2023 State of Origin Game 1 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like many I was more than a little surprised to see TPJ picked in the squad after such a long layoff but he has been improving by the week but didn’t think it would result in Blues selection.

That said, feel this could be a blessing in disguise for the Bulldogs as this just might be the spark he needs to show us his true worth when he does come back to club level.

Unleash the BEAST!
Or he learns that he can put in 50% and still get selected in Origin / earn big contracts

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All the talk about Ponga not being picked due to duty of care/concussion.. it’s all bullshit. It’s because he’s been shit for so long.
Yeah the duty of care thing is hilarious when they know he will play for the Knights

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Random thought...

I'd replace To'o with Graham.

I'd actually pick him over blown turbo, but coke head doesn't like in form players over past favourites.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's surprising that they dropped Ponga, even if Walsh deserves it on form.. QLD usually show loyalty so not seeing Ponga and Gagai there is surprising. I also thought Horse deserved a bench spot.
Not really, ponga needed a HIA after a very mild knock on the weekend he would be gone after his first tackle in origin, as for Gagai he has been one of our best, but father time remains undefeated. Billy is bringing through the next generation while we still have old heads in our halves.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not really, ponga needed a HIA after a very mild knock on the weekend he would be gone after his first tackle in origin, as for Gagai he has been one of our best, but father time remains undefeated. Billy is bringing through the next generation while we still have old heads in our halves.
I'm not saying I disagree regarding Ponga, I'm just surprised as he was one of their best last series and they usually pick and stick. I would have picked Walsh too..

I think Gagai is going okay. Capewell was the real surprise as he's not old, is in good form and offers a lot of versatility. Again, he's generally one of QLD's best.

Still, QLD have a very explosive looking team. Should be a good series.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying I disagree regarding Ponga, I'm just surprised as he was one of their best last series and they usually pick and stick. I would have picked Walsh too..

I think Gagai is going okay. Capewell was the real surprise as he's not old, is in good form and offers a lot of versatility. Again, he's generally one of QLD's best.

Still, QLD have a very explosive looking team. Should be a good series.
yeah capewell was the one that surprised me a little, but we finally have a little depth in our forward pack and billy will have a plan no doubt.
I agree this could be one of the best series we've seen in a while.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Facebook comments on SOO selection really shows how stupid people are lol. Makes you value discussion in here (the non trolls), at least when you disagree you can see where they are coming from
Unless you ask a certain someone a simple question regarding their opinion and they go off and call you a misogynist, a creep, a lowlife and a weak gutted dog. :tearsofjoy:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Newcastle have been notified Saifiti is on standby if a middle goes down lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Benny Elias comments and I have to agree with him. Sick of hearing about QLD, their team is average and the wankfest over their origin spirit.

On paper it should be a 3 nil whitewash. We all know the refs will have two ruck speeds and a 5m line for QLD to keep them in the series as much as possible.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unless you ask a certain someone a simple question regarding their opinion and they go off and call you a misogynist, a creep, a lowlife and a weak gutted dog. :tearsofjoy:
Matey you got your answer even tho you should have asked the original poster who said CC was Baz 2.0 and as have many other posters since btw :grinning: You chose to hound me on such a trivial point :grinning: I ignored your demand the first time bc I knew it would degenerate into the slanging match it did but you kept asking.

Then you posted to my tormentor nemisis a Karen comment to back you up like a sook wanting to pile on to me even more...not nice at all and thats why I went off the deep end. I took exception but am willing to let bygones by bygones if you like :grinning:

1. Misogynist bc you decided to ask the second poster (me), which happens quite a lot to me, and not the poster who made the original comment about Ciro/Baz-like, to vent your spleen and CC negativity is your own hot spot.
2. Creep bc you didn't keep it to between yourself and myself and cruelly knew who to tag to have maximum effect hoping to further add to my distress and the insults that would be coming my way.
3. Did I say lowlife? Don't think I did :grinning:
4. Said gutless Dog not weak gutted Dog.

Hoping you and I can get over it bc seriously I generally agree with 90% of your posts and would near on have given you the biggest lot of "Likes" you receive on TK bc of that.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who heard what Brandy said?

Apparently TPJ was picked because he played well...... 2 years ago at penrith :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Like fair enough if they said he ran hard over the weekend and held his own against tino and fafita and they are confident he will lift for origin. But to reference a 5-6 game stint 2 years ago. hahaha. Almost laughable. These guys are cracked. Let me guess he probably had a good combo with Api and Jerome and Nathan aswell? lol

Pick the best players available and dont overthink it too much..... I hope both the dogs boys kill it and are best on field .

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matey you got your answer even tho you should have asked the original poster who said CC was Baz 2.0 and as have many other posters since btw :grinning: You chose to hound me on such a trivial point :grinning: I ignored your demand the first time bc I knew it would degenerate into the slanging match it did but you kept asking.

Then you posted to my tormentor nemisis a Karen comment to back you up like a sook wanting to pile on to me even more...not nice at all and thats why I went off the deep end. I took exception but am willing to let bygones by bygones if you like :grinning:

1. Misogynist bc you decided to ask the second poster (me), which happens quite a lot to me, and not the poster who made the original comment about Ciro/Baz-like, to vent your spleen and CC negativity is your own hot spot.
2. Creep bc you didn't keep it to between yourself and myself and cruelly knew who to tag to have maximum effect hoping to further add to my distress and the insults that would be coming my way.
3. Did I say lowlife? Don't think I did :grinning:
4. Said gutless Dog not weak gutted Dog.

Hoping you and I can get over it bc seriously I generally agree with 90% of your posts and would near on have given you the biggest lot of "Likes" you receive on TK bc of that.
Here we go.. Why would I get over it when you went berserk for no reason, said all sorts of shit and refuse to apologise?

I'll survive without your likes, thanks.. Just ignore my comments and I'll ignore yours.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Facebook comments on SOO selection really shows how stupid people are lol. Makes you value discussion in here (the non trolls), at least when you disagree you can see where they are coming from
That's why I deleted it 2 years ago.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Random thought...

I'd replace To'o with Murray.

I'd actually pick him over blown turbo, but coke head doesn't like in form players over past favourites.
Which Murray?