News Bulldogs still eyeing top 8 finish

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It would have to be parra 09 like. We can only afford one more loss

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As usual? They beat us easily the first time we played this year. The whole team has lifted and is playing with confidence. These wins were no fluke. This doesnt mean we are certainties to neat the sharts, but we are a chance for sure. Wouldnt that piss drunkfield off!!!
Parramatta have traditionally choked when they have expectation on them. This has been the case since the 90s.
Parramatta also lost to the tigers this year. So they lost twice to the teams coming last and second last. They followed that up both times with wins over Penrith or Melbourne.

On the tigers did we not touch them up in the last round last year when we were performing poorly? We've been poor for 5 years and still beat them in 5 games. They've been one of our main sources of wins in a period of poor performances.

I think we are a chance against the Sharks, and if we can win that I can't see why we can't win a few in a row after the bye.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A few weeks ago it was guaranteed we'd get back to back spoons, I'm just happy we now have a genuine chance to avoid this TBH.

I'd only be thinking about a possible top 8 finish if we can beat the Sharks, collect two points from the bye and then beat the Rabbits. Even then it will still be unlikely. Let's just hope our team is not thinking like TK members and get too far ahead of themselves cause it will only end in disappointment. One game at time and keep enjoying your footy is the way.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are more likely for the spoon
All we did was beat a Parramatta team that we all know loves a choke and touched up the tigers as usual. Let's win the next 5 games and bank the bye points first... we'd be cannon fodder for whomever we came up against in a game of substance
That's why Sharts and Souths are important, they are a "gateway" to the better team we still have to face like Cowboys, Eels and Manly.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We’re such a volatile bunch. Calm down - we’ve only won two on the trot.

But if we win this week, I am straight up buying GF tickets.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Parramatta have traditionally choked when they have expectation on them. This has been the case since the 90s.
Parramatta also lost to the tigers this year. So they lost twice to the teams coming last and second last.
Parra blew chance after chance against the tigers, they had the beating of tigers but shot themselves in the foot over and over again. Tigers were lucky to win and only won by 1 point

Meanwhile against us, Parra didn't do shit, we outplayed them.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Parramatta also lost to the tigers this year. So they lost twice to the teams coming last and second last. They followed that up both times with wins over Penrith or Melbourne.

On the tigers did we not touch them up in the last round last year when we were performing poorly? We've been poor for 5 years and still beat them in 5 games. They've been one of our main sources of wins in a period of poor performances.

I think we are a chance against the Sharks, and if we can win that I can't see why we can't win a few in a row after the bye.
Parra do have a habit of choking but they also see a lot of success on the back of their forwards. They have, arguably, the most brilliant individual forwards in the comp. The key to beating Parra is dominating their pack. We pummelled them from the start and they lost all their go-forward. Parra might not have had their best game but a lot of that had to do with how we handled them.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't happen - and even if scratch and claw to get there, we'll be out in week 1.

Just aim for continuous improvement to build for next year.
Unless we play Parra of course

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I dont disagree, but i actually think that we played parramatta out of that game with our defense. TPJ was on a mission!!
Tigers beat us in round 11 this year.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we are getting a little too far ahead of ourselves.. Nonetheless why not aim for the stars because you might just reach the the tops of the trees.. :blush:

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
again, if we win this week bro i will not be able to control myself. one can dream. just imagine

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think we are getting a little too far ahead of ourselves.. Nonetheless why not aim for the stars because you might just reach the the tops of the trees.. :blush:
It's just good to be even talking about the impossibility of Top 8 lol...a far cry from where we were at pre-Potter :grinning:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just good to be even talking about the impossibility of Top 8 lol...a far cry from where we were at pre-Potter :grinning:
You said it WD.. but you know..sorry for being negative..but it shows the weakness of a top 8 .. you could lose more than you win, but still make the finals!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You said it WD.. but you know..sorry for being negative..but it shows the weakness of a top 8 .. you could lose more than you win, but still make the finals!
Top 8 pretty much always been like that since Top 5 was scrapped.

It's a stepping stone for us is all lol.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's too early for top 8 talk. I'm just enjoying the fact that they've put two wins together, they're playing with confidence and are enjoying their footy..
Sure as shit some maybe many lol will arc up at the next hurdle we miss, so yes we should be happy but expect that maybe we drop a couple of games(sharks wont be easy good team when their on but inconsistent, ditto Souffs)on the run home but should win more than we lose from here on in.