Phil Gould on Recruitment

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
townsend is rubbish mate, past it, no pace got nothing imo, hence why the sharks let him go early last year and didnt re sign him
I can’t believe cowboys paid that reported price for him.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
payton has fucked his whole cap around the slowest half in the comp matched with the second slowest half in deirdon, who is also massively over rated. it was a shocking decision to buy townsend on $800, not worth half that
Wow mate we are on completely different pages lol. You reckon Deardon is a dud? I reckon he is the closest thing to a Cronk/Keary.... Kid is a superstar in waiting in my opinion and he was a gun the other night, u sure u watched the game? I see a break out year for the kid..

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have been told there will be a Half coming to the Dogs either signed by June 30, or on loan, but very likely in 23 at no time will the decision be rushed in picking a halfback ,Pearce was in talks but decided the Nrl was to demanding and opted for France, Flanagan won't last the season, either England or a settlement payment will be given to him, But remember folks 8 pts off 2nd last place in 21 where not good, this is going to take time ,Luke Thompson will go back to England at seasons end so alot of changes to come
That's a long sentence.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have been told there will be a Half coming to the Dogs either signed by June 30, or on loan, but very likely in 23 at no time will the decision be rushed in picking a halfback ,Pearce was in talks but decided the Nrl was to demanding and opted for France, Flanagan won't last the season, either England or a settlement payment will be given to him, But remember folks 8 pts off 2nd last place in 21 where not good, this is going to take time ,Luke Thompson will go back to England at seasons end so alot of changes to come
That's a long sentence.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wow mate we are on completely different pages lol. You reckon Deardon is a dud? I reckon he is the closest thing to a Cronk/Keary.... Kid is a superstar in waiting in my opinion and he was a gun the other night, u sure u watched the game? I see a break out year for the kid..
thats why the broncos flicked him, most over rated junior i have seen in a long time. No speed no vision no kicking game, fucked he would crucified on here

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks to Hasler using him as a bettering ram..
Wasnt he playing on an edge with Des? Showed some decent glimpses under Pay but the last two years he got absolutely milked especially when Klemmer left and he was left to carry the load alone.

Was pretty sad to see the bloke on his haunches so early in the game after trying to make up for his mistake... Maybe blowing out the cobwebs but it just aint Jacko to look like an old man.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
thats why the broncos flicked him, most over rated junior i have seen in a long time. No speed no vision no kicking game, fucked he would crucified on here
Broncos are a rabble just like the dogs tbh...

Anyways well chat later about this one too... Cowboys halves have some kennel pressure on them now lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hes gunna be in the team this year, where would you have him?

I don't like him at lock.

Also I've gone off Thompson lol, he has a decent game last trial but yeah he's a bit meh.

Having Vaughn, Thommo and Jackson starting middles seems too small.
You have to stick him on the edge and get TPJ into the middle, though that still isn't ideal. It doesn't help that Baz creates more problems they he solves, **** is fucking clueless.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dearden?
Geez.... he'd be in the Flanagan category wouldnt he?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is that the only game from Dearden you’ve seen?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dearden?
Geez.... he'd be in the Flanagan category wouldnt he?
Has had a rough couple of years but believe the kid has the talent to excel. Had a very decent game the other night.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is that the only game from Dearden you’ve seen?
Lol the only one! As I just said the kid had a rough couple of years jumping into first grade being a teenager and all in two rubbish teams but good chance he will come good.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to stick him on the edge and get TPJ into the middle, though that still isn't ideal. It doesn't help that Baz creates more problems they he solves, **** is fucking clueless.
He fcuked up our 30 plain and simple... Not enough backrowers with skill in this team. Doorey and RFM injured dont help but even those too are hard running clueless ****** probably best suited to the middle too.