Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was carrying the ball.......theres your answer. you obviously never played rugby league.
Not so obvious at all Ant - oops mate you’d be mistaken there buddy. Let’s focus on the positives mate and hope the guy goes well.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just watched extended highlights from the roosters v rabbitohs game. And Allen had a pretty good game! Always there In support, running onto offloads.
1 try (would of been two but he gifted 1 to Johnston in goal), 2 try assists, 2 line breaks, 2 line break assists, 180+ running metres. Was one of their best that game along with walker.
What we have been missing since barba is the constant support play. Keen to see him do that this year!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was Luke patten fast,no.Greg Inglis,faster than patten,but still no speed freak,speed is not all that’s required in the modern game,a good passing yes,reading attacking plays,well this guy fits the bill,&400k u guys are hard to please
I hope you’re right and he is as good as those 2 you mentioned. If you dont have speed as an advantage, then you need to be a special player like the 2 you mentioned. Again, maybe he is. I’m really hoping I am wrong, honestly I am. I want him to kill it for us, and I’d rather my Dogs be a top 4 team again over me being correct anyday!

Just a little cautious that’s all. The last 2 guys I was ranting on here about as soon as we signed them were Napa and DWZ.... I never ever wanted either of them. DWZ always had feet for hands at Penrith, and Napa... well, we were doing desperate acts to try to feel good about Klemmer dogging us.

as always though, just an opinion. Go the Doggies

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes not that slow lol. He got run down by Reimis and King who btw clocked a faster top speed than Cook. Big deal

Then apparently he got got run down by Morris. No he didn't, Morris had the angle pushing him out so Allan slowed down. Never mind that, how about the kick he put in?

People are exaggerating how "slow" he is.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is Meaney really 187cm and 90kg? i.e the same build as Corey Allan? doesnt look it but i could be wrong...
He looked a little bigger in the team photo. Kid will slowly grow as he's a hard worker, just needs time and patience from everyone around him wether it be at Canterbury or elsewhere.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you like Barrett but disagree that Cory Allen is more important to us than Mansour would be. So you question Barrett's ability to pick up the talent we need. Allen wouldn't be coming to us unless Barrett rated him. BTW Barrett had had 6 weeks of pre season training, watching Wakeham, Averillo, Meaney and the rest of our squad, THEN chooses Allen as a good purchase...and for 3 years. I put my faith in our coach. The negative comments rubbishing our new coaches signings does nothing but cause conflict and dissension. For goodness sake support our coach as he tries to rebuild our roster. After a year, judge him on who he bought over and how those players performed and how the Club performed. Don't white ant him NOW.
Shut the fuck up. Where did I say Mansour is more important to us? Read ****.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope you’re right and he is as good as those 2 you mentioned. If you dont have speed as an advantage, then you need to be a special player like the 2 you mentioned. Again, maybe he is. I’m really hoping I am wrong, honestly I am. I want him to kill it for us, and I’d rather my Dogs be a top 4 team again over me being correct anyday!

Just a little cautious that’s all. The last 2 guys I was ranting on here about as soon as we signed them were Napa and DWZ.... I never ever wanted either of them. DWZ always had feet for hands at Penrith, and Napa... well, we were doing desperate acts to try to feel good about Klemmer dogging us.

as always though, just an opinion. Go the Doggies
I am a die hard dogs fan but I can’t believe your putting Inglis and patten on the same level, calling them special players hahaha

mate come on

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Big bodies at the back
All with talent
Recipe for success in the modern game
Need a Hooker and big name forward signing for 22
Top 8 2021
Top 4 2022
Topine to debut in 21
Alamoti to debut in 23 and take the NRL by storm
Who knows from there but the window is pushing open

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Sure, but you dont need to be on the wing to score that try (He was playing in the centres).
He is not big enough, strong enough or tough enough yet to be taking those hard carries out of our own territory and wouldnt be a target for attacking bombs on their line.

I'm not complaining! It's great to see players want to come and play for us now, such a pleasant change!

Yep, did the same thing in Origin with Val Homes. He would have had 3 try assists instead of 1 if Homes could catch the ball.
He’s already over 90kg he looks better then Tedesco did at this point of his career. Keep him in first grade he can be anything

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This season slowly getting better by the day. Hopefully tomorrow we get some good signing news, it is Wednesday after all. We’d still have the cash to bring one of Burton or JAC over early, don’t think both unless we release someone. We got 1 or 2 spots left?

fro

Waterboy
Reaction score
It still makes me very angry that Freddy didn't pick Paps in Origin this year. I mean who doesn't pick the standout player of the year??? Could've been the difference me thinks.
He did pick him in origin he had a muscle strain and pulled out

fro

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hes not that slow lol. He got run down by Reimis and King who btw clocked a faster top speed than Cook. Big deal

Then apparently he got got run down by Morris. No he didn't, Morris had the angle pushing him out so Allan slowed down. Never mind that, how about the kick he put in?

It’s good that T Baz is coach and not all the professionals on here, he must see something in the guy to get him here

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Meaney really 187cm and 90kg? i.e the same build as Corey Allan? doesnt look it but i could be wrong...
I've got no reason to not believe what his profile says. But they do look like they've got completely different builds.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only one that isn't happy about this signing?

Not having a whinge, just a meh signing.
It is a bit bro but I’m thinking he’s going to be a valuable utility. He’ll play fullback if Avo is not ready, he can fill in on the wing if Avo kicks on at FB or play centre if we move on Hoppa or have injuries. We have signed plenty worse I reckon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Because people are exaggerating how fast he is.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one that isn't happy about this signing?

Not having a whinge, just a meh signing.
Personally I haven't seen him play. But seems well regarded by a few South's fans. Has made origin (maybe not a big deal since mbye has too) and is young enough to still shape his game. Not overly excited. But at least he isn't a 26yo that never really cracked it as more than depth like a few outside backs Hasler signed to slot in as regulars for us.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This signing most likely means Hoppa will be moved on in 2022 which I’m not to unhappy about. Don’t get me wrong I’ve been a huge fan of Hoppa and he has been great for us but he’s preferred position by his own admission is FB and he isn’t getting any younger either. Maybe he can rejoin Des & Foran for another year or two at Manly.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corey Allan needed just one meeting with Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett to convince him to quit South Sydney and try his luck at nailing down the Canterbury No.1 jersey.

Allan met Barrett last Wednesday, accepted a three-year deal on Thursday, informed his Souths teammates of the news on Friday before eventually locating Belmore on his map to begin life as a Bulldog on Monday.
The 22-year-old, who was cut loose by Wayne Bennett at Brisbane, was given the supercoach's blessing this time to join the Dogs due to the depth in the outside backs at Redfern.

Allan knew he would have struggled to bump Latrell Mitchell from the Souths' No.1 jersey, and will give it his all to nail down the Canterbury custodian role, a position Will Hopoate has had to keep returning to in recent years.

Allan's departure will pave the way for Penrith flyer Josh Mansour to sign a two-year deal at Souths by the end of the week. There was a report on Monday that Souths were keen to swoop on Wests Tigers favourite David Nofoaluma, but the preference is former Souths junior Mansour.
After completing his first session at Canterbury on a balmy summer's day, Allan told the Herald he was immediately won over by Barrett.
"It all happened in the space of about four days,'' Allan said. "I got a call from my manager Sam [Ayoub] on the Tuesday, I met 'Baz' on the Wednesday, and I told the Souths boys on the Friday.

"Baz said he really wanted to have me, he knew he could improve my game and how it was a good opportunity for me. I felt he was being really genuine. He's quite involved, he's young, excited and I'm intrigued to see what happens.

"Obviously I want to play fullback, that's my goal. I won't be too picky about where I play, but I am most comfortable [at fullback].
"Wayne wants the best for his players, he's always been good to me. He told me the truth, he said Latrell is here, I deserve to be playing first grade, and if I can find somewhere else he'll happily release me because he wants the best for me.''

Allan, who made his Maroons debut late last year, still struggles getting around Sydney and almost got lost heading to the south-western suburbs.

He made a point of not thinking about where he was going to fit into Bennett's back-line plans. Mitchell, Campbell Graham, Alex Johnston, Dane Gagai, Braidon Burns, Steven Marsters and even Tautau Moga are all on the payroll.

Allan was understood to be on about $350,000 this year, and received an upgrade at the Dogs.

Barrett's strike rate at nailing down players has continued. Allan joins Kyle Flanagan, Nick Cotric and Jack Hetherington, along with Josh Addo-Carr who arrives in 2022.CD3B5C14-255C-41D7-89C5-4E5090A2399F.jpeg455C41C5-8B63-49DB-91B0-7BD4DA1144F9.jpeg