News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Cronk was reportedly on a degree scholarship to Harvard, all expenses paid. I think that's just taking the piss out of the players education exemption from the cap. I'm sure the NRL were thinking more in line with TAFE or local Uni fees being exempt, but a Harvard degree with all expenses paid is one hell of a lot of money. One year fees are close to $US70k, for 4 years $US280k, that's $A420k plus expenses, flights. accommodation, meals etc.

Go Dogs
Precisely, so likely the education fees bit wasn't specified in terms of institution type or dare I say 'capped' by the NRL...if not already reviewed it needs it - otherwise it's just another window for a rort.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You’ve said yourself you have only followed the game for 5 years.
You have no idea what’s gone on for years and should watch your mouth child. You want to talk delusional? I’ve forgotten more than you know about the game and I’m out of touch?

Look at the salary cap, look at the NRL refusing to register contracts below market value, look at the roosters very small TPAs, look at their squad, ex players openly talking about paper bags and get your head out of the sand or even better go support the roosters so we don’t have to put up with your monotonous crap
I've followed the game since 2004 (only watched Bulldogs and only watched them when it was on Channel 9). Just more closely in the last two-three years (where I watch and read everything now). You're running with a conspiracy theory because you're out of touch. Sorry if you don't like to hear it. Whatever makes you feel better I guess. When knowing my thoughts on while we're struggling when you flip that to a successful team I wonder why they get everything they want and for cheap. Jealously, deluded. Roosters' are up there as the team I want to beat the most myself. Zero bias from my side something you're not able to do. Ex-players joking about paper bags as a skit for FoxSports? Holy shit.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've followed the game since 2004 (only watched Bulldogs and only watched them when it was on Channel 9). Just more closely in the last two-three years (where I watch everything now). You're running with a conspiracy theory because you're out of touch. Sorry if you don't like to hear it. Whatever makes you feel better I guess. When knowing my thoughts on while we're struggling when you flip that to a successful team I wonder why they get everything they want and for cheap. Jealously, deluded. Roosters' are up there as the team I want to beat the most myself. Zero bias from my side something you're not able to do. Ex-players joking about paper bags as a skit for FoxSports? Holy shit.
The fact is we stuffed ourselves up with Dib, Des and Ray, ended up deep in the shyte as a result and that's why we are just seeing our way out of the mess they created. The Chooks didn't, they kept working away at their level. That comparison has nothing to do with Salary Caps, TPA's or brown paper bags.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've followed the game since 2004 (only watched Bulldogs and only watched them when it was on Channel 9). Just more closely in the last two-three years (where I watch everything now). You're running with a conspiracy theory because you're out of touch. Sorry if you don't like to hear it. Whatever makes you feel better I guess. When knowing my thoughts on while we're struggling when you flip that to a successful team I wonder why they get everything they want and for cheap. Jealously, deluded. Roosters' are up there as the team I want to beat the most myself. Zero bias from my side something you're not able to do. Ex-players joking about paper bags as a skit for FoxSports? Holy shit.
So it’s you and a few roosters fans vs 99% of league supporters? That doesn’t ring any alarm bells? How many ex roosters players are you friends or family with? I don’t just say things for the sake of it

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So it’s you and a few roosters fans vs 99% of league supporters? That doesn’t ring any alarm bells? How many ex roosters players are you friends or family with? I don’t just say things for the sake of it
How is it not a conspiracy theory? There is literally no proof. I don't care what % of people believe what. They get the most out of their players on lower end contracts and when you sprinkle that with their guns (Cronk, Tedesco, Keary) that's your answer. Look how good and useful Aubusson is and he's on peanuts. Whoever comes into their team does a job, e.g. Butcher, Tupouniua and Verrills. Cronk retries and they sign the best young half that's ready to go on one third of the amount.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it not a conspiracy theory? There is literally no proof. I don't care what % of people believe what. They get the most out of their players on lower end contracts and when you sprinkle that with their guns (Cronk, Tedesco, Keary) that's your answer. Look how good and useful Aubusson is and he's on peanuts. Whoever comes into their team does a job, e.g. Butcher, Tupouniua and Verrills. Cronk retries and they sign the best young half that's ready to go on one third of the amount.
Plainly the Chooks "stretch" the legality to the limit wherever possible, the Cronk to Harvard being an obvious example. If there's a gap in the rules then they exploit it to the fullest extent. What they do may well be "legal" this year but then the rules get changed and it's not legal any more. The problem I have is that they exploit gaps that others teams look at and stay away from because there a risk, to them sometimes but most often to the player. They have no respect for the intent of the rule or the morals of the situation. There's being ruthless and doing everything necessary to win and then there's being callous, cold-blooded, compassionless, heartless, inhumane, insensitive and remorseless. That's my problem with the Chooks and it seems many others share the same feelings. It's not what I want from my club.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Plainly the Chooks "stretch" the legality to the limit wherever possible, the Cronk to Harvard being an obvious example. If there's a gap in the rules then they exploit it to the fullest extent. What they do may well be "legal" this year but then the rules get changed and it's not legal any more. The problem I have is that they exploit gaps that others teams look at and stay away from because there a risk, to them sometimes but most often to the player. They have no respect for the intent of the rule or the morals of the situation. There's being ruthless and doing everything necessary to win and then there's being callous, cold-blooded, compassionless, heartless, inhumane, insensitive and remorseless. That's my problem with the Chooks and it seems many others share the same feelings. It's not what I want from my club.

Go Dogs
It's the same on the field too. Even in others Sports in soccer like diving and professional fouls. If it's "legal" and you're not using it to your advantage then you deserve what you get. I think it's a little naive to think all clubs and players aren't trying to get away with the same stuff and pushing the boundaries. Some just do it better than others.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's the same on the field too. Even in others Sports in soccer like diving and professional fouls. If it's "legal" and you're not using it to your advantage then you deserve what you get. I think it's a little naive to think all clubs and players aren't trying to get away with the same stuff and pushing the boundaries. Some just do it better than others.
I would put it that some do it worse than others. It may be to their short term benefit, which is all that matters to them, but it may at the same time be to the medium and/or long term detriment of the game and the players. Clubs are ultimately the custodians of the game and they shouldn't be lowering the moral standards for their own short term gain.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would put it that some do it worse than others. It may be to their short term benefit, which is all that matters to them, but it may at the same time be to the medium and/or long term detriment of the game and the players. Clubs are ultimately the custodians of the game and they shouldn't be lowering the moral standards for their own short term gain.

Go Dogs
Meanwhile they keep winning the premiership.

If you can't beat 'em. If they have the head honchos in the bag, then join em I reckon.

Your ideals are spot on but there's no even playing field so....

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you can't beat 'em. If they have the head honchos in the bag, then join em I reckon.

There is no even playing field when the comp doesn't even have every team playing eachother twice in a season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is no even playing field when the comp doesn't even have every team playing eachother twice in a season.
Exactly right. They've set it up like this. That's none of the Bulldogs doing. Win the premiership and you are in clover. The NRLol are severely impacting genuine teams earnings and success by their bias.

The favoured teams are using every advantage available, no problem by me if we do exactly the same underhand methods.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Cheating is still cheating, a hollow victory

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it’s a fact they exploit the rules. I have good mates who know top brass there very well. I also worked with a guy who coached Sharks junior teams from 2004 onwards, and when a former coach turned up there to coach the Sharks after coaching the top brass, he said in a meeting regarding recruitment that he could not believe how bad The Sharks Are at hiding figures when it comes to player payments after he missed getting a couple of players ge wanted. This is a fact, he was pissed because looking at the cap compliance was never an issue where he used to coach.

those who want to believe they play by the rules - good luck to you.

I envy their ability to cheat myself. We were too dumb to do it, but just don’t believe they are above board...

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest, as much as I like winning comps it would be shit to be labelled cheats and feeling as though your trophies are a bit tainted in the back of your mind
I mean no one has a problem with 2004 do they?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I really wish Addo would sign with someone so we can move on either way

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really wish Addo would sign with someone so we can move on either way
He said he’d like to settle his future sooner then later in the next couple weeks so hopefully we know soon if he’s signing with us or another team

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Is he actually even considered a realistic chance of signing with us or are some just dreaming?