What a disgraceful performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you but what really can the bloke say? he was lumped with this shit roster and has to make the best of it. Hard to say if he's doing a good job or not. Maybe these clowns just don't follow or can't execute instructions. Regardless fuckin frustrating watching this shit week in week out, he has to do something to the roster or he'll be out on his ass like Desaster.
Not picking on ya but a few people have said what you have. It’s not like the team just popped up out of no where. He signed up to coach this side and let’s me honest here on paper we ain’t that bad. Yea we have our faults but what team doesn’t. 2-5 record is atrocious considering the teams we played ain’t going as well as predicted.

I personally think head coach is a bit out of depth for the coach and it’s either gona go 1 of 2 ways. He will learn and get better or his going to keep losing and then get the sack. I don’t want to hear he got given this side, he talked up our chances off season and wanted to bring back dogs of war, said our attack will be a lot better and none of that has happened so yea a lot of it is his fault.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was our best performance all year to be honest

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Got to agree with you on Danny Fualalo, I hold my breath everytime he gets the ball.

Not saying we couldnt have done more just appreciating the fact that we held the '
roosters with the best half and fullback in the comp to only one opportunistic try is pretty damn good
Agreed Cronk and Keary are deadly but both teams didn't play well at all. I'm glad it was only one try don't get me wrong but if you look at it who defended better? with the number of opportunities and possession we had even with a player more when Mitchell went to the bin we couldn't just get one over the line? That shows how dismal we are. We can't capitalise on any opportunity and has been the same for years.

As I said if either played say a warriors or tigers easily would of been an absolute thrashing.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't believe what I saw, it was fucken awsome, so close.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not picking on ya but a few people have said what you have. It’s not like the team just popped up out of no where. He signed up to coach this side and let’s me honest here on paper we ain’t that bad. Yea we have our faults but what team doesn’t. 2-5 record is atrocious considering the teams we played ain’t going as well as predicted.

I personally think head coach is a bit out of depth for the coach and it’s either gona go 1 of 2 ways. He will learn and get better or his going to keep losing and then get the sack. I don’t want to hear he got given this side, he talked up our chances off season and wanted to bring back dogs of war, said our attack will be a lot better and none of that has happened so yea a lot of it is his fault.
Too true

14 other sides would have beaten the Roosters last night with that much good ball in good field position off the platform set and 80%
completion

Roosters completion was 64%

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Most of these threads are laughable.

I admit I spent a lot of last night's game swearing at the TV and getting frustrated with the lack of creativity and execution in attack.

But to be honest, attack can come later, I am more concerned about general attitude and effort and particularly attitude and effort in defence. Last night (with the exception of Hopoate's attempt on Mitchell in the first half) our defense and overall effort levels were huge.

You teeny bopper fans need to get your head out of your asses and realise that we are not the 2004 side and Hasler has put us in a position where we are having to rebuild.

To produce such a great defensive effort last night was fantastic.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I admit I spent a lot of last night's game swearing at the TV and getting frustrated with the lack of creativity and execution in attack.

But to be honest, attack can come later, I am more concerned about general attitude and effort and particularly attitude and effort in defence. Last night (with the exception of Hopoate's attempt on Mitchell in the first half) our defense and overall effort levels were huge.

You teeny bopper fans need to get your head out of your asses and realise that we are not the 2004 side and Hasler has put us in a position where we are having to rebuild.

Hardly teeny bopper bud I'm a father of two. Agreed Hasler has put us in this position but the club always has an opportunity to undo what has been done. Effort is not in question, quality is the issue. If you going to talk about defence the roosters outdone us even with one man down and amount of possession we had we couldn't break them.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Feel free to take your pumpkins off and put your heads on any time you like. Seriously. That was a ferocious game of footy. I was there too like I always am and there was plenty to like about the game. It is clear Pay had a plan of attacking their middle and he did it like a german panzer division. The shame of it was that the Americans turned up instead of the French like they usually do. The rorters didn't just drop the ball cold. It got knocked out of them by our D. Same for us.

When we went wide their rushing on line defence caught our centres before we could get the ball out. It's all good and well to say we should have put some kicks in behind the line but 2 or 3 of the ones we did were blocked by the opp feet and we turned over possession. Even Gus said that the chooks are the best in the comp at blocking those kicks.

We went within a couple of inches of scoring maybe 4 or 5 times. Yes we are still a work in progress with our attacking options but everyone has been crying for someone to support Foran and last night JMK did that taking more than a few runs and doing more of the kicking.

Mbye ran for nearly 200m, kicked well and positioned himself to receive the ball. Yes it was slippery out there. It always is due to the surface. A number of players lost their footing. That's ANZ at night and if you went there regularly then you would know that.

I was impressed with most of the players out there tonight. Fine looks like he is going to be a real force by the end of the year, JMK showed a bit in offence to go with his rock solid defence. Even Holland impressed when he came on and a couple of his runs from DH were quite strong.

Overall, I thought it was a big improvement on last week when we won, in most regards and if we keep building we will be in the 8.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We had 52 plays compared to the roosters 14 in the opposition 20 very poor attack

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too true

14 other sides would have beaten the Roosters last night with that much good ball in good field position off the platform set and 80%
completion

Roosters completion was 64%
Statistics shit me. There was a reason why we had so much possession because our 'attacking game ' kept forcing errors but as far as creating opportunities especially when Latrell was binned was a bit disappointing.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Pay may have the plan but if the players can't execute can hardly say that is his fault. Yes overall he is responsible and did talk it up off season so have to agree with you on that but I'm going to take punt and say that he will get the sack if the roster and performances don't change.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Nu Brown to 5/8
JMK to hooker and Lichaa to the bench for Holland
Why does Pay even bother to have Holland on the bench ? and whats the go with Fine playing at prop that game ? All the way through school with him he was a centre then in 20's a winger/centre, NSW cup centre back row and NRL level with the Tigers he was a centre. Pay playing him at prop is a weird one.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What so you give no credit to the defence last night? That was a bulletproof effort by them and I hate them...
I give credit where credit is due and neither team really can say it was a great performance. Watching the game again on the fox recording even the commentators are saying the same thing. We need a lot of improvement for top 8 but I think it is out of reach this year.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess some people are happy with effort and not results lol... if you win a comp with just effort then ok you have something solid there. But cmon mate get real, you don’t win comps with effort and we are already 1/4 into the season. We looked lost in attack and our defence was never a issue to begin with. So why bother sacking des if we didn’t need a change in the first place?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh please, no one was scoring in that game.

We are far from disgraceful, It was actually very impressive that we still had our defense which I thought had gone with Graham and Tolman.

We forced so many errors because of our defense.[/
Time the new board made some tough decisions,des is gone,the dead wood must go as well,Eastwood,fualalo,get rid of Aron woods,Dave Klemmer,lichaa has done nothing,pay does have options,but is doing nothing,52 sets on their line and come up with blanks,&pay says they improved wow

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
What so you give no credit to the defence last night? That was a bulletproof effort by them and I hate them...
The defence was good but certainly not bulletproof. We really didn't fire enough well-aimed shots to penetrate their front line.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This morning thinking with a clear head.

1. We need a better 9, perhaps move JMK there as that’s a natural fit for him. (Appreciate now what Ennis brought with his footballing nous around the ruck not to mention a kicking game)

2. Sign J Hastings.

3. Our defence in the last two games has been very good, especially the scramble defence so kudos there to the coaches

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hated the loss but I enjoyed the game tbh.
Watched the game on TV at work with co-workers and all agreed this was good rugby league not a blow out score reminiscent of. 20/20 cricket.
Change the scoreline to dogs 6-0 and the dynamics of this thread change drastically.
Our attack sucked the big one granted. But defensively I personally can take positives out of this game more so than after a loss by a heap of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.