Paul Vaughan

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are we seriously doing this again? If Paul had wanted to stay in Sydney (let alone with us), he would have done so. He signed with us for one year so that he could get a contract in ESL and get organised to get over there. He has since extended to stay longer than the original two years he signed for. He is loving it over there, enjoying the experience, and glad to be out of the media spotlight that exists here.

This is not Super Coach, you can't just sign any name you want, budget permitting. People have to want to be here, you can't chain them down and force them to stay.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Go listen to his bloke in a bar podcast, or his out of our league podcast and there’s your answer.
It's easy for players to say that when a club doesn't want them.

If he truly didn't want to stay then fair enough but that year I heard Gus talking about him a few times & it didn't sound like he wanted him for 2023.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

If he truly didn't want to stay then fair enough but that year I heard Gus talking about him a few times & it didn't sound like he wanted him for 2023.
To me I think it was he was very very close with tbaz. When he got the arse he was happy to bail I think.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score

It's easy for Gus to say THAT when the player doesn't want to stay.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hilarious how it’s been explained a hundred times, the player himself has explained it on various pod casts .. but here it is popping up again .. it’s like that floater turd that won’t flush ..

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How on earth do you know that he didn't want to stay? I don't believe that for a second.
He made a promise to his wife to live in Europe for couple years while their kids are young and he could play footy he said it in a interview few years ago.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He made a promise to his wife to live in Europe for couple years while their kids are young and he could play footy he said it in a interview few years ago.
dont listen to Fraudy he is knows nothing but is never wrong

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
How on earth do you know that he didn't want to stay? I don't believe that for a second.
If he wanted to stay in Oz then surely he wouldn't have signed a contract extension with Wire to stay even longer? H would have jumped at the opportunity to go back wouldn't he?