News Roosters baulk at Tedesco request amid Suaalii contract showdown

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The Union guys are telling me that Suaali'i is all but signed.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Suaalii is the most overrated player in the comp. I don't get why so many slurp over him..
Because he only just turned 19 in August, has already played 25 FG games and played rep footy, can run like a gazel and has untold athletic skill.. He might not be your cup of tea but surely you cant tell me you wouldnt have him in our colours..?

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unions a second tier sport in this country brother..they only get our scraps now. They almost went under having to pay out israel Folau
This is right on the money (pardon the pun). They were so broke after the Castle era, they had to pay Izzy in installments. If, by some miracle, they can pony up the reported $10M for Suaalii, what message does that send to all the current union players being paid less than their market worth because Union has been crying poor mouth?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because he only just turned 19 in August, has already played 25 FG games and played rep footy, can run like a gazel and has untold athletic skill.. He might not be your cup of tea but surely you cant tell me you wouldnt have him in our colours..?
I didn't say he wasn't talented but he's not worth half of the figures being thrown about for him and he's massively overhyped. He's not a game breaker like Manu or Latrell etc. He's a pretty one dimensional player right now.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I didn't say he wasn't talented but he's not worth half of the figures being thrown about for him and he's massively overhyped. He's not a game breaker like Manu or Latrell etc. He's a pretty one dimensional player right now.
Disagree watch him play .. not only is he a supreme athlete but has a great attitude and wants to win. Hel play origin this year

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Joseph Manu should be their next fullback not Joseph Suaalii unless they intend to go with:

1. Joseph Suaalii
6. Joseph Manu
7. Sam Walker
9. Brandon Smith
Cheese ain't gonna be their long term 9. He's already flopping. They will be looking for a Brandon Smith exit strategy within 6 months.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disagree watch him play .. not only is he a supreme athlete but has a great attitude and wants to win. Hel play origin this year
We'll agree to disagree. He's only 19 so he may get there eventually, but to me right now he's a great athlete and not a great all-round footballer.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No loyalty showed by roosters there, teddy has been at the top most of his career and won 2 grandfinals for that shit of a club.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That shit club is constantly in the top 8 because it is ruthless.
We should learn it.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Union guys are telling me that Suaali'i is all but signed.

Always a Bulldog
Suaali already activated his clause for 2024 so he can't sign until Nov 2023 with union for the 2025 season

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Unions a second tier sport in this country brother..they only get our scraps now. They almost went under having to pay out israel Folau
The only plus I see union has is that it's "more" international than league.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They have the World Cup money that’s about it..not sure the super rugby comp is even on tv..it probably gets similar ratings to nsw cup games lol
They even took it off Kayo and you have to subscribe to Stan to watch it. Most stupid move I've ever seen. Take a low watched sport and move it to a shitty streaming service that you have to pay extra for.

Fkn genius!

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've butchered our roster and changed coaches a shit tonne of times, and it still feels like we are on square one.
Its an ugly patch work quilt.
Cant see them finishing above bottom 3.
Dolphins signed better than us.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suaalii is the most overrated player in the comp. I don't get why so many slurp over him..
There are a few other high-profile players at present who are probably more overrated, but i agree Suaalii is up there ... very ordinary in the speed department.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plus he hits like a train too. Has great contact

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, keep the leagues best FB, or gamble on some kid with a bit of potential who is a money hungry whore ready to jump to union......
.He's a young bloke that sees massive $$$ and can't blame him.
But you also gotta earn respect. Wanting to bump Teddy who's done so much in the game.

Blackmail move man and I'd be saying jog on or stay and earrn it. Maybe beef up double and try NFL like Valentine. Just don't end up like Fatrell.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure the roosters can fit them both under their salary cap, I mean at one stage they could of had 2 state of origin halfbacks on their roster, one of which was going to play off the bench LOL, and the nrl didn’t even bat an eye lid, so I don’t see why they can’t keep both players! Plus I’m sure if they give up one of their reserve grade players, that will cover both of their salaries!