News Bulldogs 3 million dollar offer to matt burton

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying they change their defensive structure.. But after wasted crash plays and other dumb shit for two tackles by JMK, then a Tolman-esque run by Flanagan where he runs back into defenders and gets a 12 second play the ball, multiple extra defenders slide over to Burton knowing that they're going there and there's no threat on the right.

That scenario happened every second set all season. It's hard for any half to just come up with some magic after 3-4 wasted plays before that where the defense hasn't been tested or stretched and they're up in your face.
"Multiple extra defenders slide over to Burton knowing that they're going there and there's no threat on the right"

That just does not happen .... it would be football suicide. You can't have players sliding to the extent you are suggesting, no one would last 5 mins.

I was as high on Burton as you .... even predicted he would be Aust 5/8 within 18 months.

However as the season progressed he began showing some alarming traits in his game which in my opinion got worse as the season unfolded.

He even became a target in defense as edge backrowers charged straight at him knowing his arm tackles are ineffective .... think Briton Nikora.

He is about to paid like a superstar which quite frankly makes me nervous.
[/QUOTE]
Superstar 5/8s are making a lot more then 750k.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"Multiple extra defenders slide over to Burton knowing that they're going there and there's no threat on the right"

That just does not happen .... it would be football suicide. You can't have players sliding to the extent you are suggesting, no one would last 5 mins.

I was as high on Burton as you .... even predicted he would be Aust 5/8 within 18 months.

However as the season progressed he began showing some alarming traits in his game which in my opinion got worse as the season unfolded.

He even became a target in defense as edge backrowers charged straight at him knowing his arm tackles are ineffective .... think Briton Nikora.

He is about to paid like a superstar which quite frankly makes me nervous.

Superstar 5/8s are making a lot more then 750k.
No they're not, there's only 3 that earn more than 750k right now. Halfbacks and Fullbacks earn much more.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s right. You are.
Mate, you've just said almost half of the NRL's 5/8's earn 750k+, seriously think about that :tearsofjoy:

Munster, Wighton and Keary earn 750k+ while even premiership winning 5/8's like Walker and Luai earn less. 750k is top tier 5/8 money. The top couple of halfbacks, fullbacks, locks, props and backrowers earn more than 5/8's.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mate, you've just said almost half of the NRL's 5/8's earn 750k+, seriously think about that :tearsofjoy:

Munster, Wighton and Keary earn 750k+ while even premiership winning 5/8's like Walker and Luai earn less. 750k is top tier 5/8 money. The top couple of halfbacks, fullbacks, locks, props and backrowers earn more than 5/8's.
Mate I listed the names and the only one I can actually maybe question I got wrong is Moylan now as he re-signed last year and I forgot that. he was on like 900k or something before that…

The point is you are wrong. There are more than 3 on that money. You admit wighton, keary and Munster. If you think Luai and walker aren’t on that your on drugs. Also seriously think about what your saying. Your talking about what burton might be earning for 2024.

Walkers about to upgrade again… no doubt well above the figure of 750k. The moment dearden can he will to. Just like drinkwater did.

Let’s also throw in Luke brooks who has played 6 this year and brooks is on a lot more (shocking contract and 7 but still played 6).

Douehi would be on this kinda money next contract chance.

Brimson I dare say isn’t far off either already at titans.

Foran is probably close again next season and was all bar his bargain deal at manly.

Throw in blokes like a washed up Johnson eating up contracts like flopagun at 500kish with a bunch of other shit plodders.

Your off your head with your burton and averilo shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate I listed the names and the only one I can actually maybe question I got wrong is Moylan now as he re-signed last year and I forgot that. he was on like 900k or something before that…

The point is you are wrong. There are more than 3 on that money. You admit wighton, keary and Munster. If you think Luai and walker aren’t on that your on drugs.

Let’s also throw in Luke brooks who has played 6 this year and brooks is on a lot more (shocking contract and 7 but still played 6).

Douehi would be on this kinda money next contract chance.

Brimson I dare say isn’t far off either already at titans.

Foran is probably close again next season and was all bar his bargain deal at manly.

Throw in blokes like a washed up Johnson eating up contracts like flopagun at 500kish with a bunch of other shit plodders and the moment any of the cowboys blokes can get an upgrade e.g how drinkwater just did.

Your off your head with your burton and averilo shit.
Read this, this is literally the most reliable source we have in regards to salaries for this season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sm...-sheds-light-on-salaries-20220426-p5ag76.html