Opinion Burton's move to 7 is actually a demotion of Mahoney, not Flanagan

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I predict we will lose 50-12 this week and Flano will produce our only two try assists.
Being realistic without the rose coloured glasses I do think we will get beaten.
But whatever we get beaten by it would have been double if Flanagan was still in the half position and much
less if he wasnt there at all.
What it all boils down to is we are much better off without him.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
0 try assist 0 line break assists 100% taking a spot in starting 13 . Reed has more stats in 1 game compared to kyles full 2023 season

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Why would he be moved to 9? Halfback is traditionally just as important a position, if not more. The key here is Ciraldo's words about leadership and who should be running the team.
In actuality, Burton's move to 7 is a demotion of Mahoney, and I have irrefutable proof:
“We’re wanting to get the ball in Burto’s hands more and get him to take more ownership in the team.
Because if he's #9 he gets the ball in his hands every play.

Irrefutable ploof more like it.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I call BULLSHIT!!!

The real reason (and I don't need a source) is purely because as a halfback Flanagan who is meant to call the shots in attack and command the ball does not have the comunication skills or any type of attacking skills as a ball playing general role in our team.

When we need our number seven to give Mahoney the calls to receive the ball Flanagan goes missing.

I can guarantee you this, Mahoney knows what to expect from his halfback which he is getting nothing from Flanagan. This is causing Mahoney's game to slip because he has no options.

The call to move Flanagan to 6 (if he is even playing) I have no doubt has come from Mahoney to Ciraldo.
I suppose whenever Mahoney gets a parking ticket it's Flanagan's fault too lol

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because if he's #9 he gets the ball in his hands every play.

Irrefutable ploof more like it.
Hang on a minute, I thought Flano was "demoted" to hooker last week. So if you're saying he was sent to a more important position, you're basically admitting Flano was sent in to clean up Reed's mess... interesting!

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 68840

I say, I say, excuse me lady’s and gentlemen of the jury, but this here story is as hollow as my learned colleagues head is, this isn’t one of them there usual rants about Mr Kyle Flanagan … no sireeee it isn’t …. My colleague knows he’s outta here faster than that 24 hour ban he himself has recently had…

I believe lady’s and gentlemen that my colleague here is movin onta greener pastures, and

evidence number 1 … is that there fancy new avatar of his …

evidence number 2 … I found out, he’s requested a new name, no prizes for guesses who that’ll be centred around.
(Shhhhh. But I’ve got $10 on “Mahphoney” in the pool)

EVIDENCE, I say EVIDENCE … number 3 … you’ll find in hundreds of his Mahoney bashing comments throughout this here fine and distinguished forum.

Yes sir … let me tell you something for nothing …. this here is one big cockamamie story to discredit our #9 Mr Reed Mahoney just because under pressure to lead he’s had a couple of off games.

What he calls irrefutable proof is looser than little jimmy’s momma at a barn dance on the 4th of Jeelyy …

Let me put this to you lady’s and gentleman … now hold onta your hats here cause this proof proves that his IRREFUTABLE PROOF is refutable !!!

Ya ready now !!

Mr Mahoney & Mr Burton are both captains of that team he’s hog wallowing on about.

So it stands to reason your honour that both statements made by mr Ciraldo are quite actually both correct ..

Theres been no demotion of our #9 Mr Mahoney … because it’s both his & Burtons team ta lead ..

There’s only been one demotion here, and outta respect for what’s been done to a grizzly death, I’ll leave it to the jury to decide who that is …

I rest my case lady’s & gentlemen …. because there’s just no more anyone can say to refute that … I call for a mistrial on the grounds that the accuser is a bit fruity loopy ..
Lol I actually appreciate the effort you've put into this. But I must point out to the jury that Ciraldo said it's matt's team, not partly Matt's team. Reed has been demoted.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will only be for a personal holiday. He’s not getting another pro contract in rugby league
He will. Probably won't even have to go to England. My guess is Canberra.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be very Careful, last time I joked around with Flippergun like this he accused me of trying to murder him and called for help from other Kennelers and was going to call the police and have me arrested for attempted murder, He loves to dish it out but he can't take it. Anyway GA 45 I think you post is great, very funny, I really love it definitely worth getting arrested for
View attachment 68842
Just don't say I should be murdered or commit suicide and you should be fine, fam.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sure.
flanagan has been moved to where he will get less ball? Definitely a demotion for a player who doesn’t play in either position.
If it's a demotion why was he moved to where he would get more ball last week? I think you just admitted Reed was demoted against Parra.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okunbor moving from the wing back to the bench is a reflection on the hooker true story,
Wallah I promise, not making it up, ok believe me cause I’m right .
I appreciate your support, but actually think that's a bit of a stretch.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Being realistic without the rose coloured glasses I do think we will get beaten.
But whatever we get beaten by it would have been double if Flanagan was still in the half position and much
less if he wasnt there at all.
What it all boils down to is we are much better off without him.
Lol he has been moved to five eighth, fam... not to China

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
0 try assist 0 line break assists 100% taking a spot in starting 13 . Reed has more stats in 1 game compared to kyles full 2023 season
I agree... 3 penalties conceded and 2 errors and 1 seven tackle set conceded in a single game.... Kyle just can't compete with that.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The whole obsession with Flanagan/gun is sad and weird. Obviously a troll fishing for bites with the posts but it’s run its course, like to the point it’s cringe. Spending so much effort and time into something like this is just strange. He’s not good, neither was Matt dufty, averillo as a half etc etc. Stop please. Why can’t the admins do something about this? It’s at the point where I’m looking and using this forum less because it’s clogged with garbage like this OP that offers nothing. It’s not coming from a place of promoting good discussion, ideas or opinions. It’s just someone who is bored that enjoys getting a reaction and notifications from posting things they know will get a rise out of the general members.
Jog on mate

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hang on a minute, I thought Flano was "demoted" to hooker last week. So if you're saying he was sent to a more important position, you're basically admitting Flano was sent in to clean up Reed's mess... interesting!
I'm not saying a thing. Your argument was factually incorrect because if Burton is getting his hand on the ball more - he's going to 9. But he isn't.

You're making the case. All I need to do is show your case doesn't stand up. Which I have [again I might add]. I call on @ASSASSIN to make a ruling and @ASSASSIN - I'm pushing for costs on this (with the usual envelope of course).