Official Burton

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we got belted by Souths next week with a short turnaround, no forwards and the tough game we just played. Plus they're desperate for a win and the refs will give them every call like every other Good Friday game..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When he puts a player into a hole I might make another.
He put Preston into a hole in the 1st half but Preston was a bit short to reach out. It's the first nice short ball he's thrown all year by actually drawing in the defender right at the line. We need to see more of that..

They'll never move Kikau to the right but it's obvious Preston and Burton have a great combo where as Kikau and Burton is more clunky. Which is weird when they played together on that side at Penrith..

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very simple without him we don't win. That's why he's on the big dollars when the game was on the line he stood up, he made the plays, he kicked the field goal. Will he do it every week no. But he's still only 23, alot of halves don't peak till there nearly 30. In me eyes hes well ahead of that and is only gunna get better. Not to mention he plays with Flanagan as his halfback that in itself speaks wonders of the kid.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If this sparks his form im all for it. But up until his chip and chase (including 4 rounds) hes been very very over rated and sub par. And we call shit as we see it. Or at least i do.
Why should a mediocre spine be his cross to bare... Very unfair

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why should a mediocre spine be his cross to bare... Very unfair
Reed is not mediocre. The only problem is Flanagan. But then again Burton with ball in hand has been making very shit passes. So yeah...

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reed is not mediocre. The only problem is Flanagan. But then again Burton with ball in hand has been making very shit passes. So yeah...
More so the last 12 months than the first 5 rounds of this year's comp mate

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He missed the clutch conversion in regular time only to kick the clutch field goal in golden point from almost the exact same spot. He could have saved us all from a cardiac arrest if he got that penalty goal lol. Fuck I thought that was going in.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t it past your bedtime?

This is a supporter page. Not a page where douchebags that crave attention for bagging out bulldog players troll.
Lol ok so i should blindly call every player a god just because they wear a jersey of a team i follow? fuck that. I can be as critical as i want of a team i support and want them to succeed.

I show my passion and support by being critical and fair.

You show your support and passion your way.

Dont call me a troll cause im not trolling.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He put Preston into a hole in the 1st half but Preston was a bit short to reach out. It's the first nice short ball he's thrown all year by actually drawing in the defender right at the line. We need to see more of that..

They'll never move Kikau to the right but it's obvious Preston and Burton have a great combo where as Kikau and Burton is more clunky. Which is weird when they played together on that side at Penrith..
I'll give you that one. Kikau needs a polished half inside him and Burton isn't that, he just doesn't have the playmaking ability and doesn't know when or how to use him. Right now Kikau would be better off on the right just getting early ball from Flanagan and either ball playing himself or looking to offload to Averillo. Burtons focus in attack purely needs to be on running the ball and using his footwork an size to create opportunities. I keep saying it but I still think Burton is a fullback...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Cowboys were a top 4 team last year. He's a half. Always has been.. He was just out of form. Everything he did tonight proved he's a half. Just needs to improve some of those kicks and mix them up better. Other than that he was great. Aside from his keys plays in attack, his defence impressed me the most as he's missed a lot of tackles this year.

Having something better than the complete dud and ultimate momentum killer at halfback would help. Imagine how much better Burton and the rest of the team could play if we got some sort of production and threat out of the halfback?
All due respect but last year was last year and they had 10 players out tonight.

All I want is for him to live up to his potential.

We saw a bit of potential in the last 10-15 mins with a senior citizen has been next to him. I don't like JR but I'd have him in there just to keep flamingo out of FG.

Like I said, it was a clutch FG, he played like a 5/8th when it was desperately needed, but im not grabbing the tissues over him for this game. Did everyone suddenly forget he turned the most damaging 2nd rower into a cuck because he can't use him properly? The nothing kicks?

He has to back it up against a good team that's not missing half their team. I hope he repeats it on Friday, but from history he doesn't back up good performances very often.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol ok so i should blindly call every player a god just because they wear a jersey of a team i follow? fuck that. I can be as critical as i want of a team i support and want them to succeed.

I show my passion and support by being critical and fair.

You show your support and passion your way.

Dont call me a troll cause im not trolling.
This is what I hate about the kennel, if you dont go apeshit and kiss every players arse you're "nOt A fAn"...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's simple, when Burton reacts he plays well and makes impossible look easy. When he thinks and pre empts what's he's going to do he is dog shit.
That’s because he’s an X factor 5/8th not a controlling 7 , he’s not a game manager, he is very good at playing what’s in front of him but he needs half to take control of the side. Too many people in TK don’t know the fucking difference, he’s been getting shit canned on here because he’s not a fucking miracle worker week in week out. He will go to the next level when we get a halfback.