Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're taking the piss right..? Ponga and brimson were both injured. Speed is not everything but allens not a quick outside back thats for sure
Meaney is really quick. But plenty on here complain that he's not powerful enough. R. Smith was quick, people complained he was too lazy. Not many players have every attribute in abundance. But despite many lacking something they can more than make up for it in other ways. I'll give Allan the chance to impress before whinging he's a dud signing. He may flop, he may provide some great moments. Won't know until he's had a chance.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
They called him Concrete Boots at Souths but I'm sure that had nothing to do with his pace lol. I actually think he is reasonably quick and moves quite well.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs@NRL_Bulldogs

"He is a very confident footballer and a very confident fullback." -

@PhilGould15

on our newest recruit. #proudtobeabulldog

RJ@RJ_Goodthings

Replying to
@NRL_Bulldogs and @PhilGould15

Hopefully he continues to grow and add a bit of spark to our backline. Offers a lot of promise.

Anti Complacency League
@michaelaxe

Replying to

If this is the guy who played #1 late in the rabbitohs season; including the smashing of the chooks. He's S.O.O material. Well done dogs.

Faustino Rossi

@4orty6ix

He played SOO this year

James Godriguez de la Ecuadorrrrr!
@JohnNg93

Replying to

I’ll be cheering on the ‘Dogs in 2021 from the UK and South America!

Ajunga@Ajunga4

Replying to @NRL_Bulldogs and @PhilGould15

Huge if true

@sourrpink
·
Replying to @NRL_Bulldogs and
@PhilGould15
He so hot pipe me

Snow88mann@Mann88Snow
Replying to @NRL_Bulldogs and
@PhilGould15

Good signing, strange but good. I assume Hoppa now leaves after this

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are far more better off with Allan wearing the number 1 jersey this season than not.

Baz is the fkn man

Players see our club as serious destination not the laughing stock of the league (as per the past 5 seasons)

We are fkn back in the big league lads /lasses

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Good signing, strange but good. I assume Hoppa now leaves after this
Did you miss the memo where Hopoate is reverting back to his rightful position as centre after filling in at fullback.

Go Dogs

Morris1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Meaney is really quick. But plenty on here complain that he's not powerful enough. R. Smith was quick, people complained he was too lazy. Not many players have every attribute in abundance. But despite many lacking something they can more than make up for it in other ways. I'll give Allan the chance to impress before whinging he's a dud signing. He may flop, he may provide some great moments. Won't know un
til he's had a chance.
Yeah I honestly think avo takes his spot in 21 or 22

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allen will be on $450k a season, Souffs will pay $200k next year...that's $380k a season.
Not bad for an origin players that can cover 3 positions fullback, center and wing.
I will always lol@Souffs. But just for a moment, lets reflect on the circumstances of Allan and Burton. Both are stuck behind someone in their favoured position, both have other clubs who would take them in a heartbeat and start them. Allan is released without hesitation, and indeed Souffs have been proactive and telling him he can look elsewhere, they don't want to hold him back. Sure he isn't on minimum, but he wasn't on the big money, and given they are also helping with some of his freight this is not a move by them designed to clear up a bunch of capspace. They've done the better thing for Rugby league.

Now look at Penriff. They are holding back a guy who is ready to start, and would go straight into the starting lineup of at least 5 or 6 NRL teams, including ours. I reckon if Gould was still in charge over there Burton would have been released, he gets it, has his eye on the bigger picture of the game as a whole. Ivan though, well look at his track record, especially what he did to Wests. I wonder if this is why he and Gould don't seem to like each other much.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Vlasnik didn't say it.....Mann88Snow Replying to @NRL_Bulldogs and @PhilGould15 did!!!!
Hoppa off contract end of 2021 anyway.
I know he’s only 29 at the end of this year and he’s been a good servant for us, but I’m struggling to see him being re-signed. Granted it could depend on who else is targeted for 2022.