Hoppa/Dufty swap

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same shit, Dufty comes cheaper..
Dufty will be useful in attack as he can lurk around for 2nd phrase plays and finish with his speed. He can also set up tries using his speed. His defense isn't that great but he is an upgrade from Meaney and Hopoate.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dufty will be useful in attack as he can lurk around for 2nd phrase plays and finish with his speed. He can also set up tries using his speed. His defense isn't that great but he is an upgrade from Meaney and Hopoate.
Give the guy 18 months until we sort shit out... Though cant believe Avo isnt getting a run there before any discussions with Dufty.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Jack Welsby will be St Helens fullback now Lachlan Coote is off to Hull KR. Some people have mentioned Saints as a likely destination... One red V to another perhaps
Welsby pls

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly put 66-0 on us and your worried about a guys defence? Are you clowns serious? Dufty is a fun guy to be around....just ask his teammates and with our attack being poorer than a family of church mice he's a positive. His positioning in attack and support play is second to none. His ability to provide a link between halves and outside backs would be potent. He could potentially play FB or be more on the ball at 5/8 with Burton as half and Averillo FB maybe next year. I think he's misunderstood and Hook just couldn't get through to him.
There's no doubt we need a top drawer defensive coach next season. Furner just isn't working out. Whoever the new guy is, he can teach Dufty defensive positional play as well as the rest of the squad.
The games St George have done well in this season, playing expansive football have all been on the back of Dufty injecting himself into the play.
He's fit he's as quick as lightning and I'm a fan.
Get him here this year Trent then put something together for him going forward because I have confidence he could spark our attack...and I know he'd look good in blue and white.
Great Post, At last someone who can see and explain all the positives on having a speedster attacking player in our team & at a great price, I agree with you 100% and once all these negative posters on the kennel see what a difference Dufty will make to our attack they will be pleasantly surprised, And Yes he will look great in Blue & White. Come on BAZ make it happen.. Great Post " Dogtime "

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have dufty play the last 7 games for dogs and see if he can earn a contract for next year.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The sad part that isnt funny is jmk is not far off the best