News Bulldogs still eyeing top 8 finish

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too soon/overreaching at this stage..I'd be more believing we're a slim chance if we win our next two..because we then should definitely win the following couple against the Titans and Knights add 2 points for the bye then we're on 18 with 5 to play :grinning:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm Just happy they are aiming for finals footy and not just to avoid the spoon.

If and when we beat the sharts and rabbitnos, our confidence and self belief will grow to a whole new level

IMO if Baz fucked off even 5 weeks earlier, we would probably already be in the top 8.... who knows where we would be if we booted him after last season.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are more likely for the spoon
All we did was beat a Parramatta team that we all know loves a choke and touched up the tigers as usual. Let's win the next 5 games and bank the bye points first... we'd be cannon fodder for whomever we came up against in a game of substance

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the start of the season, I was hoping we'd be in finals contention at least with 2 or 3 rounds to go.

After watching out trial games, I knew we'd be in a shitfight to stay in contention at the halfway mark.

I was right after the trial form. It's up to the players to prove me wrong now. Hope they can keep it going....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are more likely for the spoon
All we did was beat a Parramatta team that we all know loves a choke and touched up the tigers as usual. Let's win the next 5 games and bank the bye points first... we'd be cannon fodder for whomever we came up against in a game of substance
As usual? They beat us easily the first time we played this year. The whole team has lifted and is playing with confidence. These wins were no fluke. This doesnt mean we are certainties to neat the sharts, but we are a chance for sure. Wouldnt that piss drunkfield off!!!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have no issue if the goals are realistic, if its possible to make the 8 and they have that midset I'm all for it. Wanting to win games can only be a good thing, you dont see the Panthers or Storm going out weekly wanting to lose a game and miss out on the 2 points.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way they will make the 8,already 8 point distance between dogs and the team coming 8th

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Won't happen - and even if scratch and claw to get there, we'll be out in week 1.

Just aim for continuous improvement to build for next year.