Official Wighton bite

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Gamble literally put his arm in Wighton’s mouth. No suspension.
Similar to Brad Morrin’s. I think in Brad’s case, the forearm was on the throat and he couldn’t breathe. Still copped a lengthy spell. If there was any clamping down action he should get a lengthy spell.

Having said that, the judiciary has never been consistent and Wighton is going to Souths, so a slap on the wrist wouldn’t really surprise lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This tweet had me in stitches…..
View attachment 81532
Nasheed here,
How is this funny?
Firstly it’s not creative and is the same tired ‘sounds no teef’ joke.
2nd it’s a dumb stereotype because it isn’t true. South’s are a glamour club. They get Hollywood support. I have most of my teeth myself. All the players have their teeth so the tweet is dumb on two levels.
The only ones that don’t have teeth are the aboriginal supporters from inner Redfern because of poverty so racism much!!?

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it really Wighton’s go? He’s bitten here but has he really got form for foul play?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its a weird one.
A definite intentional bite would be 2 rows of teeth marks.
1 row and tackle ending high anyones guess.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
was unavoidable and looked worse than it was, wasn’t like he was moving his mouth and went for a bite.
That was the same case with Jammer, yet he was wiped out for months by the judiciary.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Similar to Brad Morrin’s. I think in Brad’s case, the forearm was on the throat and he couldn’t breathe. Still copped a lengthy spell. If there was any clamping down action he should get a lengthy spell.

Having said that, the judiciary has never been consistent and Wighton is going to Souths, so a slap on the wrist wouldn’t really surprise lol
Great summation Gun..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gamble literally put his arm in Wighton’s mouth. No suspension.
You are kidding?

Wighton clearly had his mouth around Gamble's arm. No different from Graham and Smith - and Graham was shown no mercy from the judiciary.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the same case with Jammer, yet he was wiped out for months by the judiciary.
Yeah but Jammers one made Jaws look like a PG rated movie....

Watch a replay of it. He opens his mouth, moves in for the kill and yanks his head to tear the ear off Slater....

He got off easy Jammer did.....

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
How is this funny?
Firstly it’s not creative and is the same tired ‘sounds no teef’ joke.
2nd it’s a dumb stereotype because it isn’t true. South’s are a glamour club. They get Hollywood support. I have most of my teeth myself. All the players have their teeth so the tweet is dumb on two levels.
The only ones that don’t have teeth are the aboriginal supporters from inner Redfern because of poverty so racism much!!?
There is no inner Redfern anymore, Nasheed. Little Eveleigh St was demolished, and a new high rise built on the Block. The TNT towers are now luxury units, and the Redfern RSL club was given the same treatment. It now exists as "Club Redfern" inside a unit block. The food is still ordinary.

You are correct about Souths. It is the team that everyone who knows nothing about the game will adopt, just so they look cool.

Souths have epitomised the "Aussie Battler" because of their re-emergence into the NRL and their GF win against the Dogs. They are the charm bracelet of the elite set, and you see will their merchandise worn all around the world.

When I was a tour guide in Switzerland, I saw the South Sydney rabbit emblem on caps and sweaters at least every day.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'm 50/50 on this as they are both *****. The inbred from the Knights knew what he was doing and the inbred from Canberra would of bit down to get him to release.

If they charge him with biting, why can't they charge the other bogan with a high tackle?
Simple bro - arm near mouth and bite marks. If previous are anything to go by, Wighton gets a decent holiday fully paid for by the Bunnies.

As for the arm near the mouth, yeah. Reckon what you should see out of this is crackdown. But what you will see is absolutely nothing. Not changing interpretations halfway through the finals and will forget about it by the time next season starts.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no inner Redfern anymore, Nasheed. Little Eveleigh St was demolished, and a new high rise built on the Block. The TNT towers are now luxury units, and the Redfern RSL club was given the same treatment. It now exists as "Club Redfern" inside a unit block. The food is still ordinary.

You are correct about Souths. It is the team that everyone who knows nothing about the game will adopt, just so they look cool.

Souths have epitomised the "Aussie Battler" because of their re-emergence into the NRL and their GF win against the Dogs. They are the charm bracelet of the elite set, and you see will their merchandise worn all around the world.

When I was a tour guide in Switzerland, I saw the South Sydney rabbit emblem on caps and sweaters at least every day.
Maybe it was just the emblem of "look at me, I'm a proud dickhead"