Woolies vs Coles, the supermarket wars: Australia Day edition

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope W and Aldi cop it where it hurts the most.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope W and Aldi cop it where it hurts the most.
I said it earlier, they would have crunched the numbers.
They no doubt will budget for a small loss in trade until it all blows over.
Will be yesterday's news by February

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I will celebrate our country on Australia Day and eat bbq lamb and prawns with family like I always do. If we change the date to further appease aboriginals that’s fine by me.

But until that happens, kiss my big bald head or arse and keep your whiney woke view to yourself.

Seriously I don’t think there is an Australian that doesn’t want all Australians to celebrate our country, how lucky we all are to live here and honour those of “ALL” backgrounds that defended it and sadly for some who died doing it.

Our indigenous deserve our apologies for our forefathers, respect, inclusion and recognition. But fuck me dead I am wondering when it will become compulsory to listen to a welcome to country when I go to the pub or before buying the groceries or even filling up at the servo…
I heard you asked for welcome to countries prior to Australian cricket selection meetings.... George. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I heard you asked for welcome to countries prior to Australian cricket selection meetings.... George. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Without being silly, it seems like a no brainer to me with Smith and will probably keep him in the team until the next Ashes tour.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Without being silly, it seems like a no brainer to me with Smith and will probably keep him in the team until the next Ashes tour.
Yes - someone with no brain came up with this. But I'll take this to the cricket thread as to why. Not hijacking this one. Its been hijacked enough.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes - someone with no brain came up with this. But I'll take this to the cricket thread as to why. Not hijacking this one. Its been hijacked enough.
Will average above 50 against Windies. Eat some bugs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's the bigger issue with supermarkets is the price gouging and using inflation as an excuse to make record profits..

What Coles and Woolworths are allowed to get away with here in that regard is disgraceful.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have to laugh at the Agriculture portfolio leader for Labor pretending they care about easing the cost of living for Australians

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The CEO that mis paid its staff on purpose, made people work during Covid, didn’t share the profits around said Covid, currently price gouging Aussie families wants to have a discussion about Australia Day. This **** has zero integrity

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be January without Australia Day arguments. I understand Australians wanting to celebrate Australia and Aboriginal people feeling disrespected and angry at the celebrations. I’m not sure even changing the date will make a difference.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be January without Australia Day arguments. I understand Australians wanting to celebrate Australia and Aboriginal people feeling disrespected and angry at the celebrations. I’m not sure even changing the date will make a difference.
I don't know either, but changing the date will stop the arguments about the date haha.
Just be a new argument about somthing else.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because a supermarket chain decided not to stock a bunch of faux patriot bogan apparel that was made in China....ok
I’ve never liked a certain demographic who always say supporting your nation is bogan. It’s really tacky
No offence, but the only people who buy the Aussie themed stuff, are duelling banjos in their spare time.
its always made me laugh when other nations wear l their flags as clothes or literally wear the flag on their back it’s amazing “culture” but it’s bogan If an Australian does it. It’s always a certain divisive side of politics who pushes this agenda too

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
See how this pans out....
Clearly they have made the call to limit the risk of offending people, me I'll still celebrate the day.... I personally don't care as it's all cheap tacky made in China crap that gets dropped on the ground and left for waste fill once the clock strikes midnight or grog starts to ware off.....

Maybe they can put some advertisement in there stores reminding everyone to have a happy Australia day!! (highly doubt it)

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My other new favourite part of the modern Australia Day argument takes is being told as a white Australian we stole the land 200 years ago etc etc by someone with a background of a country who still murders people for their religion or race or just recently stopped. Always get a good
Ole giggle out of it

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve never liked a certain demographic who always say supporting your nation is bogan. It’s really tacky

its always made me laugh when other nations wear l their flags as clothes or literally wear the flag on their back it’s amazing “culture” but it’s bogan If an Australian does it. It’s always a certain divisive side of politics who pushes this agenda too
Yeah, I'll support you on that one.
I know where it stemmed from.
The morons involved in the cronulla riots.
Since then there has been a stigma about being a proud Australian proudly wearing your colours.

I think referring to people as bogans for proudly supporting Australia needs to stop.
Doesn't hurt to show a bit of respect to people who are proud to be Australian.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Since then there has been a stigma about being a proud Australian proudly wearing your colours.

I think referring to people as bogans for proudly supporting Australia needs to stop.
This forum gets away with the slur too, every area that still has a strong demographic of white Australians gets called bogan by this majority 2nd / 3rd generation Australian board. It’s an easy word to use but the real meaning is pretty racist and obvious but alas

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

What if the person being referred to is an actual bogan?