Social Media Tigers close to signing Tamou and Addo Carr

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If 4 years, 600k and a crack at fullback is true, its a beal we should be offering. If he works out then its a bargain. If not we put him back to wing and its still a good deal.
I agree, but we'd have to offer more than 600k (more than the Tigers offer). Tigers are a more attractive place to play at the moment. We also need to leave close to ~1m for a top hooker because if we don't get one... well next year is a write off too.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers are a more attractive place to play at the moment.
Really, their crappy roster is barely better than ours (especially when you take out Grant who wont be there next year)
Yes Madge is a premiership winning coach but that's only because we were busted in the 2014 GF
Maybe I cant see it because I have my Bulldogs blinders on but I think the Tigers are just as crap as we are although I think we have more upside than they do

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Really, there crappy roster is barely better than ours (especially when you take out Grant who wont be there next year)
Yes Madge is a premiership winning coach but that's only because we were busted in the 2014 GF
Maybe I cant see it because I have my Bulldogs blinders on but I think the Tigers are just as crap as we are although I think we have more upside than they do
You have your Bulldogs blinders on. Tigers have a team that can finish 8th-10th and they've shown to compete $ wise. We're favourites for the wooden spoon in 2021 as is. It's really hard to give one reason why you'd join the Bulldogs over the Tigers. If you remove location which is barely a factor when comparing Sydney clubs we're probably the least attractive team/club in the NRL atm (before the start of this year we were competitive in that area with the Titans and Warriors but they've definitely surpassed us this year).

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have your Bulldogs blinders on. Tigers have a team that can finish 8th-10th and they've shown to compete $ wise. We're favourites for the wooden spoon in 2021 as is. It's really hard to give one reason why you'd join the Bulldogs over the Tigers. If you remove location which is barely a factor when comparing Sydney clubs we're probably the least attractive team/club in the NRL atm (before the start of this year we were competitive in that area with the Titans and Warriors but they've definitely surpassed us this year).
I think the one advantage we have is Baz because apparently he is popular with the players. By all accounts, McGuire isn't the most popular coach due to his lack of communication with the players and his hard nosed coaching style isn't popular with the Gen-Y players

Really the only 3 players we need are Burton, Smith and Staines. The rest will come from our own juniors. With Burton and Staines, we have the advantage because of Baz. Smith is a 50-50 since McGuire is the NZ Test coach (alternatively he may go to the Warriors)

If we land those 3 players, we wont be finishing last next year. That's right, we'll "overachieve" :laughing:

If we cant get Burton and Lewis is anywhere near the 17, then the spoon is sadly ours again

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree, but we'd have to offer more than 600k (more than the Tigers offer). Tigers are a more attractive place to play at the moment. We also need to leave close to ~1m for a top hooker because if we don't get one... well next year is a write off too.
But they originally got rid of him, would he really want to go back to a place that did that

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the one advantage we have is Baz because apparently he is popular with the players. By all accounts, McGuire isn't the most popular coach due to his lack of communication with the players and his hard nosed coaching style isn't popular with the Gen-Y players

Really the only 3 players we need are Burton, Smith and Staines. The rest will come from our own juniors. With Burton and Staines, we have the advantage because of Baz. Smith is a 50-50 since McGuire is the NZ Test coach (alternatively he may go to the Warriors)

If we land those 3 players, we wont be finishing last next year. That's right, we'll "overachieve" :laughing:

If we cant get Burton and Lewis is anywhere near the 17, then the spoon is sadly ours again
McGuire is hands down a better coach than Barrett at this stage. Barrett's track record isn't that hot. McGuire isn't popular with lazy players. The coach isn't as important as the team (competitive) or money.

All three of those players you've mentioned are on contract so it isn't in our hands. The only one we NEED is Brandon Smith or another hooker of the same calibre. Anyone else we can get will be upgrades/good additions. I'd love Burton but I'm not sold on Staines personally (I'd prefer we sign a prop, e.g. Ofahengaue). If/when we sign a top hooker I don't think we'll get the wooden spoon in 2021.

We 100% "overachieved" in 2019, if you can't see it than you're either dumb or a troll (I fail to see the joke). I don't have to give you serious answers, but I still do.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe many players would want to sign to play under Madge the psycho but money talks.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There is a lot of factors that could entice a player to a club particularly money. But a good coach is a massive factor. If you have a good boss at work then it makes the world of difference. Baz had a falling out at Manly but it certainly wasn’t with the playing group- most still speak very highly of him and I think he will be part of the attraction for recruiting players. It will also be good to have an attacking coach and learn to finish off our last play options. At the moment we haven’t got some of the fundamentals right.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
McGuire is hands down a better coach than Barrett at this stage. Barrett's track record isn't that hot. McGuire isn't popular with lazy players. The coach isn't as important as the team (competitive) or money.

All three of those players you've mentioned are on contract so it isn't in our hands. The only one we NEED is Brandon Smith or another hooker of the same calibre. Anyone else we can get will be upgrades/good additions. I'd love Burton but I'm not sold on Staines personally (I'd prefer we sign a prop, e.g. Ofahengaue). If/when we sign a top hooker I don't think we'll get the wooden spoon in 2021.

We 100% "overachieved" in 2019, if you can't see it than you're either dumb or a troll (I fail to see the joke). I don't have to give you serious answers, but I still do.
LOL, did you just refer to me as a troll? Dumb I can live with but troll is hilarious. Yes I am a troll.. I troll you, Nasheed and David Holland....guilty as charged

Of course you failed to see the joke because it was about you and your obsession of "overachieving." As you know, because you've had the discussion many times with other members, most people don't see finishing12th-15th as "overachieving", even if we were predicted to finish last. Yes it meets the theoretical definition of overachieving, but most fans don't see that as some sort of massive accomplishment to be proud of. It is still seen as a massive failure - regardless of how weak the roster is

Anyway, the point I was making was that I don't think the Tigers are that good of a side and that Madge is a not drawcard in terms of a coach - if they were they wouldn't be struggling to attract players like we are

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tigers are meant to be having salary cap pressures but can afford to buy JAC.....yet our club with a supposed war chest couldn’t offer him a contract to match the tigers...our team is crying for a proven try scorer....someone with speed who could even play fullback.....all because our fukin money is tied up wth players like DWZ and Hopoate and Napa and Jackson on overpaid contracts....fuk I’m over our recruitment...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The tigers are meant to be having salary cap pressures but can afford to buy JAC.....yet our club with a supposed war chest couldn’t offer him a contract to match the tigers...our team is crying for a proven try scorer....someone with speed who could even play fullback.....all because our fukin money is tied up wth players like DWZ and Hopoate and Napa and Jackson on overpaid contracts....fuk I’m over our recruitment...
The problem is a lot of clubs still have enough money for next year to compete with at least one player we want to sign. Almost the only incentive to join us over the other 15 clubs is money. We were in a better situation recruitment wise before this year began. Finishing 12th is a lot better than wooden spooners.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read today the tigers are putting a clause in jac contract if he plays over 15 games at fb he gets more $$ ive read a few of “the kennel” salary cap experts saying it cant be done without being fully included in cap well clearly it can be done

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I read today the tigers are putting a clause in jac contract if he plays over 15 games at fb he gets more $$ ive read a few of “the kennel” salary cap experts saying it cant be done without being fully included in cap well clearly it can be done
That’s quite subjective though... at least with Fozza he’s either medically cleared or not... imagine Lewis has that clause.. he’s been picked so many times after not playing well and not beating up on him but just saying the coach potentially makes or breaks your contract there... unless he’s not even fussed about the fullback spot he’s just saying it cause it seems most off contract wingers these days have a desire to play fullback.