News 100% footy with Gus

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just like the media I have no idea who will be appointed head coach, knowing how the grubs at fuxtel operate, if a new coach was appointed right after the TB axing the the headline would be it was premeditated. And maybe it was....But those ***** would have a field day with it. Its not a good look while in the market place for quality players while in a rebuild phase.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maguire is a no for me.. Not a fan after seeing how he deals with the team and players.. He has struggled to bring the team together & his blowups dont have the desired effect..

Id take Flanagan over Maguire for sure..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Gus is praising Madge so openly then you can guarantee he won't be coaching us. Gus wouldn't say anything about Madge if he was being considered..

I still think Flanagan is Gus' first choice.. He's waited a while to make sure that Flanagan keeps his mouth shut and that he understands that he has no chance of getting hired unless Kyle is released or shipped off first.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t mind Maguire to be fair. He’s a hard nose **** who makes his players accountable. He’s just been lumped at the tigers where no matter who the coach is, shit won’t change.
And that's the problem with today's players. They can't handle a 'hard nose ****'. They get told to do ten push-ups they have a winge and go running to the board.

Today's coaches need to give players a hug and tell them how much they are loved before and after training and games. It's not Maguire that's the issue at tigers, it's the kids playing under him.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maguire had some good years with Souths. 3 years in the top 4, including the Premiership, and 1 in the top 8. The situation at the Tigpies isn't entirely a result of his coaching.
Don't know whether a full on hardnosed **** is what we need, though. Maguire's too far toward the other end of the spectrum from Best Bud Barrett. We need discipline but we also need a coach people want to play for. If Maguire comes in and we keep on losing, it'll fuck our retention and acquisition.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was actually saying that Gus is a hypocrite, without mentioning the word hypocrite.
All media are. 24hrs is a long time in media these days and they all try to stay relevant with BS a lot like politicians I guess.

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players not knowing who their boss will be next year isn't great for morale. Think of yourself at your job. If your boss got the punt, you would want to know ASAP who your new boss is.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan is who we should be going for
Apparently he is not the one, which was confirmed by his Fox League mates last night on 360.

Also, by Gus saying that he has had many referrals by people putting forward coaches names to him might explain the whole citing of Michael Ennis at the Belmore precinct last week.

Ennis is a big supporter of Flanagan and was no doubt pushing a case forward why Shane should be the one.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I still think Kristian Woolf is the best candidate aside from Flanagan. I'm hoping the reason he's never talked about in the media is because they have no clue and he's a genuine option.

But who the fuck knows what Gus is thinking.. It's frustrating for fans but this is why he talks so much shit in the media and contradicts himself so much.. To throw everyone off what is really happening..

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wish Gus would fuck off with his media duties and just shut the fuck up. Coaches and clubs do a good enough job of making themselves look bad, the media don't have to do anything to make them look bad. Gus is also one to talk about the media trying to influence opinions haha. Players are going to follow him out the door? Who cares, they're fucking 13th LOL. I swear to God if Gus fucks this up and we're still garbage next season I'm fucking done.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But who the fuck knows what Gus is thinking.. It's frustrating for fans but this is why he talks so much shit in the media and contradicts himself so much.. To throw everyone off what is really happening..
And that's what Gus wants and it's working a treat for him.... Confusion reigns supreme, media outlets are left in the dark and therefore come up with there own narrative and all Gus has to do is sit back and shoot them down...

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Madge is a good coach but could easily take a top 8 side all the way, unfortunately he’s not the coach that can take a bottom team all the way, he has the tigers fitter than us for sure. But they are not claiming the ladder, he’s not the coach to take us forward. We need a coach that can go from last to first.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At what point do the board get tired of Gould's bullshitting and media tart ways and start to try and reel him in, especially given they are reportedly paying him around the 800K mark per year?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At what point do the board get tired of Gould's bullshitting and media tart ways and start to try and reel him in, especially given they are reportedly paying him around the 800K mark per year?
he should hav been called in after his comment about not having thought about new coach

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got no doubt, Gus keeps them informed of the mind games he plays to make sure they have a unified front and no one is left holding there dicks when questioned by certain parts of the media...

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually wouldn’t mind Maguire to be fair. He’s a hard nose **** who makes his players accountable. He’s just been lumped at the tigers where no matter who the coach is, shit won’t change.
I have previously suggested something similar, what if
Flanagan Jnr & Thompson to the Tigpies.......Coach Flanagan Snr.
Hastings & Doueihi to the Dogs.........................Coach Maguire.
It will be a WIN WIN situation to all involved, they all get what they want !

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have previously suggested something similar, what if
Flanagan Jnr & Thompson to the Tigpies.......Coach Flanagan Snr.
Hastings & Doueihi to the Dogs.........................Coach Maguire.
It will be a WIN WIN situation to all involved, they all get what they want !
Hastings and Doueihi....I'd absolutely take that with Maguire.

Hastings at 7 , Douehi at fullback, both are big talkers on the field (which we lack), both are very good attacking players

With a spine of Douehi, Burton, Hastings , Mahoney we would be hitting the top 8 for sure

If there was any chance of this I'd be thrilled