Official Club Update Videos

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For those who may have missed it, some club updates:

1) Andrew Hill + John Khoury talk preparations, the forthcoming draw (due 26 November) and game venues for 2021:

2) Baz provides an update from the first three days of pre-season:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

1) Andrew Hill + John Khoury talk preparations, the forthcoming draw (due 26 November) and game venues for 2021:

Cheers mate. Really appreciate it!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good is seeing Barrett grab the players off the ground that are having a breather and telling them to keep going
Yeah. Loved when they put their hands on their knees or whatever and he pulled them up and told them to keep going. Awesome

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really wasn't sold on Barrett to begin with but he's doing everything right so far and I'm fuckin pumped for next season. I've said it before but geez it's nice to have a coach with good communication skills.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wish we did more video content, as well as making them longer (the Barrett interview could of been 10 minutes easy, so much to talk about). Even when Zap "reviews" the game they're lucky to be a couple of minutes long. Anyways, I wasn't the keenest replacing Pay with Barrett, but he's definitely brought me around now and I'm glad we did it now.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wish we did more video content, as well as making them longer (the Barrett interview could of been 10 minutes easy, so much to talk about). Even when Zap "reviews" the game they're lucky to be a couple of minutes long. Anyways, I wasn't the keenest replacing Pay with Barrett, but he's definitely brought me around now and I'm glad we did it now.
I guess it's the whole 3 mins max attention for videos thing? Idk. Personally would've really have enjoyed hearing from Barrett a lot longer.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice one DD.
I am really impressed with what Baz is doing and saying.
He speaks really well and appears to be doing great things.
2021 season can't come soon enough, very excited to see what we can come up with.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Breath of fresh air honestly.

If we can just recruit a few more capable players in key positions we could be in the mix to lift ourselves from the bottom of the ladder.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How good is seeing Barrett grab the players off the ground that are having a breather and telling them to keep going
Absolutely loved seeing that.

I can imagine his initial speech to the playing group....

" There will be times that I will push you to the edge and you'll think that I'm a C@nt. But if you stick with me & we stick together in all that we do & you push yourselves to do it well, then I know you'll look back and you will know that I was the C@nt that helped you achieve greatness "...

Maybe something like that

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it. A coach with vision for the team who can communicate properly, unlike our last couple. A team with proper standards and genuine fitness sounds much better to me.

Loved that he talked about a 'lot of fundamental skilling' from week 1 too. Sounds like he's been watching us, but can he teach JMK how to read the play and pass properly?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why can't I find these videos on the website? Can only see them through the link that was posted

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely loved seeing that.
I can imagine his initial speech to the playing group....
" There will be times that I will push you to the edge and you'll think that I'm a C@nt, but if you stick with me & we stick together in all that we do & you push yourselves to do it well, then I know you'll look back and know that I was the C@nt that helped you achieve greatness "...
Maybe something like that
After that, I'm ready to run it from the back fence.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice one DD.
I am really impressed with what Baz is doing and saying.
He speaks really well and appears to be doing great things.
2021 season can't come soon enough, very excited to see what we can come up with.
Yes it could come too soon. Realistically Baz needs time to retool. Time till Christmas will be full on about fitness, attitude alignment, team building. He will of pinpointed where we need work...I expect more wrestling sessions and lots of cardio. New Year we can get into specifics A and D. He has a big job to do not only getting to know the group personally but establishing a playing style we can adhere to, building confidence, melding the new guys and the guys returning from injuries into the squad. It will all take time to ensure we hit the ground running early next season.