News Bulldogs directors losing patience with struggling Barrett

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread yesterday Paul Green is an old fashioned hard arse coach. He is an assistant at the moment. The other is Flanno.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but I got a feeling Baz did that as a little clip to Averillo for answering the question at the mid week presser about his preferred playing position.

The kid answered honestly by saying Fullback or 6 - when maybe they expected a team first vanilla answer of "Anywhere to help the team".

He shouldn't have been punished just for his immaturity though.
He got dropped because he just isnt good enough. Didnt do it till the last minute so powder puff cocknballs wouldnt get pre match anxiety.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With his side consolidating themselves as the club to beat up on once again this season, Canterbury head coach Trent Barrett is said to be on thin ice with the board at Belmore.

Though the 15-time Kangaroo has routinely been backed by the Dogs' vocal GM, Phil Gould, reports of a board room fracture regarding Barrett's future with the Bulldogs could well spell bad news for the 44-year-old.

In the wake of his team's 16-6 loss at the hands of fellow strugglers Newcastle to commence Magic Round in the Sunshine State on Friday, the clouds surrounding both Barrett and the Bulldogs have only continued to grey.

And with Danny Weidler of The Sydney Morning Herald stressing that the fans in the stand have had a gutful of going backward, the man who has claimed just five wins from his 34 starts in blue and white could well be in for some administrative pain.

Since linking up with Canterbury ahead of the 2021 season, Barrett has overseen an overhaul of talent on his roster, however, the wins have continued to abate him, with just a pair of hard-fought victories over North Queensland and Sydney the steward's lot this season.

Though the likes of Matt Burton, Brent Naden, Tevita Pangai Juniorand Josh Addo-Carr have all donned Bulldogs jerseys this season, an inability to boost the club's win-loss ledger has caused widespread frustration.

And though players of Reed Mahoney and Viliame Kikau's ilk will also call Belmore home from next year, recent revelations of further roster shakeups have painted a picture of an impatient club still grappling for answers.

Weidler was willing to stress that Gould would continue to stand behind Barrett both publically and professionally, but with the board led by chairman John Khoury having parted company with Dean Pay and Steve Gorgallis across the past 24-months, a propensity for pulling triggers is known.

Barrett and the Bulldogs will earn their latest chance to make on-field amends when they face the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval next Friday night.

Should a third win for the season slip away from them then, a fixture that includes dates with the Panthers, Eels and Sharks before the bye may see final hooter bliss remain out of reach.
The heat is now starting to turn on and I'm liking it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As much as I rate him, Kiraz should not see FG as long as bad is here polluting the joint.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not right. way off the mark. Gus knows the state of play and the coaching decision will be made ; when the time is right & its not now. These stories come from disgruntled ousted former board members & their cronies to undermine the current administration- in particular Khoury’s chairmanship. Disappointing that individuals ego & power trips overtake their passion for the Club.
Why do you think its not the right time now? Club is on its knees

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve lost mine entirely how many more fucken years of bullshit do we need to experience, I’m geniunly restless and agitated when I think about this club. Nothings ever gotten to me like this bunch do.
Opposition fans love seeing us like this.. club has no idea how this effects the mental well-being of their fans.. shit is fucked

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing Phil is looking to bringing in a old school coach and a Assistant who will take over when the time is right, I haven't heard any names, Obviously the Penrith Assistant will be looking for a job soon as Cleary is there forever, but his not ready for this squad yet ?
It’s not an old school coach. He has a long history/relationship with Gus, many other obligations& is yet to commit.
Ciraldo categorically will not be at the Bulldogs next season; he has other more attractive offers but is in no hurry to move.
The problem is Gus; at the moment he’s our biggest asset but also a major liability in attracting a no nonsense experience coach willing to take Gus on.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing Phil is looking to bringing in a old school coach and a Assistant who will take over when the time is right, I haven't heard any names, Obviously the Penrith Assistant will be looking for a job soon as Cleary is there forever, but his not ready for this squad yet ?
We already have a Penrith assistant coach. Why would we need another one?