Opinion Action needs to be taken against Penrith immediately

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The funny thing is, if the idiots at Penrith had just re-signed him instead of paying overs for the overrated Crichton, we wouldn’t have landed him in the first place. And if we hadn’t pushed Penrith to release him early, he probably would have gone straight back to reggies after covering for Cleary for that one game. Penrith are the authors of their own misfortune.

I think their roster depth is all Gus’s doing, tbh. A few more shocking recruitment decisions and they won’t be on top for long.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just Penrith stirring shit up even if Burton asks us to terminate his contract we just say no but I doubt he will seems like a good kid
With our track record we will agree to the release and pay most of his contract for Penrith. We are a club who loves to give. Just so selfless we are.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Silly play to get us to back off further recruiting chances at Penrith

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
interesting, guess we will see what happens next.!!

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Breaking a contract when you aren’t getting a run and rotting in reserve grade is a bit different to getting the opportunity to start in the position you want weekly.
Oh and for 5 times the $$$
Spot on! There is no way the panthers could even afford to keep him if they were to match what we will be paying him without exceeding the salary cap, Nathan alone is on 1 mil per season.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waste of time and energy worrying about a back-flip. Panthers can make as much noise as they want but at he's got a contract to play for us in 2022 so that's the end of the story.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know we don’t need to but If I was dogs management I would be looking to top up Burton’s contract by an extra $100-150k per season and sign him up for another 2 years.

It would be a gesture of good faith from our club to burton and realistically is what he would probably be able to get on the market today (he could probably get more to be honest). Any second thoughts burton has would quickly disappear. We want the kid to be happy he is our future!

Plus it would put a stop the distraction of Penrith trying to get him to break his contract bcos they just wouldn’t be able to come close to that offer!
Lol you think burton would be willing to sign an extension to his contract from now. .
He will back himself and then see whether he still wants to be at the club and demand the big bucks

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The shit **** trying to save face so he doesn't look like the dumbest fuck in the league for letting Burton go.
There's going to be more of this for Penrith, as their rising talent find themselves in the bottleneck for first grade, while the stars hog all the positions.
They knew Burton was good, but not as good as their two halves, so were prepared to let him go "so he could develop". They didn't realise how versatile he is, and that he can play anywhere in the backs, or at lock. Now they have regrets.

There will be other youngsters in their ranks like Burton, and they will want to have a crack at the top. Penrith's problem will be the contracts for their stars coming up for negotiation. They will have to pay overs, meaning they will be forced to let good players go, or breach the cap.

Could create bad blood for them in the future when their fans watch their future stars go to other clubs.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The funny thing is, if the idiots at Penrith had just re-signed him instead of paying overs for the overrated Crichton, we wouldn’t have landed him in the first place. And if we hadn’t pushed Penrith to release him early, he probably would have gone straight back to reggies after covering for Cleary for that one game. Penrith are the authors of their own misfortune.

I think their roster depth is all Gus’s doing, tbh. A few more shocking recruitment decisions and they won’t be on top for long.
No the actual funny thing is Fletcher isn't connected to recruiting so to come and and speak on it means he's going rogue like an idiot.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it 2 weeks ago he was having second thoughts penrith will move on 2 players to keep him and. Upgrade him or match what we paid him. They will let naden go for sure.
The only draw card to us is a definite start in the 6 but he is a gun centre too

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's going to be more of this for Penrith, as their rising talent find themselves in the bottleneck for first grade, while the stars hog all the positions.
They knew Burton was good, but not as good as their two halves, so were prepared to let him go "so he could develop". They didn't realise how versatile he is, and that he can play anywhere in the backs, or at lock. Now they have regrets.

There will be other youngsters in their ranks like Burton, and they will want to have a crack at the top. Penrith's problem will be the contracts for their stars coming up for negotiation. They will have to pay overs, meaning they will be forced to let good players go, or breach the cap.

Could create bad blood for them in the future when their fans watch their future stars go to other clubs.
And this Bozo Fletcher highlighting the fact they didn't recognise Matt's extraordinary talents, and allowed him to be signed elsewhere, will come back to bite him.

He is burying himself and their whole management team by bringing the clubs pettiness and unprofessional attitude to the fore.

They need to deal with the fact that this will indeed happen a lot more, if they have outstanding juniors coming through who want to play first grade.

Fletcher big fail.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said it 2 weeks ago he was having second thoughts penrith will move on 2 players to keep him and. Upgrade him or match what we paid him. They will let naden go for sure.
The only draw card to us is a definite start in the 6 but he is a gun centre too
Yep the good ol butcher your roster to keep one player trick. It sure worked well for us didn't it?? Oh well if that's the case, I can see one big legal battle happening.