own merits. But when I tuned in earlier this year for the indigenous and the others game I was...
  96. CBDog

Because the board have to justify their 'big' signing just as Des had to do with Williams.