Hoppa/Dufty swap

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Seeing as Dufty has no other clubs interested, if he does ok, he will cost fuck all to re-sign since he doesn't want to go to England.
He might go to the UK if the offer is $200k more, say, $350k compared to the local ("fuck all") offer of, say, $150k. Who wouldn't go to the UK for $200k more, even if he didn't want to? Personally I'd take the $350k and give the "fuck off" to whoever offered the $150k.

Always a Bulldog

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve personally seen enough at the Dragons. Plus I’m told he has an attitude problem and that’s why he’s being cut from Kogarah. We don’t need to add to our problems, we have enough of them!
I get that, but what is there to lose for 10 rounds?

Tell him there's a contract and spot available if his attitude and performance on both sides of the ball meet a certain criteria. Stranger things have happened then a guy go to a new club and perform when his career is on the line.

I'm also realistic and don't believe he'll fix his defence and alleged attitude problems, I just know what we have in Hopoate - a non factor in attack and a defensive liability who's leaving this year.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Duffy, fuckin seriously. Get fuckin Poasa Faamausili or even Brayden Williame

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no swap
WHy do people want Dufty????

This isn't your standard st george signing we usually get right like Morris or Holdsworth.. this is a genuine st george DISCARD

Read this, tell me why you'd sign him

Him and Elliott in the same team we're already starting each game down between 18-24 points

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BULLDOGS TARGET UNWANTED DRAGONS NO.1 IN SWAP DEAL
Canterbury are reportedly considering a potential swap deal that would see Will Hopoate go to the Dragons and Matt Dufty head the other way.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Bulldogs have discussed the swap deal with the Dragons that could eventuate as early as this season.
Dufty was linked to the Broncos and the Raiders and toured the Canberra facilities before Brisbane ruled themselves out of the race and the Green Machine’s interest cooled.
Dufty was also linked to a move to the Super League, but his preference is to stay in Australia after being told he is not in the Dragons’ plans beyond 2021.

Matt Dufty could join the Bulldogs this season.
Matt Dufty could join the Bulldogs this season.Source: Supplied
You ask all the former or current coaches, what is the only gift or talent you can't teach and they will all answer speed
3 great examples
Lockyer...One of the greats of the modern game couldn't defend if life depended on it.
Damien Cook...St George Steelers didn't want him because of his defence, come to us but DES-stroyer didn't use him then gave him the flick look at him now.
Tim Brasher...One of the worst defender I have ever seen in his early days became one of the best full for Australia.
I believe that at a fair price like Cook Dufty is worth the gamble !!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only positive I can see in a Dufty signing is if you look at the recent fines being 10% of salary he wouldn’t be on much. Further to that he has minimal interest from other clubs it seems so we’d probably get him at a steal and he could be used as a back up/ competition for spots. His on less than Hoppa so the savings could be used to further front load. You could always argue to upgrade a young guy and that wouldn’t be necessarily wrong.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Baz is done as coach in my eyes if he signs Dufty. We literally just had him express his disappointment @ our lot that broke Covid protocol yet he will go and sign a REJECT that just done the exact same thing at another club? Wtf? This is Baz @ Manly all over again.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz is done as coach in my eyes if he signs Dufty. We literally just had him express his disappointment @ our lot that broke Covid protocol yet he will go and sign a REJECT that just done the exact same thing at another club? Wtf? This is Baz @ Manly all over again.
If board and coach are United it needs to be a joint decision. I don’t think it’s solely Baz’s call. And hoping they collectively squash this. Hoppa is trash if just put him in reggies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I get that, but what is there to lose for 10 rounds?

Tell him there's a contract and spot available if his attitude and performance on both sides of the ball meet a certain criteria. Stranger things have happened then a guy go to a new club and perform when his career is on the line.

I'm also realistic and don't believe he'll fix his defence and alleged attitude problems, I just know what we have in Hopoate - a non factor in attack and a defensive liability who's leaving this year.
Referring to my original post the same thing happened with Lafai last year and that came to nothing. Our season is done irrespective, it’s not like making a short term change might give us a chance of a push into the 8. I say focus on the bigger picture / longer term and I don’t see Dufty as part of that. Appreciate you see it differently though, all good.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He lost me by picking Napa this week. Baz has been so confusing with some of his decisions, selections and tactics that it's hard to have confidence in him.