News Bulldogs directors losing patience with struggling Barrett

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m hearing its either Flanno Sr, Neil Henry Or Brian Smith.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Old school coach hey…

One of:
Flanno Snr
Kristian Woolf
Neil Henry
Geoff Toovey
John Cartwright
Rick Stone
Peter Sharpe

from that lot, Kristian Woolf - he’s a no-nonsense type, demands effort, has a good way of extracting the best from his players and would gladly put a rocket up the team where required - he’s got a great rapport with Pacific Islander players being the Tongan coach as has always got them to believe - Flanno Sr would be great too.

This has to be a very thought through decision, we just can’t F### this one up!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s what someone said on here previously. There won’t be alot of coaches out there putting there hands up cause gus is a hard man to work with.(well it’s what we have been led to believe). In all honesty I’d love nothing more then for Baz to succeed and we win game after game. Saves us the headache of yet another rebuild with a new coach. I’d even try a new coaching staff which is appointed by gus and board abd have Baz work with that.
But I highly doubt all that, he will either get the sack or given the next 2 rounds to get a couple of wins against tigers and dragons or he will be gone for sure.

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
John Morris???? His name hasn’t been spoken about…… I still agree I listened to James graham talking about kristian Woolf…. Getting 17 Tongans together making them believe and now they have beaten England, nz, aus and maintaining the winning culture at St. Helens possibly 4 years in a row

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hearing Phil is looking to bringing in a old school coach and a Assistant who will take over when the time is right, I haven't heard any names, Obviously the Penrith Assistant will be looking for a job soon as Cleary is there forever, but his not ready for this squad yet ?
Hi David

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian smith bring it
For what it's worth, I heard Gus stating on TV a while back, that if you want a coach to build a club, there is no one better than Brian Smith.

He certainly had Saints and Parra flying at various times. Almost 60% win rate at both clubs.

Imagine having to like Brian Smith !