News Bulldogs directors losing patience with struggling Barrett

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wish I got intel like this. Where did you hear about it?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I heard Gus stating on TV a while back, that if you want a coach to build a club, there is no one better than Brian Smith.

He certainly had Saints and Parra flying at various times. Almost 60% win rate at both clubs.

Imagine having to like Brian Smith !
A Smith appointment would tip half the fans over the edge!

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call bullshit

Barrett is our man to deliver us to the promised land

Last edited:

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could go down a few ways
But never good to get dragged into the bosses office when stuff is bad.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Heard this roosters/eels match

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We appointed a GM at 1M to build our club.
We need a halfback , bring back mitchell pearce for 18months to steer us around the park

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Revelation; Bulldogs bowelbrokers [sic] pay homage to Trent's lip service

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Could go down a few ways
But never good to get dragged into the bosses office when stuff is bad.
What Drives me to think he is gone is that he won't be present at the meeting.

If he were to attend then I would lean towards his staff getting the boot.

PS thanks for beating the eels my bro!

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baz won’t be sacked during the season; the immediate pressure is on his coaching staff Ferris Sandercock, & the medical/ rehab team
I agree he won’t be sacked mid season. But any change to the coaching staff would make SweetFA difference imo. Barrett’s the main problem here.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THE SMOKE HAS BEGUN!!!

Don't be fooled into thinking that Gus didn't know about this story prior to Weidler writing it.

Weidler has been an absolute scumbag reporter to the Bulldogs for the previous 20 odd years & it aint no coincidence that his stance has changed ever since Gus arrived back in Belmore. In fact I cant remember any negative story by him about us since then which is totally unlike Weidler.

No matter what Gus comes out & says publicly, his job is to direct the football club toward success regardless who the coach is.

Gus knows better than anyone in the game & I'll use his famous quote - "Losing Is Bad For Business Baby", & it's his job to help reverse this.

He sees what we all see but I would say he sees it clearer than any of us, although publicly he aint gonna bag his own & I wouldn't want him to as it would portray us as a really shit club with really shit leadership.

Next question is why the story & why now?

Because unfortunately there is no papering over the cracks anymore, Barrett is clearly not up to the job of improving this team which was most evident in our deplorable effort V's the bottom placed Knights who a also travelling like busted arses.

By highlighting the frustration, disappointment & loss of patience by the board it gives explanation to what happens next - which let's all be honest & grown up about it, it is not nice when someone losses their job.

It effects not only the person getting sacked, but more importantly the loved ones around him - specifically his wife & children, & unfortunately unlike 99% of us this type of sacking happens in a very public domain which makes the hurt harder to deal with & especially for kids.

I also think that this will also be the hardest sacking for Gus as I honestly believe he does really like Baz, as well as being very tricky due to the fact that both Baz & Gus have the same manager.

Therefore, the media release when it does go down will be that this was a board decision and was out of Gus's control.

Gus will also tell us that he pleaded with the board to give Baz more time but their decision could not be overturned.

Gus will also tell us how effected he personally is by the decision & how he is personally providing support to Baz & his family to get through this very difficult time as well as support from the Bulldogs.

THE FIRE IS ON THE WAY!!!

The hardest part to this mess will be - JUST WHO THE HELL WILL COACH US NEXT - Craig Fitzgibbon would have been alright (sigh).
Papa Joe you have nailed it...
At this point of time I am only assuming tomorrows meeting is to sack TBaz considering when Gus stepped in that training session two weeks ago it was the writing on the wall, winning against the Rorters only delayed the inevitable.
The reality of the situation, people entrusted with running our club have an obligation to make the decisions, some very difficult ones at that.
As for who will coach us next, if it comes to that I hope he is very experienced and modern coach.
I am sick of experimenting with inexperienced coaches !!!