Opinion Averillo cooked

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He needs to get more involved in game and learn how to catch a high ball not first time he dropped a catch.
Sure, but he barely he's just over a month into playing fullback so i'm not sure what you expected. He doesn't need to learn how to catch because he already knows how to and has taken some good bombs. Just needs more experience doing so to develop consistency.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he has a lot to work on. We get no yardage from him and his support play in the middle is poor especially considering how many offloads we are getting away.
he’s shaky under the high ball and defensively inneffective
His support play is poor? Lol.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His support play is poor? Lol.
The guy should be getting his hands on the ball a lot more, especially considering how much we offload.
7 runs for 55 when we had nearly 15 offloads? Yep poor support play.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sure, but he barely he's just over a month into playing fullback so i'm not sure what you expected. He doesn't need to learn how to catch because he already knows how to and has taken some good bombs. Just needs more experience doing so to develop consistency.
That's the frustrating thing with him. Seems to be a concentration thing.. He often catches the hard ones like where Hess smashed him mid air but often drops the easier bombs where there's no one around him. Hopefully he fixes that with more reps at fullback and a full preseason there..

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should know how to catch a high ball and support when he is involved he can do something but is not enough look at Flanagan always there for big defensive offensive plays is everywhere.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The guy should be getting his hands on the ball a lot more, especially considering how much we offload.
7 runs for 55 when we had nearly 15 offloads? Yep poor support play.
His support play has been excellent, he has obviously been flat since his return from Covid but that's a terrible evaluation. 15 offloads? Yh and how many of them were actually good? Not many.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He should know how to catch a high ball and support when he is involved he can do something but is not enough look at Flanagan always there for big defensive offensive plays is everywhere.
Okay let's go play Flanagan at fullback and see how he goes defusing bombs and how he manages to perform while managing a fullbacks workload.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His support play has been excellent, he has obviously been flat since his return from Covid but that's a terrible evaluation. 15 offloads? Yh and how many of them were actually good? Not many.
Whats funny ? If you don't think Flanagan is putting in big efforts then your cracked.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whats funny ? If you don't think Flanagan is putting in big efforts then your cracked.
He's playing halfback, workload is totally different to fullback.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay let's go play Flanagan at fullback and see how he goes defusing bombs and how he manages to perform while managing a fullbacks workload.
I'm not saying Flanno is a fullback I'm just say he puts in big efforts and what avo needs to learn to do

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not saying Flanno is a fullback I'm just say he puts in big efforts and what avo needs to learn to do
So Jake isn't putting in any effort? You do realise the workload at fullback is totally different to that of a halfback?

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Jake isn't putting in any effort? You do realise the workload at fullback is totally different to that of a halfback?
Go watch todesco then watch avo big difference. Wad the same at 7.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He also has 6 tries to go with that too. He obviously has a lot of areas to work and improve on and he might not be the long-term answer but I think there's a lot of improvement in him once he gets a full preseason at fullback under his belt.
He is our long term fullback. A good offseason with heaps of Burton bombs for practice and more than anything encouraging him to play confident.

When he goes looking for the ball in support he is on another level. Hopefully Ciraldo works with him defensively and either Potter or someone like Slater is brought in to mentor him.