Luke Thompson consolidated thread

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is similar to the Cotric contract, it was signing a player at all costs to prove they could attract talent.
They couldn't sign players without paying overs but ffs they needed to do it in the spine (and DWZ isn't a fullback...) If we had guns at fullback, hooker, etc. I think it'd be different times right now.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How are they clearing the decks for Smith by signing another hooker.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What ever happens, we pay NO freight and I can live with it. $850k is a good chunk of coin to go into a 9,7,1 of superstar status. But I do love Thommo, love for him to stay and lead us into the finals, top 4, and eventual premiership.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They couldn't sign players without paying overs but ffs they needed to do it in the spine (and DWZ isn't a fullback...) If we had guns at fullback, hooker, etc. I think it'd be different times right now.
I agree with you that they (previous admin) couldn't, I think this is where people like Gus can attract players more easily. Whether Barrett can coach that talent time will tell. Having said that Barrett has also tied up money in players like Allen that is really wasted.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson is happy to stay for the money his on. His Manager is in his ear saying go cash in now before it’s too late. Dogs aren’t willing to play this game any player is replaceable. There’s only two forwards that are worth anywhere near that much. Payne hass and maybe fisher Harris.
Personally I wouldn’t pay any middle forward more than $800k. That money is solely for spine players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with you that they (previous admin) couldn't, I think this is where people like Gus can attract players more easily. Whether Barrett can coach that talent time will tell. Having said that Barrett has also tied up money in players like Allen that is really wasted.
This is where Gus will earn his money. Thankfully he has the sway and footy smarts to make bad deals go away a lot easier than the old admin.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who wants any of those players? It is what it is. We can't just go back into salary cap hell.

Gus said the other day that our biggest problem is we have too many 400-600K players who just aren't that good that should be min wage or thereabouts trying to make there mark. We just were so bad we overpaid for a load of crap.
Spot on

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being shopped by his manager not the club, is that even allowed. I would be sorry to see him go he’s actually a first grader and we have so many others that aren’t