What a disgraceful performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you are. Thats' what im getting at dont get to negative your positivity is refreshing in this place.
Cheers haz .. your a legend mate !

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly it’s our bench. Fine playing prop and Holland coming in for 5 mins is quite bizarre. Eastwood and Fualalo deserves their spots. My bench would be as follows.

Martin/Tualau
Brown
Eastwood
Fualao

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly it’s our bench. Fine playing prop and Holland coming in for 5 mins is quite bizarre. Eastwood and Fualalo deserves their spots. My bench would be as follows.

Martin/Tualau
Brown
Eastwood
Fualao
Fualalo makes some good carries buts drops the ball way to much.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No offence but just because you were there doesn't make you more of an authority.
I went to the Good Friday game couldn't see shit tbh.. Had to rely on the tele.

But I don't understand how you don't understand that if the conditions are wet there would be a different game plan which involves forward heavy, up the middle using our big pack to flop over the line crushing defenders under us like yesterday's garbage and using our wingers less to avoid sliding over the sides , slipping or wet ball handling errors
You have no clue.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Most of these threads are laughable.

I admit I spent a lot of last night's game swearing at the TV and getting frustrated with the lack of creativity and execution in attack.

But to be honest, attack can come later, I am more concerned about general attitude and effort and particularly attitude and effort in defence. Last night (with the exception of Hopoate's attempt on Mitchell in the first half) our defense and overall effort levels were huge.

You teeny bopper fans need to get your head out of your asses and realise that we are not the 2004 side and Hasler has put us in a position where we are having to rebuild.

To produce such a great defensive effort last night was fantastic.
You must be joking. That game was woeful. We had nothing in attack. 60% of the ball. Kicking game was crap. Big forwards tucking the ball under the arm with no imagination. Liccha, Elliott, Faulolo and Montoya not first grade. JMK not a 5/8. Thanks Des and Noel.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Feel free to take your pumpkins off and put your heads on any time you like. Seriously. That was a ferocious game of footy. I was there too like I always am and there was plenty to like about the game. It is clear Pay had a plan of attacking their middle and he did it like a german panzer division. The shame of it was that the Americans turned up instead of the French like they usually do. The rorters didn't just drop the ball cold. It got knocked out of them by our D. Same for us.

When we went wide their rushing on line defence caught our centres before we could get the ball out. It's all good and well to say we should have put some kicks in behind the line but 2 or 3 of the ones we did were blocked by the opp feet and we turned over possession. Even Gus said that the chooks are the best in the comp at blocking those kicks.

We went within a couple of inches of scoring maybe 4 or 5 times. Yes we are still a work in progress with our attacking options but everyone has been crying for someone to support Foran and last night JMK did that taking more than a few runs and doing more of the kicking.

Mbye ran for nearly 200m, kicked well and positioned himself to receive the ball. Yes it was slippery out there. It always is due to the surface. A number of players lost their footing. That's ANZ at night and if you went there regularly then you would know that.

I was impressed with most of the players out there tonight. Fine looks like he is going to be a real force by the end of the year, JMK showed a bit in offence to go with his rock solid defence. Even Holland impressed when he came on and a couple of his runs from DH were quite strong.

Overall, I thought it was a big improvement on last week when we won, in most regards and if we keep building we will be in the 8.
Were you pissed. Rubbish performance. Liccha stifled attack. You are easily pleased if you thought the rubbish dished up both sides was good.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you pissed. Rubbish performance. Liccha stifled attack. You are easily pleased if you thought the rubbish dished up both sides was good.
Man you need to get to bulldogs HQ asap! Quick! we play the panthers next week! Get in there and show them the tactics of how it’s done bro. We need a coach like you, just tell them where to run and what they are doing wrong with all your sporting and rugby league experience

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ouch....You know I only had about a 30 min drive and I left happy with the effort, although annoyed at the result. I genuinely think games like that can be the platform for a good season. As long as we didn't get any injuries from the game and they continue to play with that level of energy we will be OK. I haven't seen two teams that shot after the fulltime hooter since an origin war years ago. Every player on the field was on their haunches. Both sides gave it everything...
A lot of food for thought in what you say......I guess I was happy in that we did not get smashed, but felt that we should have had a contingency plan in play to counter the fact that what we did time and time again was not working. I know that sitting up in the stands you can get a better idea of the way the game is playing out on field but then I think , so should have coach. It is really frustrating when you know we have superior possession in good field position and we don't do anything with it. We seem to be lost within the twenty metre area, much like the last few years. We can get there with some good running footy but once we are there well we just seem to be devoid of ideas. There is that frustration again.....:frowning:

In light of your comment about the players being shot that sort of shows our fitness is okay, getting better at least and as you say we stay fit and things are not looking as grim. If we can keep that intensity and improve our attack...I like the thought of that.:grinning: Confidence in what we do and how we do it.

The Roosters had to do far more tackles than us with Matterson 65 to our top tackler Lichaa with 45. Lichaa is up there for tackling compared to other hookers in the game yet has played less minutes than some of them. Something has to give; more tackling, less time to do the runs etc. that those are expecting of him, so what about some of the other players upping their tackle counts so he can run more from dummy half? The load needs to be shared a bit more between the team, just like the Roosters did;

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/19...le-their-way-to-win-over-canterbury-bulldogs/

With rarely seen pluck and without inspirational skipper Jake Friend, the Roosters grinded their way to an absorbing 6-0 triumph over Canterbury at ANZ Stadium.

A week after the Rabbitohs poured through their middle for fun, Trent Robinson's side somehow stole the show despite making an extra 104 tackles than the Bulldogs, who enjoyed a whopping 54 tackles inside the opposition 20-metre zone.

They did so without co-captain Friend, who was concussed and out of the game and left needing stitches after an attempted tackle on childhood friend Moses Mbye.
He did so at the 42nd minute, already with 34 tackles on his tally. By the end of a mammoth 80-minute defensive effort, Ryan Matterson had 65, Boyd Cordner 50 and another five men with north of 30 to their name.

I was really frustrated at the way that game played out but you make a lot of sense in what you are saying. As I have said elsewhere I was under no illusion that we would make the eight this year and possibly not next season either; this rebuild will take time. Our roster will not change much or strengthen to any great degree as other clubs have done because of the current cap situation. Maybe I should mellow out a little and just go with it and show a little faith.We have had some dark times in the past and some good/great times as well, just the cyclic nature of things I guess.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
it wasnt a "disgraceful" effort at all. Roosters just defended better than i have seen any team tackle in a non finals game in years. If we werent 2-4 going into it, it would have been accepted by a lot more ppl. What i am saying is a reckon most of the people are reacting to our resulting 2-5 record, and not the actual match.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Settle the fuck down, pay has walked into a mess, games are built on defence and that’s where we are progressing really good, attack will come, I understand frustration but ffs have some fucking patience.
Losing hurts but carrying on like a spoilt brat everytime we lose gets a bit much

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Settle the fuck down, pay has walked into a mess, games are built on defence and that’s where we are progressing really good, attack will come, I understand frustration but ffs have some fucking patience.
Losing hurts but carrying on like a spoilt brat everytime we lose gets a bit much
So true. Some of the usual suspects on here seem to forget that Roosters are close to being the favourite for the competition.
We didnt do too bad against them. I agree that the team could do with a bit of a tweak, but the main thing is getting it all together.
It will happen.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're in a battle for the spoon. We need to scrap and fight for every result.

Souths, Raiders & Roosters have been killer blows. Teams we should have beaten.

The attack was so dour and frustrating to watch.

dylan.m

New Pup
Reaction score
I agree totally mate. We had a great game defensively and it was only one shit time in the whole game that lead to the Mitchell try but we defended super well. I think we just need to work on attack but that can come once pay does settle in with a team he has chosen instead of the chaos Hasler left him

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods and Klem did well. Over 200 metres each. But FUCK ME. Create a gap and over lap, a fuck 2 on 1.
Roosters just sled without a problem. Angles blokes, 2nd phase, outside inside ball, fucking something.
Danny F is our Tim fuckin Mannah. What a waste. Haven't seen enough of FINE to see if he has anything.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are all a bunch of faggots for me that was like watch SOO would of liked to of seen one try but fuck you if that wasn't a game.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team is lacking a technician/tactical coach.
What stood out for me is in the opposition 20 there was no bodies in motion, Mbye not coming in with pace on the ball, , no smarts, no creativity.
What do they do at training?

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team is lacking a technician/tactical coach.
What stood out for me is in the opposition 20 there was no bodies in motion, Mbye not coming in with pace on the ball, , no smarts, no creativity.
What do they do at training?
I thought the same as well but it is early. was a tough defensive game is all next game we meet them we will win

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
By no mean an entertaining game but Very much an over exaggerated reaction. Last year was disgraceful. Des had 5yrs to build his roster and we got the same results as we do today , the difference is pay is stuck with dessies and dibs piss poor roster management. Let's judge pay after he can recruit and develope players.

Status
Not open for further replies.