News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be honest, as much as I like winning comps it would be shit to be labelled cheats and feeling as though your trophies are a bit tainted in the back of your mind
Labelled cheats by delusional and jealous people who are far out of touch.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can Foran just retire already, quite evident we're not gonna keep him beyond this season.... doubt any club would pick him up.
Weather or not we offer Foran a contract extension for circa $550k a season, depends on how our halves go for the first half of 2020. Foran is anticipated to make a return by round 14...
He is very well respected among the boys and if we are struggling to straighten up the attack then theres every chance he will be offered an extension going forward.
If we are still in the hunt for a finals spot by round 14, a fit Foran is the type of guy that can help make that happen. Personally I hope Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham are killing it and we are happy moving forward with them and let Foran go to Manly who would unquestionably be interested to have him back on reduced coin.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Labelled cheats by delusional and jealous people who are far out of touch.
You’ve said yourself you have only followed the game for 5 years.
You have no idea what’s gone on for years and should watch your mouth child. You want to talk delusional? I’ve forgotten more than you know about the game and I’m out of touch?

Look at the salary cap, look at the NRL refusing to register contracts below market value, look at the roosters very small TPAs, look at their squad, ex players openly talking about paper bags and get your head out of the sand or even better go support the roosters so we don’t have to put up with your monotonous crap

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The roosters won two comps by paying good players what they deserve in key positions. On four players alone, Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary and Cronk, nearly a quarter of their salary cap right here but every player named here was and still will win you comps.

If we don't do likewise with the RIGHT players we will continue to fall behind. So Wighton and Keary would be worth spending top dollar to get them.
The Salary Cap is $9.6m, a quarter of that is $2.4m, do you really think Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary and Cronk were on average $2.4m / 4 = $600k each? And you said “nearly a quarter” so your saying less than $600k each?

I honestly don’t believe we could do “likewise”, because it would require copying something that wasn’t true.

Go Dogs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we have a million dollars available when Foran's contract expires, and we desperately need a gun half, why spend that money on a winger?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we have a million dollars available when Foran's contract expires, and we desperately need a gun half, why spend that money on a winger?
We have wingers.

Be great to have a marque back (who can stay on the field) but it's hard to justify spending heaps when we need to strengthen other positions.

Not worried if we don't get him.

And won't put him on the 20 List :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
To be honest, as much as I like winning comps it would be shit to be labelled cheats and feeling as though your trophies are a bit tainted in the back of your mind
To be honest, it wouldn't worry me in the slightest.

I'd only be delirilously happy and think... sucked in NRL, Murdick, and all other cheaters for the past how many years ;)...we got the lollies too woooohoo.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is 4-5 young halves at the club. Surely 2 of them will be sufficient and if that's the case we save a shitload of cap space considering they won't be million dollars babies..

I'm hoping all of them kill it and we end up with something like this.

1. Averillo
6. Wakeham
7. Lewis
9. Coggar + 10kg

14. Jmk

17. Bailey Ondo.

It will take a couple of years to take shape but if it works out we are laughing because nobody there will command more than 700k a season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is 4-5 young halves at the club. Surely 2 of them will be sufficient and if that's the case we save a shitload of cap space considering they won't be million dollars babies..

I'm hoping all of them kill it and we end up with something like this.

1. Averillo
6. Wakeham
7. Lewis
9. Coggar + 10kg

14. Jmk

17. Bailey Ondo.

It will take a couple of years to take shape but if it works out we are laughing because nobody there will command more than 700k a season.
Soooooo much has to fall into place for that happen.

Wakeham at 7 and Averillo at 6 is our best hope of producing a halves combo in house.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be honest, it wouldn't worry me in the slightest.

I'd only be delirilously happy and think... sucked in NRL, Murdick, and all other cheaters for the past how many years ;)...we got the lollies too woooohoo.
Everyone has different values I guess

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’ve said yourself you have only followed the game for 5 years.
You have no idea what’s gone on for years and should watch your mouth child. You want to talk delusional? I’ve forgotten more than you know about the game and I’m out of touch?

Look at the salary cap, look at the NRL refusing to register contracts below market value, look at the roosters very small TPAs, look at their squad, ex players openly talking about paper bags and get your head out of the sand or even better go support the roosters so we don’t have to put up with your monotonous crap
Don't waste your energy on this flamingo!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soooooo much has to fall into place for that happen.

Wakeham at 7 and Averillo at 6 is our best hope of producing a halves combo in house.
So much! Lol

You know averillo more than me.. U reckon he could become an FB?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much! Lol

You know averillo more than me.. U reckon he could become an FB?
Averillo could play any position in the backs but he's probably best suited to the halves.

If we had a combo of Wakeham and Averillo I think there is enough creativity between them to keep DWZ at fulback.

That's making a big assumption that Wakeham and Averillo continue to develop like they are.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Salary Cap is $9.6m, a quarter of that is $2.4m, do you really think Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary and Cronk were on average $2.4m / 4 = $600k each? And you said “nearly a quarter” so your saying less than $600k each?

I honestly don’t believe we could do “likewise”, because it would require copying something that wasn’t true.

Go Dogs
Just because a player is on $1m does not mean it is all salary cap money, it is also made up of TPA's. Mitchell was lucky to be on $600k. For all we know $400k salary cap and $200k TPA's. Between these players there could be approx $1m in TPA's which is what I base my point on how Roosters do it better than other clubs and that could be because they attract more major sponsors through dealings with Nick, just like Russel. Therefore, attracting big name players to the Roosters isn't a problem because they can pay them (combined salary cap and TPA's) more than other clubs can.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just because a player is on $1m does not mean it is all salary cap money, it is also made up of TPA's. Mitchell was lucky to be on $600k. For all we know $400k salary cap and $200k TPA's. Between these players there could be approx $1m in TPA's which is what I base my point on how Roosters do it better than other clubs and that could be because they attract more major sponsors through dealings with Nick, just like Russel. Therefore, attracting big name players to the Roosters isn't a problem because they can pay them (combined salary cap and TPA's) more than other clubs can.
BUT... the Chook$ actually had one of the LOWEST TPA's in the NRL (declared at least).
So I take your point - if it was legit I think more people would cop it on the chin.
But how do they keep getting the best players, remain cap compliant and have one of the lowest TPA totals?
That's where it doesn't pass the smell test.
Car allowance isn't enough ($20k x 5 total $100k). I'll bet Cooper Cronk wasn't driving a Hyundai Excel.
Payments that are exempt from the cap include tertiary education fees - which must be applied for so there's some measurement I guess - but it still seems murky.
I don't like to be suspicious but we'd all like to know how this adds up...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep digging ................. you will get to the bottom of that hole soon ..................

Source https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...-roosters-rank-11th/nealp5ielkv81ayux0r6snvjn

2019 arm’s length agreements per NRL club:
Sydney Roosters $68,966

Not sure how those 4 players can be paid enough in TPA's to make up the difference you claim. That's the NRL audited TPA's, of course there could be "brown paper bag" payments not revealed. But players Tax Returns are able to be requested by the NRL Cap Auditor as well as Bank Statements and other financial records. So the risk is high and tax fraud is a gaolable offence, players are taking a big personal risk to protect their club. Plus "brown paper bag" payments aren't ever likely to be spoken about and I doubt anyone would believe that Tedesco is on $600k to start with, they (we) would be asking questions if that were the case and the TPA's plainly aren't going to cover it. Hiding the large amounts (that we are talking about here) in "brown paper bag" payments is extremely risking and very difficult to hide. Small amounts they might be able to hide but not enough to make up for the Cap shortfall you claim.

Go Dogs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here, if only for a shit stir and some colour :grinning:

NRL Match Officials Comfortably Fit Under The Salary Sombrero

WENDELL HUSSEY | Cadet |CONTACT

In breaking news out of the harbourside city of Sydney, it seems as though the Roosters may finally have come undone.

Less than 24 hours since there historic back to back premiership win over the Canberra Raiders last night, the club has been accused of breaching the salary cap.

However, while many may have expected the breach to come in regards to the fact they manged to keep Cronk, Keary, Latrell, Tedesco, Manu, Tupou, Morris, Crichton, Cordner, JWH, Sio Taukeiaho and more into the cap, the alleged breach is reportedly in regards to more relatively unknown players.

Those players where the refereeing officials during last night’s Grand Final victory.

Salary Cap auditors were first alerted to the breaches last night when the Roosters trainer potentially stopped a runaway try to Elliot Whitehead before gifting the Roosters the put in at the scrum.

The second alert occurred a short time after when the referees called 6 again, before calling for a changeover after Canberra half Jack Wighton elected to run the ball rather than kick it – assuming he had 6 more tackles up his sleeve.

The NRL and the Sydney Roosters are yet to officially comment on the allegations.

More to come. :grinning:

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/spo...ls-comfortably-fit-under-the-salary-sombrero/

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
BUT... the Chook$ actually had one of the LOWEST TPA's in the NRL (declared at least).
So I take your point - if it was legit I think more people would cop it on the chin.
But how do they keep getting the best players, remain cap compliant and have one of the lowest TPA totals?
That's where it doesn't pass the smell test.
Car allowance isn't enough ($20k x 5 total $100k). I'll bet Cooper Cronk wasn't driving a Hyundai Excel.
Payments that are exempt from the cap include tertiary education fees - which must be applied for so there's some measurement I guess - but it still seems murky.
I don't like to be suspicious but we'd all like to know how this adds up...
Cronk was reportedly on a degree scholarship to Harvard, all expenses paid. I think that's just taking the piss out of the players education exemption from the cap. I'm sure the NRL were thinking more in line with TAFE or local Uni fees being exempt, but a Harvard degree with all expenses paid is one hell of a lot of money. One year fees are close to $US70k, for 4 years $US280k, that's $A420k plus expenses, flights. accommodation, meals etc.

Go Dogs