News Cashed-up Bulldogs set to make Josh Addo-Carr a ‘priority target

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
The roosters won two comps by paying good players what they deserve in key positions. On four players alone, Tedesco, Mitchell, Keary and Cronk, nearly a quarter of their salary cap right here but every player named here was and still will win you comps.

If we don't do likewise with the RIGHT players we will continue to fall behind. So Wighton and Keary would be worth spending top dollar to get them.
It's easy to stack your team when you rort the cap :tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sezer... really? not even sticky wants him but you do...lets all see how the 1st 10 rounds go and then make a call.
Sezer was bad in the GF, but all the good ball went to Wighton. I've been vocal that Cogger and Wakeham are my preference. But you cannot deny that Sezer has a better kicking game than Lewis and Cogger regardless of whether Ricky wants him or not

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A touch of reality perhaps, Luke Keary is contracted for 2020 and 2021. Hence not available until 2022. Look at what happened to the last 2 players who dared to leave the Chooks. Napa where years old videos suddenly appeared and Mitchell who was endlessly vilified in every sort of media around. Napa they let him go and they still screwed him over. Imagine what the Chooks media machine would do to Keary if they got a sniff of him even thinking about getting out of his contract early.

Go Dogs

Me thinks you watch to many conspiracy shows..The world is flat, we never landed on the moon and Lattrel Mitchell is the next GI...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Me thinks you watch to many conspiracy shows..The world is flat, we never landed on the moon and Lattrel Mitchell is the next GI...
But Bazil, how can you land on the moon when it’s made of cheese? :-)

(And we know who leaked the Papi videos anyway...)

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But Bazil, how can you land on the moon when it’s made of cheese? :-)
I fuckin love cheese, on toast, on a cracker, my burger, cheese vegimite and lettuce sandwich, on my pasta, pizza, in a salad...

Oh sorry, yeah the moon and stuff.
:tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I fuckin love cheese, on toast, on a cracker, my burger, cheese vegimite and lettuce sandwich, on my pasta, pizza, in a salad...

Oh sorry, yeah the moon and stuff.
:tearsofjoy:
I hear ya brother, cheese is a gift from above - ie: the Sea of Tranquility :-).

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A touch of reality perhaps, Luke Keary is contracted for 2020 and 2021. Hence not available until 2022. Look at what happened to the last 2 players who dared to leave the Chooks. Napa where years old videos suddenly appeared and Mitchell who was endlessly vilified in every sort of media around. Napa they let him go and they still screwed him over. Imagine what the Chooks media machine would do to Keary if they got a sniff of him even thinking about getting out of his contract early.

Go Dogs
Yes I did mention Keary is off contract in 2021 but that does mean we have to bow to the Roosters because you are worried at how they will deal with it.
If we are not ruthless in negotiations and a little devious in our dealings then we will struggle to get any decent player.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sezer was bad in the GF, but all the good ball went to Wighton. I've been vocal that Cogger and Wakeham are my preference. But you cannot deny that Sezer has a better kicking game than Lewis and Cogger regardless of whether Ricky wants him or not
That’s fair enough, I just don’t want to settle for a Sezer and I also think we should see how our young blokes go early on. I think we will all be surprised with the progress.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not true. The rorters had to pilfer off everyone else because their junior system is complete shite. Every dog has his day so to speak and Nicks will come.. That will be a lovely day indeed. All things eventually come out.
Go tell the roosters fans they won two comps in a row by pilfering players and not bringing up their juniors like you say and they will laugh in your face. Really, do you think they care? The end goal is to win comps, they did it and at the moment Nick is laughing at all of us.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to stack your team when you rort the cap :tearsofjoy:
Wouldn't you stack your team if you can win two comps in a row? Obviously no other team knows how to do it better than them and get away with it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Go tell the roosters fans they won two comps in a row by pilfering players and not bringing up their juniors like you say and they will laugh in your face. Really, do you think they care? The end goal is to win comps, they did it and at the moment Nick is laughing at all of us.
To be honest, as much as I like winning comps it would be shit to be labelled cheats and feeling as though your trophies are a bit tainted in the back of your mind

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As good as Addo-Carr is and can be, is he only that good due to the surrounding players? Like Dane Gagai is a big average player but come Origin, he looks like a world class winger due to the players around him.

JAC also doesn't seem to get in and do the hard yards out of their own end like a Blake Furgeson or Semi Radradra.

In saying that, I would still take him in a heartbeat but I have a funny feeling he will end up at South's to be with his other brothers.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y
To be honest, as much as I like winning comps it would be shit to be labelled cheats and feeling as though your trophies are a bit tainted in the back of your mind
I think every team in every sport bends the rules where there is a salary cap. While the Roosters are owned by Nick like Russell owns the Rabbits there will always be that grey area around their signings but however they do it they still do it better than anyone else. No fan of a winning club would be even remotely worried how they are tainted because they have already enjoyed the successes of winning a Comp/s.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
YI think every team in every sport bends the rules where there is a salary cap. While the Roosters are owned by Nick like Russell owns the Rabbits there will always be that grey area around their signings but however they do it they still do it better than anyone else. No fan of a winning club would be even remotely worried how they are tainted because they have already enjoyed the successes of winning a Comp/s.
A good example of this is the Broncos, just when the league thought they had them caught red-handed Andrew Gee "stepped down" and thus the investigation could go no further. Broncos have been rorting the cap since day dot even with probably the largest nursery in the NRL and some of the finest schools to pick and choose from.

Dogs house

Banned
Reaction score
A good example of this is the Broncos, just when the league thought they had them caught red-handed Andrew Gee "stepped down" and thus the investigation could go no further. Broncos have been rorting the cap since day dot even with probably the largest nursery in the NRL and some of the finest schools to pick and choose from.
Broncos had 9 or 10 players in the QLD team and won 2 grandfinal and not one word about salary cap.