Kyle Flanagan

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will be steering us to an upset victory against the Panthers
If we win against the panthers with Flamingo at the helm it will assure him the 7 for the rest of the year. It will also be a miracle.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh it was a ridiculous decision, Jake wasn't great but wasn't anywhere near as bad as people were trying to make out. Hooker is still the biggest problem like you mentioned, JMK has been making breaks and it looks good on paper but his service really is a killer. The only thing saving him is that we don't really have another option, BBO can't do the minutes and Cook apparently hasn't impressed much in reserves. At least hooker is addressed for next year..
No one in our team seems to be thinking more that two footsteps ahead. Far too often (i.e. multiple times a set) a player will get the ball and seem surprised they received it, with no idea what to do next. I get there's a lot f new faces, but its not like they haven't played FG before.

And dumb plays, so many dumb plays. I'm not sure there's enough on-field intelligence to orchestrate a field goal set without flitting off to the sideline and getting bundled into touch.

If they prove me wrong, I'll be a happy chappy.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh it was a ridiculous decision, Jake wasn't great but wasn't anywhere near as bad as people were trying to make out. Hooker is still the biggest problem like you mentioned, JMK has been making breaks and it looks good on paper but his service really is a killer. The only thing saving him is that we don't really have another option, BBO can't do the minutes and Cook apparently hasn't impressed much in reserves. At least hooker is addressed for next year..
Hey Mutt I agree. Pity next year is a long long way away.....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you reckon that JMK could turn into a ball playing lock for us next year ?

Baz seems to want that style of player but Jacko just isnt it. JMK isnt good enough to be a top class hooker but I reckon he could fill that role (similar to what Newcastle have done with Kurt Mann). Obviously he would have to bulk up but so did Mann.

Not sure where that leaves Jacko but he is killing us in that position.
I've mentioned this before but it's probably more down to curiosity and a lack of options rather than thinking he would actually be good there. I find it hard to trust him, seems way too hesitant in his decision making but also lacking in general awareness. He's a decent squad player and if the core of the squad is settled and well structured then he could do a job, same probably applies for most of our players though..

I think King is our best immediate option at lock. I'm not sure what the extent of his ball playing is but he looks to be able to throw a pass and appears to have good awareness so it's possible he could be that missing link? Has really doesn't have many weaknesses in his game more a middle forward other than availability...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Played 26 games in 3 years.
Bullshit, he payed 40 games for us in 3 years.

Which of course is not enough, but when he did play he was often the best on the field.

We finally fixed him mentally and physically and he played 25 games for Manly last season.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

In all honesty i still don't know why Averillo was dropped. 2 rounds is ridiculous, if anything JMK should've gone before him given the one stifling our attack is poor service at DH
JMK has been solid this year and was our best player against Brisbane. Avo got dropped because he has had the best part of a year to show he can play 7 and still doesn't look like a halfback's butthole.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@NSWCup
. Great win. Standouts were Hoffman who looks good in 2nd row, Flanno who's running more into the line & crisp passing plus big boot, Kiraz who while green has speed & Cook who seems to have cut the errors & looks like he'll challenge soon.

Flanno is pretty happy with that win. He should be with a strong display. Looked confident and his passing in attack was sharp. Not sure if FG yet but definitely with more like this is knocking on the door

Also Lumelume who is most likely the one who's most ready out of the wingers/centres to make the jump to FG. Tough in defence, wasn't caught in field too often & especially in FG attacked well.
Thanks for the info mate, I don’t get a chance to watch these often and it’s good to hear some positive things about our Reggie’s.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Which of course is not enough, but when he did play he was often the best on the field.

We finally fixed him mentally and physically and he played 25 games for Manly last season.

Always a Bulldog
Yeah theres a few fibs thrown around when his names brought up.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
If we did so much for him, you'd think he would have shown some appreciation by signing a shorter term contract. He used our club, just like Des, Cleal and T Rex. It's a Manly thing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Didn't you want to sign Brandon Smith? If JMK is a KFC drive thru window, Smith is Hungry Jacks... Lol

JMK's service is fine....AVO just sucks and Wakeham is a 6. I'd have our backline running like a well oiled machine.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did you not watch him last year ?!?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No there wasn't but there was the absolute worst one and that was Flannagan. I cannot believe anyone would want to replace Averillo with Flannagan
The haven’t so what is your point?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The haven’t so what is your point?
My point is we should stick with what our team has been training for all preseason not drop Averillo after 2 rounds, and that if we were to consider changing Averillo that Flannagan should be the absolute last option because he is the worst option to have there

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't you want to sign Brandon Smith? If JMK is a KFC drive thru window, Smith is Hungry Jacks... Lol

JMK's service is fine....AVO just sucks and Wakeham is a 6. I'd have our backline running like a well oiled machine.
jmk’s service is only fine if you don’t support the dogs.
It’s slow and clunky