Hoppa/Dufty swap

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure TB being an ex dragon player with contacts inside the club he would have full knowledge on Duftys reputation. Its Barrett's neck on the line with what ever decision he makes.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what contacts would he have inside the club? he signed for the enemy in Cronulla, everyone who was at the club when he was playing at the Dragons has left including the board and CEO at the time, SO what contacts would he have at the club LOL... the mascot?

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not against it if it's a trial run for the rest of the year and we aren't locked into a longer deal . Anything that can help us avoid the spoon I'll take it

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Dufty switch is apparently only for the rest of the year since he isn't contracted beyond this year anyway. He will be keen to make an impression and a case for a new contract. Hoppa has been woeful and I really don't want to get the spoon so I'm up for trying something new.

Seeing as Dufty has no other clubs interested, if he does ok, he will cost fuck all to re-sign since he doesn't want to go to England.
I'm not sure if Jack Welsby will be St Helens fullback now Lachlan Coote is off to Hull KR. Some people have mentioned Saints as a likely destination... One red V to another perhaps

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lol Barba had way way more talent than Dufty will ever have. Defence can be taught when you have courage, not when you’re scared of contact.

There is a reason why he hasn’t been picked up by another club yet. For all his attacking genius the other side of the game called defence is non existent. I could name you at least 5 or 6 clubs that could do with a better fullback… but no one seems interested.. doesn’t that tell you something?
That they're sheep? Either too lazy to coach a player on how to defend or don't think they can. Do you think Bellamy cares when he grabs average players and makes them solid and part of a team. Barba was a raw bench player with speed until he was taught defence. He was fukin useless in defence and couldn't catch a ball.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Déjà Vu of Tim Lafai 2020.
What exactly would be the point?

Hoppa is off contract regardless.
Just let him go in 8 weeks.
Getting a short term look at him

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like the swap to be honest.But if it was for this year, Wont he miss games from showing up at the party?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont really know why we are having this discussion. JAC will be the fullback.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we demand signings! next minute na hes shit ... :yum:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We literally cannot release another outside back unless it's a swap.
Is there some reason why we can't release one player to Club A and sign a player from Club B?

Always a Bulldog