Official Wighton bite

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And Analsley on why he wasn't sent off.

"Some high tackles are sent off, some aren't. Some high tackles are sent to the sin bin, some aren't," he said during his weekly briefing.

"The officials have to make a decision based on what evidence they believe they have in which to make that decision.

"Obviously the officials yesterday made the decision based on the evidence they thought they had. Now that doesn't mean they were right or wrong, and ultimately whether the player will be guilty or not guilty. A player could go through a hearing and be found not guilty.

"For any incident in our game, there is no predetermined outcome. It's a matter for the match officials to take what they believe to be the appropriate action based on the information they have at that time."

Just seems so random.....
Maybe because it is? Or at least, close enough to random to effectively be random.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Maybe because it is? Or at least, close enough to random to effectively be random.
You ever heard before of a guy showing a bite mark (you can see it on tele so must have been obvious), the 'victim' claiming he was bitten, all the bots lining up and the culprit not being sent?

TBH, I reckon it was the game state and magnitude that was the deciding factor. I'll guarantee that if the score was 30-nil on a mid season game he's gone.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You ever heard before of a guy showing a bite mark (you can see it on tele so must have been obvious), the 'victim' claiming he was bitten, all the bots lining up and the culprit not being sent?

TBH, I reckon it was the game state and magnitude that was the deciding factor. I'll guarantee that if the score was 30-nil on a mid season game he's gone.
He was definitely bitten, but it was at least somewhat his own fault. I don't know what the bunker randoms had to say to the on field random, but if they said something about the forcefeeding aspect of the tackle I could kind of understand it. I agree, the situation of the game was a factor, but it is impossible for sure to tell how much of a factor, same as the question of IF the bunker randoms deemed that some of the fault was the idiot who decided it was a good idea to headlock a guy around his mouth, if it was a factor, it is impossible to say its weighting.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And Analsley on why he wasn't sent off.

"Some high tackles are sent off, some aren't. Some high tackles are sent to the sin bin, some aren't," he said during his weekly briefing.

"The officials have to make a decision based on what evidence they believe they have in which to make that decision.

"Obviously the officials yesterday made the decision based on the evidence they thought they had. Now that doesn't mean they were right or wrong, and ultimately whether the player will be guilty or not guilty. A player could go through a hearing and be found not guilty.

"For any incident in our game, there is no predetermined outcome. It's a matter for the match officials to take what they believe to be the appropriate action based on the information they have at that time."

Just seems so random.....
And confirms why there is no consistency

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
He was definitely bitten, but it was at least somewhat his own fault. I don't know what the bunker randoms had to say to the on field random, but if they said something about the forcefeeding aspect of the tackle I could kind of understand it. I agree, the situation of the game was a factor, but it is impossible for sure to tell how much of a factor, same as the question of IF the bunker randoms deemed that some of the fault was the idiot who decided it was a good idea to headlock a guy around his mouth, if it was a factor, it is impossible to say its weighting.
Apart from jammer, every biting I can remember involves an arm across the face. So how does anyone split intent on that?

Typical nrl, justifying the fck up after the fact.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My view is that a true bite requires 2 set of teeth marks, one from the upper and one from the lower. From the limited viewing it looked to me like 1 only crescent of marks, from the upper, which could be the mouth guard. That to me indicates that the arm was pushed/forced into the upper row of teeth covered by the mouth guard. That's not a bite and unless there is a picture of 2 sets of teeth marks (or 1 set of teeth marks and 1 mouth guard) there's no way that he can be found guilty of biting.

Always a Bulldog

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
My view is that a true bite requires 2 set of teeth marks, one from the upper and one from the lower. From the limited viewing it looked to me like 1 only crescent of marks, from the upper, which could be the mouth guard. That to me indicates that the arm was pushed/forced into the upper row of teeth covered by the mouth guard. That's not a bite and unless there is a picture of 2 sets of teeth marks (or 1 set of teeth marks and 1 mouth guard) there's no way that he can be found guilty of biting.

Always a Bulldog
Pretty big set of teeth then.
1694494383411.png

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
What did he get?
No decision yet. Prosecution is talking 4 weeks. Defense is saying 3 weeks as Travis Heads batting coach.

No one argued he bit him, its whether it was intentional or not. And in the video apparently there's some chew chew.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No decision yet. Prosecution is talking 4 weeks. Defense is saying 3 weeks as Travis Heads batting coach.

No one argued he bit him, its whether it was intentional or not. And in the video apparently there's some chew chew.
Tosser :tearsofjoy:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 games.

Can he claim PM's xiii, all stars, trials etc?
As he’s now joined Soufffs, you betcha he and the club will, especially after a long off season. Most will forget and include those games in his suspension.