Hoppa/Dufty swap

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOGS TARGET UNWANTED DRAGONS NO.1 IN SWAP DEAL
Canterbury are reportedly considering a potential swap deal that would see Will Hopoate go to the Dragons and Matt Dufty head the other way.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Bulldogs have discussed the swap deal with the Dragons that could eventuate as early as this season.
Dufty was linked to the Broncos and the Raiders and toured the Canberra facilities before Brisbane ruled themselves out of the race and the Green Machine’s interest cooled.
Dufty was also linked to a move to the Super League, but his preference is to stay in Australia after being told he is not in the Dragons’ plans beyond 2021.

Matt Dufty could join the Bulldogs this season.
Matt Dufty could join the Bulldogs this season.Source: Supplied

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Happy to see dufty traded for hoppa hopefully just for the rest of the season. Let’s see what he can do to demand another deal.

Dude can at least attack. Defence is shit.

Hoppa is just shit at both.

Pangai is a must. We fuck that up watch our next extension news be Napa pounding a poodle.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOGS TARGET UNWANTED DRAGONS NO.1 IN SWAP DEAL
Canterbury are reportedly considering a potential swap deal that would see Will Hopoate go to the Dragons and Matt Dufty head the other way.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Bulldogs have discussed the swap deal with the Dragons that could eventuate as early as this season.
Dufty was linked to the Broncos and the Raiders and toured the Canberra facilities before Brisbane ruled themselves out of the race and the Green Machine’s interest cooled.
Dufty was also linked to a move to the Super League, but his preference is to stay in Australia after being told he is not in the Dragons’ plans beyond 2021.

Matt Dufty could join the Bulldogs this season.
Matt Dufty could join the Bulldogs this season.Source: Supplied

TIGERS BACK IN THE RACE FOR UNWANTED BRONCOS STAR

Despite ruling themselves out of the hunt for Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr, the Tigers are back battling the Bulldogs for his signature.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Tigers contacted Pangai’s management on Thursday to reopen discussions with the out of favour Broncos star.

The Tigers’ stunning backflip came after chairman Lee Hagipantelis said the club were going in a different direction with their recruitment.

Pangai Jr was told by the Broncos that he is no longer in their plans for 2022 and beyond before the club did a stunning backflip of their own on he and Matt Lodge.

However Lodge moved to the Warriors shortly after and Pangai Jr is set to follow him out the door with the Bulldogs considered the favourites to land him, despite the Tigers’ late play.

The Bulldogs have reportedly offered a three-year deal worth $2.1 million for Pangai Jr, but it remains to be seen how much the Broncos are willing to chip in for the remainder of his Brisbane deal which expires next year.

However the Tigers are willing to take him on immediately while the Bulldogs want to wait for next year.
Fucking tigers, didn't they just sign Sua, another team with a sombrero

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd rather not sign Dufty and instead play JAC at fullback. Dufty is shit.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes
Happy to see dufty traded for hoppa hopefully just for the rest of the season. Let’s see what he can do to demand another deal.

Dude can at least attack. Defence is shit.

Hoppa is just shit at both.

Pangai is a must. We fuck that up watch our next extension news be Napa pounding a poodle.
Yes I've gone off Dufty a bit too but I'm REALLY f..king off Hopa so I'd swap him for just about anyone because he's f..king useless. Dufty might be useless in defence but at least he can attack. After a 66-0 scoreline obviously all our guys are hopeless in defence anyway. Best form of defence can be attack sometimes. Dufty and TPJ for the rest of this season would be nice to see. If the Dragons are silly enough to do this deal do it quick before they realise how stupid they are.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dufty switch is apparently only for the rest of the year since he isn't contracted beyond this year anyway. He will be keen to make an impression and a case for a new contract. Hoppa has been woeful and I really don't want to get the spoon so I'm up for trying something new.

Seeing as Dufty has no other clubs interested, if he does ok, he will cost fuck all to re-sign since he doesn't want to go to England.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We literally cannot release another outside back unless it's a swap.
Okonbur is back next week and I’d rather use Manu again rather than bring in Dufty especially when these deals usually result in the player getting a extra year or two on their deal.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dufty switch is apparently only for the rest of the year since he isn't contracted beyond this year anyway. He will be keen to make an impression and a case for a new contract. Hoppa has been woeful and I really don't want to get the spoon so I'm up for trying something new.

Seeing as Dufty has no other clubs interested, if he does ok, he will cost fuck all to re-sign since he doesn't want to go to England.
Great deal for us definitely worth trying and can't hurt trying, nothing to lose.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can see it already.....
The kennel right now - Dufty is shit.
The kennel as soon as Dufty sets up 2 try's and scores another 2 himself - best signing ever, he's exactly what we needed.
That one game in two years he plays, done sweet fa since the Broncos game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
That one game in two years he plays, done sweet fa since the Broncos game.
One of the few players in the NRL we've been able to counter/game plan for.