Social Media Tigers close to signing Tamou and Addo Carr

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I find it funny that half the Kennel insisted player swaps aren't possible and never happen when CHN wanted to go to Canberra.

Yet Melbourne seem to be pretty insistent on a player swap proving that it is possible and there have been similar situations in the past..

Melbourne have shown how these situations need to be handled. I wish our club did the same with CHN and demanded someone from Canberra.

Last edited:

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your comparing a team that knows how to do business to a team that has NFI right now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly right. Let’s all dismiss this though and pretend they haven’t had years to prepare and it’s just unlucky there’s no quality available, or the excuse we won’t pay more but sign flops like Napa and duds we don’t need. Unlucky too I guess. Perhaps we expect to over achieve to much.

Wake up and stop the excuses.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I find it funny that half the Kennel insisted player swaps aren't possible and never happen when CHN wanted to go to Canberra.

Yet Melbourne seem to be pretty insistent on a player swap proving that is possible and there have been similar situations in the past..

Melbourne have shown how such situations need to be handled. I wish our club did the same with CHN and demanded someone from Canberra.
Our club is dumb. We should have asked for a player swap with Klemmer also (someone like Kaylan Ponga)... but instead we rushed and signed another dud...

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For 600k he'd be a good buy. Problem one is the Tigers are offering the same amount so we can't sign him unless we up the offer to around 700k. That's something we won't do.
I'm not sure how it works but Melbourne want a player, we paid overs on DWZ, cant we just swap them???

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our club is dumb. We should have asked for a player swap with Klemmer also (someone like Kaylan Ponga)... but instead we rushed and signed another dud...
You were doing so well until said Kayln Ponga :( . You don't get a clubs best players in a swap. It's a player the club would rather keep, but can afford to let go if it's the only way to get the deal over the line.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it works but Melbourne want a player, we paid overs on DWZ, cant we just swap them???
It depends on the Storm (if they want DWZ) and JAC (if he wants to come to the Bulldogs). We'd also have to chip in for DWZ while paying the full freight of JAC's contract. So we'd have to pay ~700k for JAC (competition from Tigers, possibly Rabbitohs) while also paying ~200k towards DWZ's contract. That's ~900k on the cap. Not worth.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You were doing so well until said Kayln Ponga :( . You don't get a clubs best players in a swap. It's a player the club would rather keep, but can afford to let go if it's the only way to get the deal over the line.
True that... i just couldn't think of anyone at Newcastle when i typed the message

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL, did you just refer to me as a troll? Dumb I can live with but troll is hilarious. Yes I am a troll.. I troll you, Nasheed and David Holland....guilty as charged

Of course you failed to see the joke because it was about you and your obsession of "overachieving." As you know, because you've had the discussion many times with other members, most people don't see finishing12th-15th as "overachieving", even if we were predicted to finish last. Yes it meets the theoretical definition of overachieving, but most fans don't see that as some sort of massive accomplishment to be proud of. It is still seen as a massive failure - regardless of how weak the roster is

Anyway, the point I was making was that I don't think the Tigers are that good of a side and that Madge is a not drawcard in terms of a coach - if they were they wouldn't be struggling to attract players like we are
Just too bad u cant ban everyone now if they put u on show or have a different opinion
. Haha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wish Addo-Carr didn't have the fullback dream .... Would love a wing combo of him and Okunbur ATM. Offload DWZ and we good

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should offer DWZ to the storm in exchange for ADC.....I know he would command around the 600k mark but he is not the best attacking wingers for no reason....and no one ever talks about his defence....I hope it happens....I really do

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benji at 115k for two years is a massive upgrade on Lewis, avo at six and Benji at seven would be a great learning curve for avo
I've actually thought benji might be useful on two fronts at a bargain price. Pairing him with a young half to let then find their feet with less pressure. Also might be useful for JMK to have his brother calling for the ball out of dummy half. JMK is really getting consistent also with darting runs yet no-one reads them quick enough to follow him. An experienced benji might benefit him on that part of his game.
Just a thought if we fail signing an established hooker or young gun half for next year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've actually thought benji might be useful on two fronts at a bargain price. Pairing him with a young half to let then find their feet with less pressure. Also might be useful for JMK to have his brother calling for the ball out of dummy half. JMK is really getting consistent also with darting runs yet no-one reads them quick enough to follow him. An experienced benji might benefit him on that part of his game.
Just a thought if we fail signing an established hooker or young gun half for next year.
Yeah great point I never gave any thought to his relationship with JMK, his experience closing out games would be priceless for our young players

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t understand why we are not throwing the kitchen sink at Ado Carr. Even if it is for FB he is definitely better than snail pace Hoppa or soft cock Meaney.
I agree....and this a bulls hit that we can’t afford JAC
For 600k he'd be a good buy. Problem one is the Tigers are offering the same amount so we can't sign him unless we up the offer to around 700k. That's something we won't do.
We can offer him 600K if we can somehow convince them to take DWZ in exchange

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still find the decisions such as to extend Jackson and Hoppa before we committed to a long term coach extraordinary and very negligent. Then a player like Ado Carr is on the market and we don’t go for him. He’s still only 25 with his best footy still ahead of him. 2021 is another write off year
Wow...there is one person on the kennel he sees the sense in signing JAC....even with signing him at 600K surely we will still have enough money at end of 2021 to sign burton and a decent hooker and centre....don’t forget there are lot of players coming off contract next year including Hoppa and Napa and others on decent coin......we can even trial him at fullback next year and see how he goes....I’m over the shit that we can’t afford him because we need other players to be filled in priority positions.......it really pisses me off that the tigers can see the. Value in him and we cant and we re in a better salary cap position

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow...there is one person on the kennel he sees the sense in signing JAC....even with signing him at 600K surely we will still have enough money at end of 2021 to sign burton and a decent hooker and centre....don’t forget there are lot of players coming off contract next year including Hoppa and Napa and others on decent coin......we can even trial him at fullback next year and see how he goes....I’m over the shit that we can’t afford him because we need other players to be filled in priority positions.......it really pisses me off that the tigers can see the. Value in him and we cant and we re in a better salary cap position
Don't think it's about "we can't afford him" more that we have other places we need to spend the money first