Official Burton

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still have something else I want to say but if I speak I'll be in big trouble lol. Had to make this thread because I'm sure 15 ***** would be tagging me in random threads :tearsofjoy:
When someone says he had a perfect game, you can go for it

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this sparks his form im all for it. But up until his chip and chase (including 4 rounds) hes been very very over rated and sub par. And we call shit as we see it. Or at least i do.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
When someone says he had a perfect game, you can go for it
Na I can't be arsed, don't want to catch some strays tonight lol.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton needs a foil, if he has an off game we don't stand a chance.

Try assist for Reed, Burton with one and some big plays from both of them.

Perham I don't expect to be a superstar he is finding his feet.

We need another player to contribute to tries and better kicking.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Hel be the NSW five eighth next year. The next 18 months for him will be phenomenal once he gets more talent around him and we don’t have so many injuries. If he gets a quality 7 then look the fuck out

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Overrated at present. Will hopefully get better. Field goal was great though. I agree he is a better centre, but we have no other options at five eighth and hopefully he will play this role better in future, especially if we get an organising half.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reynolds coming on gave Burton the time and space to do what he needed. The defence had another person to focus on. If that isn’t the glaring sign to cc that Flanagan just isn’t the right fit then I don’t know what is.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone who refers to him as a centre from now on should be banned. He carried us to victory. That's why he's so hyped. He's a special talent. He showed massive balls putting that kick in for Fox and with the blindside run and kick before that but you want players like him to back their instincts.. And that Field Goal was tough..

Hopefully that's the win that sparks our season and gets Burton on a good run of form that we badly need to win games..
I'm glad the centre stood up when needed. He has always had potential, never denied that.

Now back it up against a good team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm glad the centre stood up when needed. He has always had potential, never denied that.

Now back it up against a good team.
The Cowboys were a top 4 team last year. He's a half. Always has been.. He was just out of form. Everything he did tonight proved he's a half. Just needs to improve some of those kicks and mix them up better. Other than that he was great. Aside from his keys plays in attack, his defence impressed me the most as he's missed a lot of tackles this year.

Having something better than the complete dud and ultimate momentum killer at halfback would help. Imagine how much better Burton and the rest of the team could play if we got some sort of production and threat out of the halfback?

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He played well Let’s hope he backs it up this week against south’s and doesn’t go back into shell and does nothing 1 good game doesn’t make him a great player

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this sparks his form im all for it. But up until his chip and chase (including 4 rounds) hes been very very over rated and sub par. And we call shit as we see it. Or at least i do.
Hes had a groin injury for two weeks but played because hes needed

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burto played well tonight. Set up our first try with a lovely grubber in goal for Preston. Took the line on and crossed the line only to be held up. Blind side chip and chase which nearly led to a try and kicked the winning field goal. Not sure why a lot of folks are bagging him tonight.