News Matt Burton Walking Into Dogs Breakfast

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
HaHa
Didn’t I post saying burton will back flip and someone said the media will jump on it
Im pretty sure everyone watching the dogs play would think he is having regrets!

Malla

Reaction score
He can't backflip unless the Bulldogs agree and that's not gonna happen.

Malla

Reaction score
LOL pretty sure Burton knew what he was signing and how bad we would be . Because we are coming last or havent won a game isnt that the reason why you sign quality to improve your roster ?
Burton is young and wants to play in his best position because in three year he's pay packet will double and he may play representative league not because a team is coming last or hasnt scored points.
Pretty much.

I would say the rumours are coming from Penrith, nobody else.

I bet Penrith feel they made a mistake letting Burton go. He's only played a handful of games and you can see he's a way better player than Luai.

They are in a position we were in with JT actually.. had 3 great halves playing awesome footy and a young and coming bloke who has the potential to be better than both. It will come back to bite Penrith and I cannot wait for the days when Burton is running rings around the comp in a blue and white jersey.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok, so what happens then? He plays in their reserve team next year for less money?

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Dubbo Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
The rumours are coming from anyone who can add two and two together. They see us getting flogged weekly, scoring zero and they see Matt playing a man of the match game against the Premiers. It's not hard.
There'd be more halves coming through at Penrith, they offered Matt what they were willing to pay.
...and Burton already a better player than Luai? No.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nobody is saying it is possible but shooting people for repeating the rumour is like not speaking about valdermort because you don't want him to be real. Following the Dogs however I've learnt that nothing is impossible, I never would have thought we'd let our Junior and kangaroo prop walk mid contract or let CHN go to Canberra without any compensation with they were courting him whilst still ours. If the rumours are true about Burton and his family having the shits with his name being dragged through the media by someone associated with the club and refusing to take any calls from the said person it does worry me that as a club we have a big problem.
What the hell are these rumours and where do they come from? They're competely unsubstantiated. Again, the NRL would have to enforce the contract and he couldn't play anywhere else for two seasons unless he played for us or we agreed to get players from his new club in return as compensation. Why would our club not make him honour the deal?

So I refuse to entertain it because it's not happening and is just more media bullshit to talk negatively about the club and create baseless sensationalist headlines that people stupidly fall for without thinking about the facts..

Four weeks ago he was desperate to join us, now he wants to back out? Doesn’t make much sense does it?

Malla

Reaction score
The rumours are coming from anyone who can add two and two together. They see us getting flogged weekly, scoring zero and they see Matt playing a man of the match game against the Premiers. It's not hard.
There'd be more halves coming through at Penrith, they offered Matt what they were willing to pay.
...and Burton already a better player than Luai? No.
Not at this present time... but he will be much better than Luai and potentially Cleary too the thick jawed dog of a ****

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, someone explain why he was a good kid who didn't demand a release from Penrith even though he wanted to join us, but now four weeks later he's a diva who has all of these demands?

Why would he refuse a deal for double the money and the opportunity to work under Barrett who obviously influenced his decision to sign with us in the first place just so he can play out of position in the centres at Penrith or at lock for half the money? It's all nonsense.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not at this present time... but he will be much better than Luai and potentially Cleary too the thick jawed dog of a ****
I think he's already better than Luai and not far off Cleary. The three games he's played with Luai, he's been the dominant half and best player on the field for either team. He's a great talent and people need to just be happy he's all ours next year.

People are so negative on here they can't even allow themselves to enjoy that much!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty much.

I bet Penrith feel they made a mistake letting Burton go. He's only played a handful of games and you can see he's a way better player than Luai.

They are in a position we were in with JT actually.. had 3 great halves playing awesome footy and a young and coming bloke who has the potential to be better than both. It will come back to bite Penrith and I cannot wait for the days when Burton is running rings around the comp in a blue and white jersey.
Spot on Malla, I've said the same myself. That this will be their Thurston situation and we did to Penrith what stupid Dogs Management/Nth Qld did to us all of those years ago with Thursto..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be assured, Burton will be here next year unless the club releases him from his contract and if that happens ( it wont ) They should all be sacked !!!
Be optimistic :grinning: I can report that a newly reformed alliance with an influential figure has led that person to call reporters from The Daily Tellacrap asking them to ease off The Bulldogs !
It might sound good but to me it sounds as if the Bulldogs have suddenly become protected species :tearsofjoy: LOL

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Be assured, Burton will be here next year unless the club releases him from his contract and if that happens ( it wont ) They should all be sacked !!!
Be optimistic :grinning: I can report that a newly reformed alliance with an influential figure has led that person to call reporters from The Daily Tellacrap asking them to ease off The Bulldogs !
It might sound good but to me it sounds as if the Bulldogs have suddenly become protected species :tearsofjoy: LOL
Who is that, Malcolm Noad?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When's the laying off starting?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much.

If Penrith want OUR Burton back we can do a player swap with Kikau... lol