Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Weird. While id hate to lose him, hes been great, i dont get why being contracted for next 2 seasons isnt enough. Who is going to offer longer than that with a forward? He isn't going to get more money elsewhere either, so i don't get it. If he keeps playing like he has he will have no problem being extended when the right time comes. Sounds like he might have a dick of a manager looking for a quick commission.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been a hallmark of Gould’s style getting rid of players who outplay their contracts and replacing them with juniors but god I hope it’s not true he’s our best week in week out and has seemed to really settle in this year

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Anderson, Hill and Pay have left some massive contracts on overs to clean up…..
Just remember this spoony, Our current chairman was outvoted 6-1 on most things when the Andersons were on the board.

I can’t believe I supported those clowns in the beginning of their tenure. Not so much Pay as his hands were tied.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Assuming there’s any truth to it I think the sticking point is he worth $850k? With his judiciary record and his position I would probably say no. Whatever happens I trust the process with the current admin in place.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just remember this spoony, Our current chairman was outvoted 6-1 on most things when the Andersons were on the board.

I can’t believe I supported those clowns in the beginning of their tenure. Not so much Pay as his hands were tied.
Thankfully we are in a much better place in the boardroom with JK having a much bigger say!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Assuming there’s any truth to it I think the sticking point is he worth $850k? With his judiciary record and his position I would probably say no. Whatever happens I trust the process with the current admin in place.
Is he on 850k? They (the DT) said 725k a month ago. He's worth the latter to us.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one ever knows what they are actually but even at $725k I think he’s on overs.
Exactly

For $750k and over you need to be influencing the result. Thommo stands out because the rest of the squad is shit. His manager is trying to cash in.

Gus knows you can’t have a prop on $850k but there is no way we would chip in $350k freight.

And fuck you previous management. $800k for a bloke who had never played in the NRL. The mind boggles

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly

For $750k and over you need to be influencing the result. Thommo stands out because the rest of the squad is shit. His manager is trying to cash in.

Gus knows you can’t have a prop on $850k but there is no way we would chip in $350k freight.

And fuck you previous management. $800k for a bloke who had never played in the NRL. The mind boggles
Pretty sure Gus was at the Panthers when they gave RCG his 5 year $4m+ deal..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly

I was fuming at the time we signed him but Thompson's played better than what I thought he would. If he's actually on 850k that's just way too much tho (I can live with 725k with how he's been playing, but money would of been better off spent in the spine).

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly

I tried telling you the other day don't be surprised if Gus shops him.

Last edited: