Luke Thompson consolidated thread

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's the last forward we should be releasing. I'd be mad enough if the club let him go but paying freight for him to play elsewhere would send me over the edge.

Renegotiate a longer deal but at a lower annual salary based on long term job security and judiciary record.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think everyone rates him highly here, he definitely one of Best Buy that’s based on potential, if he can play the same way as he did against sharks he is worth 850k. Consistency is his problem

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally think he's worth 725k (NRL Rich 100 list, it's interesting they're now reverting back to the 850k figure and they're the same publishers...) to us where we're right now. I also wouldn't be paying 1 cent for another club to take him.
That’s y I don’t read that telecrap rubbish,when he signed on they stated $750k a year,now because it suits them they advertising him $850k,don’t believe anything news Ltd print.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I like him an agile prop he gets better every time he plays. If he wants an extension why not sign him up for unders 600k per year

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly don’t believe anytning from this article.

John Khoury & Gus should tell his manager if you ever call again we will block your mf number.

NRL should introduce rules that no manager is to approach any player/club for more money and if have found so then blocking of their agent license. Only time this can happen is if the players club gives permission to do so. E.g Moses mybe leaving to dragons

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this isn’t true.... he is a gun and around these other players coming in he could turn into the best prop in the game
Imagine a few years under his belt with a top coach and top system, would be fair to say he’d be very likely be the best prop in the world. I think Baz is the worse coach the NRL has seen in a long time and we are literally at a record breaking low point so I’d be furious to see him go, even if we didn’t pay a cent. Under Bellamy (my opinion) he’d quite possibly surpass Haas and JFH who are marquee players.
If he was firing at Bellamy like levels I wouldn’t even care if we had him around the 850k mark.
Could certainly live with 750k on her books and 100k third party. He’s been very good in a team that look like they have no idea.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s pretty fucked his manager is already in his ear considering this is only his 2nd year of a 4 year deal. Isn’t one of Thompson’s mates on here? Maybe he can shed some light?

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys, it’s the DT. They (Buzz) don’t know anything, so they make shit up. I have zero confidence there’s any substance to this.

For arguments sake, let’s assume there is substance to it. He’s with us for next year - that’s his agreement. No play, no pay. If he wants to move on after that, that’s his prerogative. But no chance the Dogs chip in to be rid of him next year. It’s laughable.