News Rugby convert explodes as solution to Dogs’ injury crisis emerges: Reserves Wrap

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Averillo played 60+ minutes with an injury that pretty much stopped him from running. Thats not courageous enough for you?

Perham scored 1 try in 7 games and looked like a turnstile on the weekend.

Averillo when moved to FB last year scored 6 in 1st 4 games.
Yeah I don’t get the hate for avo. He’s a solid player at this stage of his career.

Perham is crap. Reason he has never played consistently in FG. He’s not actually good at anything.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another plus is that he can cover wing, centre and backrow when our next injury happens.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t get the theory of don’t blood players against the “hard” teams. To me this is loser mentality, we should approach every game as if it’s winnable and if certain players from lower grades can help that then play them.
judging off our last 6 years isn’t every game a “hard” match?
just give the guys a go for gods sake

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Skelton doesn’t get a run now they might aswell release him - which I’m sure they will anyway. Gus changes the lower half of the roster more than he changes his underwear
Eddie probably ringing him at 4.01pm today if he is not picked in F/G.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this week it was Skelton and Wilson on the wings, Skelton had a good game and Wilson bagged a double.

Centre pairing was Hoffman.

It’s not hate on Averillo at all. Apart from some defensive issues. He has been much better at centre this year. That being said neither avo or Perham are getting picked in any other teams 17.

Wanting Avo to play fullback shows people with poor memories.

His first two games at fullback last year. It was like yeah this could work.

His game then declined game on game. He was scared of contact defensively and couldn’t catch a ball. He is a confidence player and at fullback his confidence is shot.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you were the opposition who would you not want to defend against - Flanagan, Reynolds Perham or Skelton, Wilson Oloapu - three that you are aware of offer no threat the other three you would at least be guessing.

Round 14 - on assumption Averillo Kiraz JAC are fit

Averillo Wilson Alamoti Kiraz Jac Burton Oloapu/or Rajab /or Hayward - bench to include Skelton and bench not to include Okunbor and Reynolds

I havent seen enough of the Reggies games to know if Wilson n Skelton are defending well enough - but they can attack!
This! Exactly this!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s not hate on Averillo at all. Apart from some defensive issues. He has been much better at centre this year. That being said neither avo or Perham are getting picked in any other teams 17.

Wanting Avo to play fullback shows people with poor memories.

His first two games at fullback last year. It was like yeah this could work.

His game then declined game on game. He was scared of contact defensively and couldn’t catch a ball. He is a confidence player and at fullback his confidence is shot.
I don't want him to be FB but he would be less worse than Perham.

I'd rather Papa/Rajab, don't care if they are young.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for slowly bringing the young guys through to the top grade, it's now all hands on deck.
Now if just Flano would slip on a banana peal...

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like two big units on the wings in Skelton and Okunbur whilst JAC is recovering, gives our under strength forwards a boost with those guys ripping in.

Skelton deserves his shot.
Surely you dont think that Okunbor is a winger!?!

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Skeltons defence record so far...

Rd 1 - 16/1
Rd 2 - 6/1
Rd 3 - 2/0
Rd 4 - N/A
Rd 5 - 2/1
Rd 6 - 1/0
Rd 7 - 6/0

92% tackle efficiency
Must remember we had centre by the name of Brenko Lee who couldnt defend to save his life.
Now with a decent coach in Bennett he has thrived under him.
Also he is a union convert. Give him time and he could be like an Olam in the centres or a cannonball on the wing

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Must remember we had centre by the name of Brenko Lee who couldnt defend to save his life.
Now with a decent coach in Bennett he has thrived under him.
Also he is a union convert. Give him time and he could be like an Olam in the centres or a cannonball on the wing
Firstly, love your avatar lol

Secondly, I hope he is the reincarnation of my favourite athlete ever, Jonah Lomu.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't want him to be FB but he would be less worse than Perham.

I'd rather Papa/Rajab, don't care if they are young.
Yeah I agree, papa and ko/Rajab need to come into the spine and be told to just play eyes up footy. Reed is our general and the others can play what they see.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good question, considering Flanagan and the team went a lot better in the back end of last year when his coach and hooker did trust him. Although Ciraldo did trust Flano to take over from reed at hooker when he realised Reed was butchering every opportunity with the ball and he had to get someone else in there.

I have an answer for you - Reed doesn't trust anyone. He has always been a player who tries to do too much himself, because just like the average poster on TK, he thinks he is a lot better than he is.

I think the real question is when will you guys stop making excuses for him and hold him accountable for his own actions and mistakes?

This place is turning into the Reed Mahoney propaganda department.
Mahony has had a couple of poor games. Flanagan has had a couple of poor seasons.