News Bulldogs still eyeing top 8 finish

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Win next game and you can’t tell me we can’t do it. Two top 4 teams down in two weeks followed with a bye. Cronulla, eels, cowboys towards the back end has me unsure though all 3 will be fired up for a top 4 race. Never say never.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy we are playing better, team effort is great, and potter seems to have the boys enjoying their footy together, we won’t get the spoon. That’s a definite now. And if we made the finals it will be an amazing effort. Either way I’m proud of the last few weeks. Been great to watch as a blue an white blood :grinning: !!

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All these posts about making the 8, probably lose next two in a row

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm Just happy they are aiming for finals footy and not just to avoid the spoon.

If and when we beat the sharts and rabbitnos, our confidence and self belief will grow to a whole new level

IMO if Baz fucked off even 5 weeks earlier, we would probably already be in the top 8.... who knows where we would be if we booted him after last season.
All true but Baz was always getting a free pass for 2021 before we got any of the new players. So we can't say they should have sacked him then. Hindsight is 20/20

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
All these posts about making the 8, probably lose next two in a row
Big whoop if we don't make the 8 this year tbh.

People have forgotten how bad we were a few weeks back, and that we were heading for a second spoon in a row.

If we can play good, consistent footy for the remainder of the season I'll be happy. Making the 8 will be a bonus.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All true but Baz was always getting a free pass for 2021 before we got any of the new players. So we can't say they should have sacked him then. Hindsight is 20/20
Might be hindsight for most but a few of us on here didn't want him from the start because we knew he would fail like he has failed before.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had us finishing around 10th

If we make the top 8 it will feel like a GF after the first 12 weeks of this season ( let alone the last 5 seasons )

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just think about the Sharks at this stage. Finals are for next year maybe

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy we are playing better, team effort is great, and potter seems to have the boys enjoying their footy together, we won’t get the spoon. That’s a definite now. And if we made the finals it will be an amazing effort. Either way I’m proud of the last few weeks. Been great to watch as a blue an white blood :grinning: !!
What an amazing turnaround for the fans. A few weeks ago, I wasn't going to watch another game. While I don't expect them to win every game from now on, I can at least now see what Gus was alluding to when he said we are in a rebuilding stage. The results are slowly confirming Gus' long term plan.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure we'll make the finals but it's good to see the dogs set a higher goal for the team, instead of the usual "just show some effort"
Great post and aligns with the TBaz departure and Potters arrival - TBaz being content with players “trying hard” and Potter setting standards on NRL level expectations where “trying hard” is unacceptable, he mentioned this several times in the presser, he’s challenged them and let them play footy - turning point!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Finals or not, geez it’s good seeing the fans return in droves, those scenes against the Tigers post match where nearly all the fans hung around, the players did too… and that’s coming 13th! We’re the best fans in the NRL hands down.

There’s something in the air similar to when SBW, Asotasi, Utai, Maitua & Co. we’re coming through joining the established Omeley, Mason, Price, Ryan, Anasta, El-Magic and Shifty.

Similarly, we have guys like Kiraz, Averillo and Morrin breaking through, Kikau and Mahoney joining from next year too - the only way is up from here!

Last edited:

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now you guys know why the dogs won’t make the 8,if the teams above them win few games just makes it alot harder, example is knights and manly winning recently