Hoppa/Dufty swap

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Great Post, At last someone who can see and explain all the positives on having a speedster attacking player in our team & at a great price, I agree with you 100% and once all these negative posters on the kennel see what a difference Dufty will make to our attack they will be pleasantly surprised, And Yes he will look great in Blue & White. Come on BAZ make it happen.. Great Post " Dogtime "
Also agree. You rely on the defence of your frontline, not fullback. So long as he communicates and directs the line in front of him well, and his positional play is good, I am all for Duffy.

We see week after week the value of well thrown cut-out passes and he can throw them! He can get around his man and create overlaps. Don’t over think it - just sign him! He will come at a good price too.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lol just a hypothetical but it’s a good thing his facing a suspension for the house party incident also having the bye this week , knowing the kind of shit luck were in atm , imagine duffy plays during negotiations and like kills gets MOM 3 games in a row u can see his manger in a new suit already and rubbing his hands together across the business table .
I say now the ball is in our court , so the people in charge there at the dogs get it done already what’s the delay get it done while he’s value is still in the cheapie stage at least for this season ,, while everyone still has it in there heads that Duffester is nothing but a park footballer at best , which I totally don’t agree let’s not wait a bit longer for him to only kill it , just seems that these days if a player strings a few good games in a row they get labelled superstar status next we pay overs for what we can get now at peanut prices for once act fast dogs especially when it’s in our favour currently

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least this guy can run 5km home. Pretty sure most in our squad would be gassed at the 1km mark
Yeah our guys are like French & Itallian tanks....better & more used to going in reverse........ perhaps if they tried the 5km running backwards.....

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baz is done as coach in my eyes if he signs Dufty. We literally just had him express his disappointment @ our lot that broke Covid protocol yet he will go and sign a REJECT that just done the exact same thing at another club? Wtf? This is Baz @ Manly all over again.
Are you ever happy about a contract or player?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was watching Avo at training the yesterday... Wow man the kid moves well, he has that Cherry-Evans gliding run in him.
Since this is a dufty thread, calling it how I see it, Dufty is a better option at FB than Avo.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why do they think Hoppa has any value to swap lol … these journalists don’t watch the footy at all

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like less than half the time. Us running last justifies my opinion? No?
Your not happy about the Broncos signing Haas to a long term deal. Even when we sign good players you seem to complain about the price (JAC). I have not seen you say that’s a reasonable contract to anyone’s deal. But I could be wrong I don’t read all your posts:grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your not happy about the Broncos signing Haas to a long term deal. Even when we sign good players you seem to complain about the price (JAC). I have not seen you say that’s a reasonable contract to anyone’s deal. But I could be wrong I don’t read all your posts:grinning:
There isn't a single player in the league that I'd sign for 10 years, literally all the risk is with the club. JAC is a winger, you know just like Cotric who we signed the season before on a massive contract. We've got so many issues to solve and we're spending millions on wingers...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since this is a dufty thread, calling it how I see it, Dufty is a better option at FB than Avo.
Oh no doubt as Dufty is a seasoned FB and Im happy we are going in that direction as we need spark outside of the halves. Though I am looking ahead, with BBO and Burton on the cards over the next couple of years and it would be brilliant if Avo could move to FB and we keep them all.

Last edited:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Baz is done as coach in my eyes if he signs Dufty. We literally just had him express his disappointment @ our lot that broke Covid protocol yet he will go and sign a REJECT that just done the exact same thing at another club? Wtf? This is Baz @ Manly all over again.
Give yourself an uppercut. Then take a Bex and go lie down. The protocols applied here are bullshit as long as the players were the only ones at the party. They are in a fucken bubble together...they train play sing team song when they win, jump on each other, hug and kiss each other so wtf can't they all celebrate a win together? The fact this is a so called breach shows not the intelligence of the NRL or yourself but rather the overreach of the masters of spin peddling alarmist claptrap covid bullshit. They are in a bubble...so they can sit in the dressing sheds for 8 hours and have beers together so again wtf couldn't they go to one of the players houses?They are LIKE FAMILY so where's the problem?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty is not shit. He has speed to burn. With a bit of work on his defence he can be a top 5 fullback. Much better than the crap we currently have:

Not sure I believe that. If that was the case surely some club would have snapped him up by now. He’s unwanted because his deficiencies far outweigh his attacking quality. You can’t just score tries, you need to be able to stop them too. Premierships are won based on defence more than they are on attack. He’s being kicked out of the Dragons remember, not Melbourne or Penrith