What a disgraceful performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of the people who went to the game but I would of rather be at home watching it on tv! At least I could of turned it off than watch the rubbish what a waste of money it was and to the members who bought one - ask for your money back or cancel it, this team is a frickin dud. I was contemplating rejoining but waited to see if they could turn it around but clearly nothing has changed over the past four years.

Roosters didn't win because we defended good, they played as shit as we did. Even with majority of possession and one man short we could break their line - we can't even break through cling wrap.

I've said it before and I'll say it again get rid of the dead fuckin wood and rebuild like the tigers and knights even at a loss. There is no hope otherwise.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They were showing highlights of the 2004 grand final prior to kick off. This team is a far cry from that.

We need the excitement back for our own sanity. It's been 3 years of a decline at this club and it looks like it's continuing.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This team isn't the 2004's teams asshole. Poor Steve Price had to sit there and watch what his legacy had become- nothing more than a under 4's side. When is the club going to wake up and really make proper changes to the roster? Hasn't it copped enough from its fans, commentators and the media?

Seriously.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This team isn't the 2004's teams asshole. Poor Steve Price had to sit there and watch what his legacy had become- nothing more than a under 4's side. When is the club going to wake up and really make proper changes to the roster? Hasn't it copped enough from its fans, commentators and the media?

Seriously.
I think it's a bit tough this year and next because of the salary cap drama des left us in but I hope we do get rid of the deadwood in that time frame and look for some good talent and rebuild this side again because as you said that was disgraceful. Most teams would have beaten the rorters tonight, probably all the teams would have. The roosters were terrible too

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it's a bit tough this year and next because of the salary cap drama des left us in but I hope we do get rid of the deadwood in that time frame and look for some good talent and rebuild this side again because as you said that was disgraceful. Most teams would have beaten the rorters tonight, probably all the teams would have. The roosters were terrible too
Current form- I will hate to see what St George or the Tigers will do to us. I won't be going to anymore games that's for sure not going to waste my Time or money. I will be afraid to turn on the tv because I'll probably put a hole through it.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is it just me or is dean pay given a free pass for the press conferences , his performances in those are as lackluster as our team.
I'm not disagreeing with you but what really can the bloke say? he was lumped with this shit roster and has to make the best of it. Hard to say if he's doing a good job or not. Maybe these clowns just don't follow or can't execute instructions. Regardless fuckin frustrating watching this shit week in week out, he has to do something to the roster or he'll be out on his ass like Desaster.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh please, no one was scoring in that game.

We are far from disgraceful, It was actually very impressive that we still had our defense which I thought had gone with Graham and Tolman.

We forced so many errors because of our defense.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Attack is under 7 like
Enough with Pay inherited this roster

He hasn’t implemented a fkn attack system

We look like Des ball

Klemmer and Woods handle the footy more than our halves in opposition red zone

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh please, no one was scoring in that game.

We are far from disgraceful, It was actually very impressive that we still had our defense which I thought had gone with Graham and Tolman.

We forced so many errors because of our defense.
What game were you watching? We conceded a lot of errors too which actually handed them the try. The roosters played just as crap, if we were against the top 3 it would of been 50-0.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Attack is under 7 like
Enough with Pay inherited this roster

He hasn’t implemented a fkn attack system

We look like Des ball

Klemmer and Woods handle the footy more than our halves in opposition red zone
Agree with you our attack system is shit but you need the players to be able to implement an attack system and the moment we haven't got the players to be able to penetrate cling wrap.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of the people who went to the game but I would of rather be at home watching it on tv! At least I could of turned it off than watch the rubbish what a waste of money it was and to the members who bought one - ask for your money back or cancel it, this team is a frickin dud. I was contemplating rejoining but waited to see if they could turn it around but clearly nothing has changed over the past four years.

Roosters didn't win because we defended good, they played as shit as we did. Even with majority of possession and one man short we could break their line - we can't even break through cling wrap.

I've said it before and I'll say it again get rid of the dead fuckin wood and rebuild like the tigers and knights even at a loss. There is no hope otherwise.
The whole game has become crap mate.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The frustrating thing about this team is the lack of attacking structure in place .

We just have no idea what to do out there and especially last night we did not create 1 clear cut opportunity or anything close to an opportunity with all that possession and field position

One particular play towards the end we had a little roll going and on the 4th tackle liccha throws an inside ball to a forward for a settler . Pathetic.

We have a potential x-factor in Mbye but where on earth is he out there ?
How many times have we seen Mbye sniffing for an offload Around our forwards especially woods and mariner ? 0 That’s how many .
How many times have we seen mbye on the end of sweeping backline plays ? 0 . He actually plays as second receiver in the line when in attacking situations
How many inside balls through tired forwards have we tried getting to mbye ? 0

Manly and Souths blew the raiders and roosters apart respectively in games we played them
a week after by playing straight through the middle and for some real strange reason those 2 games have been our worse performed

I have time for JMK but he’s not a half, I actually think he should be given more time playing dummy half .
Defenses can read our attack way to easy and either cause of coaching or his ability he offers no creativity from that position

For the sake of not having to witness another game like last night actually last 2 years mbye needs to shift back into the halves . Let Foran call the shots and let mbye play what he see’s.
Hoppa back to fullback as we just don’t have the structure in place to utilize the potential of mbye .

Olive , Okenbor or Lewis in centres and king back to bench or even starting hooker

The real change that should be made if pay cannot address our woeful attack is swapping him with georgalis

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The frustrating thing about this team is the lack of attacking structure in place .

We just have no idea what to do out there and especially last night we did not create 1 clear cut opportunity or anything close to an opportunity with all that possession and field position

One particular play towards the end we had a little roll going and on the 4th tackle liccha throws an inside ball to a forward for a settler . Pathetic.

We have a potential x-factor in Mbye but where on earth is he out there ?
How many times have we seen Mbye sniffing for an offload Around our forwards especially woods and mariner ? 0 That’s how many .
How many times have we seen mbye on the end of sweeping backline plays ? 0 . He actually plays as second receiver in the line when in attacking situations
How many inside balls through tired forwards have we tried getting to mbye ? 0

Manly and Souths blew the raiders and roosters apart respectively in games we played them
a week after by playing straight through the middle and for some real strange reason those 2 games have been our worse performed

I have time for JMK but he’s not a half, I actually think he should be given more time playing dummy half .
Defenses can read our attack way to easy and either cause of coaching or his ability he offers no creativity from that position

For the sake of not having to witness another game like last night actually last 2 years mbye needs to shift back into the halves . Let Foran call the shots and let mbye play what he see’s.
Hoppa back to fullback as we just don’t have the structure in place to utilize the potential of mbye .

Olive , Okenbor or Lewis in centres and king back to bench or even starting hooker

The real change that should be made if pay cannot address our woeful attack is swapping him with georgalis
Agree with you there mate our attacking ability is zilch. I'm not sure about some of the changes you suggested but in saying that Pay needs to do something because the results thus far is lacklustre.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What game were you watching? We conceded a lot of errors too which actually handed them the try. The roosters played just as crap, if we were against the top 3 it would of been 50-0.
You do realise ANZ was wet last night and pay got them to attack up the middle?

Roosters counteracted our attack and that's why they made so many errors.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You do realise ANZ was wet last night and pay got them to attack up the middle?

Roosters counteracted our attack and that's why they made so many errors.
I was there mate. I saw the whole thing. Other than the few try savers of Morris' who I give credit too have been one of more consistent performers the rest was rubbish. Pay can instruct them to attack wherever he wants, we very little if not any attacking ability.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was there mate. I saw the whole thing. Other than the few try savers of Morris' who I give credit too have been one of more consistent performers the rest was rubbish. Pay can instruct them to attack wherever he wants, we very little if not any attacking ability.
No offence but just because you were there doesn't make you more of an authority.
I went to the Good Friday game couldn't see shit tbh.. Had to rely on the tele.

But I don't understand how you don't understand that if the conditions are wet there would be a different game plan which involves forward heavy, up the middle using our big pack to flop over the line crushing defenders under us like yesterday's garbage and using our wingers less to avoid sliding over the sides , slipping or wet ball handling errors

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No offence but just because you were there doesn't make you more of an authority.
I went to the Good Friday game couldn't see shit tbh.. Had to rely on the tele.

But I don't understand how you don't understand that if the conditions are wet there would be a different game plan which involves forward heavy, up the middle using our big pack to flop over the line crushing defenders under us like yesterday's garbage and using our wingers less to avoid sliding over the sides , slipping or wet ball handling errors
I do completely understand and let me tell you it wasn't wet I had a couple of drops and that's it. Can hardly call it wet. Obviously you don't understand that we don't have the players to implement an attack. We drop more ball then completing sets with idiots who run the ball leaving it completely exposed so when they are tackled it come loose I.e Danny F , we hardly ever break through the oppositions defensive line and when we do there is not support.

Simply we have nothing. Other than a few sparks in defence that's it but defence does not win again alone you need points which at this point we would not be able to muster if theirs lives depended on it. Case closed.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do completely understand and let me tell you it wasn't wet I had a couple of drops and that's it. Can hardly call it wet. Obviously you don't understand that we don't have the players to implement an attack. We drop more ball then completing sets with idiots who run the ball leaving it completely exposed so when they are tackled it come loose I.e Danny F , we hardly ever break through the oppositions defensive line and when we do there is not support.

Simply we have nothing. Other than a few sparks in defence that's it but defence does not win again alone you need points which at this point we would not be able to muster if theirs lives depended on it. Case closed.
Got to agree with you on Danny Fualalo, I hold my breath everytime he gets the ball.

Not saying we couldnt have done more just appreciating the fact that we held the '
roosters with the best half and fullback in the comp to only one opportunistic try is pretty damn good

Status
Not open for further replies.