News Bulldogs’ brutal season start; Cowboys (R1), Broncos (R2), Manly (R3), Storm (R4), Panthers (R5), Rabbitohs (R6)

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough draw. Every team we play finished ahead of us in 21...
At least it's only Melbourne and Roosters once I guess. Also glad we have Wests and NQ twice in that lot too. Knights twice wont too bad either considering the team they've got and the likelihood that they'll lose Pearce. Broncos twice as well will be interesting, I don't think they'll be world beaters but will be better for having Reynolds there. I'd like to think we can match it with them and possibly beat them.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 years from 3 we lose a home game to magic round yet brisbane get to play it as an away game every year absolute joke
12 home games in total taking into account one in Magic Round and another in Bundaberg...Would've preferred the regional game taken to Belmore instead and have 2 games there instead of a 'home' game in Bundaberg against the Cowboys. Seems stupid for the club to do that to be honest

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only 4 games on free to air tv what a joke.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From rounds 7-12 we play Brisbane, Roosters, Canberra, Tigers, Newcastle and Saints.. Does anyone want to complain about how tough that part of the schedule is?

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Queens bday dragons game canned? So many 6pm Friday games what a joke

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
12 home games in total taking into account one in Magic Round and another in Bundaberg...Would've preferred the regional game taken to Belmore instead and have 2 games there instead of a 'home' game in Bundaberg against the Cowboys. Seems stupid for the club to do that to be honest
Considering we have hardly been able to go to home games (and when we have it’s hardly worth watching) for a couple of years would’ve been good if we had a year off the regional game but it’s all money for the club I guess

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 4 games on free to air tv what a joke.
Should be 6 on free to air?

Rd 4 v Storm Sun 4pm
Rd 6 v Souths Fri 4pm (Good Friday game)
Rd 7 v Brisbane Fri 8pm
Rd 13 v Penrith Fri 8pm
Rd 14 v Eels Mon 4pm (Mon public holiday)
Rd 15 v Wests Sun 4pm

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm OK with it. The round 3-6 part of the draw is tough no doubt. We play Manly and Storm away from home back to back, followed by the defending champs and the annual ass raping by the refs on a Good Friday against the bunnies. If we come out of the first 6 games with 3 wins I'll be absolutely cheering (even 2 is something to build on). On the plus side, the fact our first 5 are on a Sunday means there's no short turnarounds and team should hopefully be up for it to kick off the season.

Can't wait for round 12 against the Dragons at Belmore. I really wish we had 1 or 2 more games there. I know our form on that ground has been horrid these past few years but this is a new team. It's an opportunity to re-establish it as a tough place for opposition teams to play.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs home split ️

Stadium Australia:
Brisbane
Syd Roosters
Parramatta
South Sydney
Manly

Commbank:
Penrith
Wests Tigers
Cronulla
Gold Coast

Belmore:
St George Illawarra

Suncorp:
Newcastle

Bundaberg:
North Qld

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs home split ️

Stadium Australia:
Brisbane
Syd Roosters
Parramatta
South Sydney
Manly

Commbank:
Penrith
Wests Tigers
Cronulla
Gold Coast

Belmore:
St George Illawarra

Suncorp:
Newcastle

Bundaberg:
North Qld

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see us recovering from a bad start, it's the last thing we need after the past few seasons.
Yeah I dunno. It was always going to take a little while for our new team to gel. They will improve week to week I would hope. I think he needs the season with the new team barring a season like this year then he has to go earlier

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Win the first two but struggle on the other ones might jag the Manly game on a good day

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Queens bday dragons game canned? So many 6pm Friday games what a joke
Yeah most people have buckley's of watching a 6pm game after work on a friday - especially if they have kids etc. Mostly late Sunday games and early Friday games is a bit of a stitch up to be honest compared to a team like souths who get the TV slots.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD, the NRL sure looks after Melbourne and the Donkeys.

Five of Melbourne's first seven rounds are at AAMI Park. Is this the NRL helping Melbourne knowing that cracks are appearing everywhere in their "culture", with Munster and NAS the headliners and the Dolphins about to steal their major source of players.

Seven of the Donkey's first 10 games will be played in Brisbane. Is this the NRL helping the Donkeys knowing that the Dolphins are on the move and about to make big signings in what used to be exclusive Donkeys and Melbourne recruiting territory.

Always a Bulldog