Kyle Flanagan

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still don't know why people think Flannagan is the answer.

While i don't really agree with dropping Averillo so early on for the Manly match for all intents and purposes the reason Wakeham was promoted was because he was the one making things happen in NSW Cup and not Flannagan.

Flannagan's skillset is so limited it's almost embarrassing. He can kick goals, he can throw an inside pass to a forward and he can kick the ball out on the full on the 1st/2nd/3rd tackle. I don't know where people get the idea he is anything better than what we have now, he was by far and away the worst half we had last year so he doesn't have the excuse of playing behind a poor team because every other half showed something more than him.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

While i don't really agree with dropping Averillo so early on for the Manly match for all intents and purposes the reason Wakeham was promoted was because he was the one making things happen in NSW Cup and not Flannagan.

Flannagan's skillset is so limited it's almost embarrassing. He can kick goals, he can throw an inside pass to a forward and he can kick the ball out on the full on the 1st/2nd/3rd tackle. I don't know where people get the idea he is anything better than what we have now, he was by far and away the worst half we had last year so he doesn't have the excuse of playing behind a poor team because every other half showed something more than him.
The fans don't think he is the answer, master coach is the one who signed him and got rid of Foran.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fans don't think he is the answer, master coach is the one who signed him and got rid of Foran.
Foran hardly played more than 3 games in a row for us. He was never our answer. He has been relatively injury free since heading back to manly, however if he played for us I'm sure he would have missed a bunch more games

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit, he has always played the style that the coach has wanted him to. I have been watching him play for over 10 years, Aquinas is my local team, and he has fitted into the style that the coach at the time has required.

Always a Bulldog
>"Bullshit, he has always played the style that the coach has wanted him to"
What utter nonsense. Here you go defending your future immortal Flanno again. If Flanno ALWAYS played the style asked by his coach as you alleged explain why did Robinson sack him at the Chooks? You must know more about coaching than Robinson. Despite our club having dud HB such as Avo and Wakeham, why is Flanno still not in first grade? Because he was playing the style that Baz wanted him to? Poor Flanno must be the victim and he's actually a gun HB because according to you he has never failed to play the style of HB his coaches wanted him to.
You are diving into Nasheed territory.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Apparently Flanagan has been as good and he's fresh off a motm performance with 2 try assists. He also took charge on monday and racked up like 20+ extra possessions with Wakeham gone....sooo he could be back soon :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

did you watch the reserve grade game last week that wakeham apparently killed it?
the break he made the defender was called offside so he simply strolled through to set up the try. Yes he put a good grubber through for a try but not much else and it was reserve grade against a shit canberra side.
TB shit his pants and should have not made a change for last week and it cost us a win and the worst performance of the season

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Was there a good half last year. They have all
Been shit for long time and the one that got the most games out of them all was averillo. He did nothing to keep his spot so he has been given the flick. Should’ve happened long time ago

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
>"Bullshit, he has always played the style that the coach has wanted him to"
What utter nonsense. Here you go defending your future immortal Flanno again. If Flanno ALWAYS played the style asked by his coach as you alleged explain why did Robinson sack him at the Chooks? You must know more about coaching than Robinson. Despite our club having dud HB such as Avo and Wakeham, why is Flanno still not in first grade? Because he was playing the style that Baz wanted him to? Poor Flanno must be the victim and he's actually a gun HB because according to you he has never failed to play the style of HB his coaches wanted him to.
You are diving into Nasheed territory.
I’m sorry that you have a problem reading and understanding what I actually wrote. Playing to the coaches style doesn’t also mean playing well and that was his issue. He was playing badly and suffered the consequences, which I put down to confidence, not a lack of ability to play the way the respective coaches wanted him to play. He’s currently doing OK in NSW Cup and hopefully rebuilding confidence, playing the style that the coaching staff want him to. Whether that’s good enough to earn a return to NRL that’s up to the coaching staff, not you and most certainly not me.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I’m sorry that you have a problem reading and understanding what I actually wrote. Playing to the coaches style doesn’t also mean playing well and that was his issue. He was playing badly and suffered the consequences, which I put down to confidence, not a lack of ability to play the way the respective coaches wanted him to play. He’s currently doing OK in NSW Cup and hopefully rebuilding confidence, playing the style that the coaching staff want him to. Whether that’s good enough to earn a return to NRL that’s up to the coaching staff, not you and most certainly not me.

Always a Bulldog
Yep where he should be until he forces a change cause he is playing the house down. No point bringing someone into first grade unless they have either their confidence up. From watching last weeks Mounties game, he is trying but not really showing the confidence of someone who is asking questions if they should be called up.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same Foran that is a crock and Manly are 1-2 with their great win being a 1 point win over us with our kicker missing 2 easy goals...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Flanagan has been as good and he's fresh off a motm performance with 2 try assists. He also took charge on monday and racked up like 20+ extra possessions with Wakeham gone....sooo he could be back soon :tearsofjoy:
Its not his turn yet..

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people saying that Flanagan hasn't done enough to be in front of the others halves. What other halves? We are attempting to play 2 five eights and a centre in the number 7 and wondering why it's turning to sh!t.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are people saying that Flanagan hasn't done enough to be in front of the others halves. What other halves? We are attempting to play 2 five eights and a centre in the number 7 and wondering why it's turning to sh!t.
Why do all of you forget how bad he was last season? Trent was literally sucking him off in the presser before the season yet Flanagan couldn't manage to do the bare minimum to keep him happy. If Flanagan did the bare minimum he never would've lost his role in the first place.