News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh I thought he had a bit of go in him when he debuted at the tigers and they are sh*t.
I prefer the Maumalo types myself, as far as big money for wingers is concerned.. JAC is good in the clear and everything, but he couldn't bust his way out of a wet paper bag

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if JAC doesn't end up at a top 4 team I think we're all going to see how overrated he is
His an awesome footballer but no winger should ever get more than 550k a year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If we manage to get addo Carr along with Thompson, then credit to the board
FlyingPig.jpg
I'm in shock. I mean, I know it's conditional (and likely retractable) - but did you just say something semi complimentary about the club and its management?
I think I need to lie down...

Certainly a long way from the original scoop...
LukeFA.png

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer the Maumalo types myself, as far as big money for wingers is concerned.. JAC is good in the clear and everything, but he couldn't bust his way out of a wet paper bag
Yeah agree he bucks the trend for modern day wingers. I would have loved semi... would have been fine with the cash he wanted cause of everything he brings .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Five pages already, a popular man, what do we do if he does a Lattrel and demands a million because he knows the Bulldogs are cashed up?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah agree he bucks the trend for modern day wingers. I would have loved semi... would have been fine with the cash he wanted cause of everything he brings .
Semi, Ken, and Fergo are three of just a few wingers who I would pay the big bucks for.. not saying I wouldn't be happy with JAC but I just think whoever he ends up with is going to be paying overs

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i think we are a chance at resigning him. It would be a good deal on around $400k 1 year with the option to extend depending on how he goes. He was awesome for us late last year
As good as he has been when fit, we can’t be spending 400K of our cap for a guy that might only play 5 games a year, 10 at best...

It’s a shame as I feel he gives 100% for the club but his body fails him.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who do you suggest we sign as our halve?
Well we've missed out on a couple opportunities even knowing our salary cap space was looking healthier from 2021.

Jack Wighton from 2021: Did we even make an offer? I'm not sure. We missed out but can approach him from November.

Aiden Seizer from 2020 : Ok not the best but a competitor and ex Bulldog. Wouldn't have cost much and if we were able to sign Wighton as well and being a proven Grand Finalist halves pairing and knowing each others game would have been a bonus.

George Williams ( English half signed with Raiders) I'd like to know if we were on the ball looking at this guy.

Luke Keary: Contract is up 2021. We need to go in hard for this guy from November. He is the best half going around. Would be an awesome pairing with Wighton.

Players are known to break contracts and player managers will do anything for a better contract for their players and we'd have to be naive to think dealings don't go on before November. We can put interest through player managers without making offers. This is how contacts are broken and can get players before their current contracts end.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a supporter of Kieren Foran since he joined but I will be glad when his contract with the Dogs is up, done and dusted. What really annoys me is that every time an article is written and the Dogs are mentioned words like cashed up and war chest are just thrown out there like we're just every player managers cash cow. Now I don't know the financial standings of our club or our cap and I'm not into guessing but when it comes to approaching a player like Josh Addo-Carr I believe our club should play the price is right and NOT OVER PAY. I'm all for having speed in our back-line and the fox would surly add to that but I'm not that comfortable paying spine money for a winger. Not unless that winger has an "S" on his chest when he plays and is a mild mannered reporter working for the metropolitan newspaper off the field. Just my 2 cents carry on :grinning:
I always say 2 bobs worth but I would pay a little premium for him but I agree in principle.

Don'r know what it is about your avatar picture but you look like a true Doggies fan.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well we've missed out on a couple opportunities even knowing our salary cap space was looking healthier from 2021.

Jack Wighton from 2021: Did we even make an offer? I'm not sure. We missed out but can approach him from November.

Aiden Seizer from 2020 : Ok not the best but a competitor and ex Bulldog. Wouldn't have cost much and if we were able to sign Wighton as well and being a proven Grand Finalist halves pairing and knowing each others game would have been a bonus.

George Williams ( English half signed with Raiders) I'd like to know if we were on the ball looking at this guy.

Luke Keary: Contract is up 2021. We need to go in hard for this guy from November. He is the best half going around. Would be an awesome pairing with Wighton.

Players are known to break contracts and player managers will do anything for a better contract for their players and we'd have to be naive to think dealings don't go on before November. We can put interest through player managers without making offers. This is how contacts are broken and can get players before their current contracts end.
A touch of reality perhaps, Luke Keary is contracted for 2020 and 2021. Hence not available until 2022. Look at what happened to the last 2 players who dared to leave the Chooks. Napa where years old videos suddenly appeared and Mitchell who was endlessly vilified in every sort of media around. Napa they let him go and they still screwed him over. Imagine what the Chooks media machine would do to Keary if they got a sniff of him even thinking about getting out of his contract early.

Go Dogs

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Five pages already, a popular man, what do we do if he does a Lattrel and demands a million because he knows the Bulldogs are cashed up?
Tell him he is good but for 1 million he can get fucked!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cracking journalism once again hoops not 1 quote or facts just a guess

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I'm a Cogger fan, but Sezer at 6 and Wakeham at 7 would have given us a far superior kicking game to what we have now

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Wighton and Keary will be a fair bit over 1m if we wanted them. They're both going to get 1m or very close it it from their respective clubs. Unless you want to spend Ben Hunt money we can't get either of them.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a Cogger fan, but Sezer at 6 and Wakeham at 7 would have given us a far superior kicking game to what we have now
Sezer... really? not even sticky wants him but you do...lets all see how the 1st 10 rounds go and then make a call.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wighton and Keary will be a fair bit over 1m if we wanted them. They're both going to get 1m or very close it it from their respective clubs. Unless you want to spend Ben Hunt money we can't get either of them.
The roosters won two comps by paying good players what they deserve in key positions. On four players alone, Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary and Cronk, nearly a quarter of their salary cap right here but every player named here was and still will win you comps.

If we don't do likewise with the RIGHT players we will continue to fall behind. So Wighton and Keary would be worth spending top dollar to get them.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The roosters won two comps by paying good players what they deserve in key positions. On four players alone, Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary and Cronk, nearly a quarter of their salary cap right here but every player named here was and still will win you comps.

If we don't do likewise with the RIGHT players we will continue to fall behind. So Wighton and Keary would be worth spending top dollar to get them.
Not true. The rorters had to pilfer off everyone else because their junior system is complete shite. Every dog has his day so to speak and Nicks will come.. That will be a lovely day indeed. All things eventually come out.