Paul Vaughan

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I still can't get around why he was allowed to go to England. He's been our best prop this year. Consistently bends the line and has amazing leg drive.
We are going to miss Paul massively next year. By far our best forward this year, chewing through metres, I think he is top 30 in the nrl for running metres, we don't have another player in the top 50 outside of the Fox, but those aren't the sort of metres Paul is getting through as a forward in the middle

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going to miss Paul massively next year. By far our best forward this year, chewing through metres, I think he is top 30 in the nrl for running metres, we don't have another player in the top 50 outside of the Fox, but those aren't the sort of metres Paul is getting through as a forward in the middle
I thought he really showed experience today, squared us up and played nice and direct when we were starting to go a bit sideways or struggle to make meters. He’s been a great signing. We will miss him next year

Malla

Reaction score
He was on 800k a year at dragons, so I understand why he’s going to England to make back as much as he can before he retires
Can’t argue with that
Good luck to him, Best front rower we have had since Jama

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much his ESL contract is without speculating?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll miss the big guy because as expected he has been terrific for us this year and would have been again next year too..but its time to move we on, will enjoy his time for the next 5 games and wish him all the best.
Assume Gus weighed up all factors when not offering a deal he couldn't refuse, his will be bloody decent shoes to fill next year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Must be something else going on with his move OS. He obviously wasnt let go due to form, hes been great, and its not because he cost too much, hes great value for money. Its not because hes unhappy here, see him at the last team song? Must be more to it.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Must be something else going on with his move OS. He obviously wasnt let go due to form, hes been great, and its not because he cost too much, hes great value for money. Its not because hes unhappy here, see him at the last team song? Must be more to it.
Wasn’t he on $800k at the dragons and came to us for less than 1/2 of that?
Think the money is the reason he is going.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it's simple cap management Gus must see the young pups coming through can take his spot next year in the Squad. We need to be ready to lock up Burton and extend a couple more next year. So Cap space bites again with our own spending spree for next yr aswell. Good for Vaughan as Super League and the coin will extend his career so win win for both.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan will develop home sickness after 1 game in the UK

JadeW

Waterboy
Reaction score
As it stands, the Super League has a base salary cap of £2.1 million for its top 25 players an average salary of £84,000 per year

Definitely not the money

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As it stands, the Super League has a base salary cap of £2.1 million for its top 25 players an average salary of £84,000 per year

Definitely not the money
Is that the ase salary cap as in minimum? what the roof of the salary cap?

Also 1 BP is worth around 1.75 aus dollars.